Central NJ, Eastern PA & Surrounding Area Chat

I'm not in town this weekend but did play Glen Mills twice last week. Course is in pretty good shape but they were aerating one hole at a time. So, if you decide to play there, you should check to see if they have any holes closed. Kind of lousy that, right after you pay greens fee, they tell you a hole is closed. Would also be nice that when you call to see if there is tee time availability they would tell you that up front.

I'm not in town this weekend but did play Glen Mills twice last week. Course is in pretty good shape but they were aerating one hole at a time. So, if you decide to play there, you should check to see if they have any holes closed. Kind of lousy that, right after you pay greens fee, they tell you a hole is closed. Would also be nice that when you call to see if there is tee time availability they would tell you that up front.

Yeah I agree they should tell you that stuff up front. Definitely bothers me as well.

It's now a weird time in the season where courses start charging peak rates but the conditions are not there yet. It's one reason I like Wyncote this time of year so much because it dries out so quickly.

Maybe Lederach to Jeffersonville would be worth checking out.

Yeah I agree they should tell you that stuff up front. Definitely bothers me as well.

It's now a weird time in the season where courses start charging peak rates but the conditions are not there yet. It's one reason I like Wyncote this time of year so much because it dries out so quickly.

Maybe Lederach to Jeffersonville would be worth checking out.

I've never played at Wyncote but I did come across Tim Brown Academy (he teaches out of there and is a Golf Channel Academy instructor. They do a new student evaluation for $50 (http://www.timbrowngolfacademy.com/NewStudents.aspx) that sounds interesting. Has anyone done it or taken lessons from them? I'm probably going to do it next week when I am in town. I'd love to get some #'s on my swing as I have a feel for how I strike the ball but it would be quite useful to know how close I am to what I think I am doing.

I am signed up for a session with Michael Breed's Academy out of Ferry Point in NY in April for a Spring Tune up (3 hours/$199) which I figure is a good way to see what they offer.

Anyone in South Jersey Looking to play next week?

Man we should hire you to do the same for the Grandaddy...Since a lot of the regional guys haven't entered. Guessing they don't like free trips and clubs. :alien:

Why would you want anything for free when you can pay for it!?

Sure, I can get right on it, would only cost you one of the spots

:alien: :alien:

Just posted in the relo thread, but wanted to drop in here as well to introduce myself. I'll be moving to Pottsville for work in about 3 months, and once the time comes I'll definitely be hoping to meet up with some of you guys to tee it up! I know I will definitely be on the western end of this thread geographically, but hoping we can still swing some meetups!

Just posted in the relo thread, but wanted to drop in here as well to introduce myself. I'll be moving to Pottsville for work in about 3 months, and once the time comes I'll definitely be hoping to meet up with some of you guys to tee it up! I know I will definitely be on the western end of this thread geographically, but hoping we can still swing some meetups!

Awesome man. Meeting some where half way wouldn't be bad at all, so looking forward to you getting out here!

Awesome man. Meeting some where half way wouldn't be bad at all, so looking forward to you getting out here!

Thanks man! Excited to tee it up with you again!

Welcome! Hope to tee it up with you soon!

Welcome back to the east coast!

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this--please relocate it if necessary--but you are the golfers I want to ask for some suggestions.

I'm looking for recommendations for a golf instructor in the Princeton, southwest or central Jersey area. I also would consider traveling to Bucks County, PA. I live in the Trenton area.

I'm a self-taught, 65-year old golfer who is addicted to the game. I have plateaued as a mid-handicapper and want to improve. I definitely will practice, but like to play as much as possible. I want to find an instructor who will build on the skills I have developed and help me correct and overcome any swing flaws. I don't want someone who wants to start at the beginning and totally re-invent me as a golfer. I simply don't have that kind of time.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Back