Newbie/Oldie here........

clg82

Banned
Reaction score
Hey everyone my name is Chris and I am new to this forum. And just getting back on the saddle to golfing again. I started out about 5 years ago with a set of walmart clubs, and now am upgrading to the Callaway x22 irons, with a Callaway diablo big bertha driver. I think that is a good start as far as clubs go. I am still a bit of an amature but the feel of the Callaway diablo and reading the reviews sold me on purchasing the x22's. Any suggestions on the clubs I am using or should be using, would be much appreciated.~Chris

Welcome to THP

Hey everyone my name is Chris and I am new to this forum. And just getting back on the saddle to golfing again. I started out about 5 years ago with a set of walmart clubs, and now am upgrading to the Callaway x22 irons, with a Callaway diablo big bertha driver. I think that is a good start as far as clubs go. I am still a bit of an amature but the feel of the Callaway diablo and reading the reviews sold me on purchasing the x22's. Any suggestions on the clubs I am using or should be using, would be much appreciated.~Chris

Welcome and I hope you enjoy it around here. I love my x-22's.

those are real good clubs for a beginner! what kind of putter-wedges?

btw :welcome:

Welcome and I hope you enjoy it around here. I love my x-22's.

I have just my walmart putter, any suggestions on a new putter. did you get the graphite shafts for the x22's? I am going from regular wal mart clubs with iron shafts (i think) to the graphite........and i'm kind of nervous about the transition.......

I have just my walmart putter, any suggestions on a new putter. did you get the graphite shafts for the x22's? I am going from regular wal mart clubs with iron shafts (i think) to the graphite........and i'm kind of nervous about the transition.......

I got the uni-flex steel shafts. I've never played graphite shafts. You might be in for a treat. :act-up:

I got the uni-flex steel shafts. I've never played graphite shafts. You might be in for a treat. :act-up:

All i have is the x22 3-pw-sw graphite regular, and a diablo big bertha neutral regular.....i noticed in your sig that you have like a million clubs am I missing something.

graphite shafts on your irons make contact feel very soft and will hopefully help you get the ball in the air...if you like soft feeling clubs definitely try odyssey putters-and they have lots of options as far as Mallet v.s. Blade decision goes

Welcome to THP!

As far as clubs, I can't say much bad about the Diablo or X-22's. They're great clubs, and very forgiving. You should love them.

I'm going to guess that the Diablo is coming with the $1 Diablo Fairway wood or Hybrid offer? I'd add in the #3 Fairway or #5 Fairway to give you a little more reach beyond what the 3 iron will cover.

With the PW and SW you have 45* and 56* wedges, which should work well. Maybe add the AW (51*) to bridge the distance gap between them.

For a putter, I would say find a store with a big selection of putters and demo everything you can to find out what looks/feels/works the best for you. Rife, Odyssey, Ping, TaylorMade, SeeMore, Yes!, Heavy, etc all make great putters and you never know what will work best for you.

Welcome to THP, good choice on the clubs. As for putters Osahar is right on the money, go try out a bunch and find one you're comfortable with. There are a lot of choices in styles and price ranges.

All i have is the x22 3-pw-sw graphite regular, and a diablo big bertha neutral regular.....i noticed in your sig that you have like a million clubs am I missing something.

Nope your not missing anything that's just what I carry. I got the 4-AW set and then added in the SW. Did you get a "free" SW with your set? I know they were offering a free Forged wedge with the purchase of a set of irons.

Nope your not missing anything that's just what I carry. I got the 4-AW set and then added in the SW. Did you get a "free" SW with your set? I know they were offering a free Forged wedge with the purchase of a set of irons.

I got the set off of ebay, so it came with pw and sw

I noticed the word Hybrid everywhere, are these a new generation of club or what are they used for?

Welcome to THP Chris!

Hybrids replace your long irons. They're a gift from the heavens.

:welcome:

x3 on the Hybrids being a gift from heaven! The articles are a great start, they were a new concept to me when I was getting my clubs figured out in January too. It's a TON easier for me to hit a 3H vs a 3 iron.

x3 on the Hybrids being a gift from heaven! The articles are a great start, they were a new concept to me when I was getting my clubs figured out in January too. It's a TON easier for me to hit a 3H vs a 3 iron.

i chose to carry a 19* hybrid over a fairway wood because hybrids are just as easy to take off the tee and fairway but are tons better from the rough(which is where i am often) :beat-up:

Welcome, Chris. Love me my hybrids and my X-20s (no X-22s yet for left handed women). Graphite shafts are fabulous.

Back