Played a Pro V1X ball today.....

I have been playing the 1x and Callaway CromeSoft head to head to decide which fits my game better this winter. So far they both beat the 330RX I was playing around the green and off the tee, but it just doesn't feel like the 1x is 10 bucks a dozen better than the CromeSoft. Still gonna give it another month of head to head play till I make a final decision.

In another month you may want to pay attention to an offering from Callaway. May make your decision a little easier

Walmart sells a dozen recycled pro v1x for $15.99. They're decent shape too.

I have been playing the 1x and Callaway CromeSoft head to head to decide which fits my game better this winter. So far they both beat the 330RX I was playing around the green and off the tee, but it just doesn't feel like the 1x is 10 bucks a dozen better than the CromeSoft. Still gonna give it another month of head to head play till I make a final decision.

I'm doing the same test with my new Apex irons. Early testing is that the Chrome Soft is a tad longer.

In another month you may want to pay attention to an offering from Callaway. May make your decision a little easier

How about a hint? :bulgy-eyes:

The X is less spin, higher trajectory then? So maybe better off the driver for most?

The X is actually supposed to promote a flatter or lower trajectory I believe.

Excellent ball and I get how someone used to e6 would be noticably impressed. Not a knock on e6 in any way, it's a quality ball too, but the balls are just so different. Sounds like the Titleist fits you well.

Try the chrome soft. Lower compression, many of the same benefits as the pro v. Much cheaper.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Both versions of the Pro V are fantastic, glad you decided to play one and find out for yourself just how good they are. The Bridgestone 330 series of balls is fantastic as well but game what you love.

I played the V1x a few times this fall and I was very impressed. The B series are also great. I'm hedging to playing one or the other next spring...

Have always been a fan of the X but not the regular. Probably since it is more similar to my go to B330-RX.

ProV1, ProV1X, and any tour ball really are so different than E6. E6 is supposed to keep side spin under control. A shot with the E6 that is a push may stay playable, but in the rough while that same swing with the tour ball might be in the woods!

The OP is a much better player than I am and I'm sure can handle it, but for high handicaps the tour balls may hurt their game more than help it.

Dave

ProV1x is a very very good golf ball. I thought it spun less off driver and the same (if not more) with approach shots, than the ProV1.

I think the B330RX is another very solid ball, price point is a little better than the ProV series. ChromeSoft is a softer feeling ball and spins less on approach shots than the ProV series balls.

As others have said, I will play them when I find them, but I will not buy them.

The X is actually supposed to promote a flatter or lower trajectory I believe.
I believe that was true with prior models but switched with the latest release.

I want to try this ball. My run of best golf this past year coincided with playing the PV1. Maybe that's just a coincidence, but I did like the ball a lot. Similar performance but with higher trajectory sounds even better.

I switched from the reg pro-v to the X this year. A little firmer and seems to spin less off the driver for me. Great all-around ball. For me the chrome soft feels too soft and distance off the irons was all over the place.

Back