How long / how many rounds do you play the SAME ball ?

I've had a few rounds which I finished with just one ball, but I Didn't count between rounds. A couple of days ago I played 12 holes with just one ball, the score still sucked though.

35 holes, lost it in the water on the approach to 18. Ugh.

Did you try to buff it out on the cart's bag strap? It works wonders.
No, I didn't because it was somewhere between a scuff and a cut. Wasn't all the way through the cover, but I definitely thought it would change the flight of the ball.

18 is my best. LOL and that was a couple of weeks ago. Surprised myself actually. usually good to lose probably 2 a round

Just happened in the last week. I lost a ball on hole 12, put a new ball in play and finished that round with it. I played the whole next round with it and then played the first 12 holes of the next round with it and retired it with 36 holes on it. Then the next ball I played I used the rest of that round and lost it on the 5th hole of the following round. So I had 46 total holes without a lost ball which in unheard of for me, by far the most I've gone so far.

How many holes before you lost a ball?

I don't formally keep track but right now I am at 36 or 45 without losing a ball. A few shots took some extra credit searching.

I think the longest I have ever gone is probably 36 holes or so. Not recently though, courses around here tend to have quite a bit of trouble. In Utah, there were several really wide open tracks where I would seldom lose a ball.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm the guy that loses a ball in the parking lot when it falls out of my pocket and rolls into a drainage system BEFORE I even hit the first hole...

I'm dumb, and normally start each new round with a new ball. Not that it matters, I always seem to lose at least one per side at my home course (where my league is each week).

Its not something I really keep track of, I replace when needed. Although last year we got the NorCal/SoCal group together and I marked one ball on the first tee and joked that it would be the only ball I needed for the weekend. Turns out it was true, I played that ball for two rounds on two very difficult courses.

55 for me. That zstar was still playable too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think the longest I have ever gone is maybe 18 holes. I tend to hit water or woods at least a few times during a round.

I have an 18 hole streak (2 9-hole rounds) going right now, which is way longer than usual. It's spread out over 4 balls, but I haven't lost any of them.

If I can go 27 holes without losing one in the woods, water or down a rural hwy I am pretty pleased with myself.

I've went weeks at time many times and then I'll lose one two days in a row. Nothing is forever.......

18! I finally made it through a whole round with one single golf ball yesterday! That ball is going on the accomplishment shelf for sure. It might not be impressive to most but as a beginner it was a big deal to me.

How long / how many rounds do you play the SAME ball ?

If you are not one to lose balls very often , or happen to make it through a round without losing a ball or 2. How long or how many rounds do you use that exact same ball. I start all my rounds off with a brand new ball .. Also, if I played the same ball for more than 6 holes straight.. I will use a new ball on the next hole. Whats your NEW BALL tendency ?

I will play a ball until it is either lost or scuffed up where the scuffs are noticeable. Then they are repurposed to my shag bag of practice balls.

Casual play, will you the same ball for 3 rounds before replacing. Competitive rounds, will start out out each round with a new ball.

Up to about 4 rounds with the same ball.

I like to play the front 9 with a new ball then change to another new one on the back 9 and I'll keep using them unless there is pretty noticeable scuffs or they get lost and after about 8 rounds or so I'll change them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the new Chrome Soft I've gotten 4 rounds out of one ball. They are very durable!!

Unless I'm trying something new, I pick two of the same make and model from the ball pocket, check for scuffs etc, clean them and play them until lost or in the drink or scuffed up. Always keep a second in a pocket. My only ocd rule is both balls are the same make and model.

Back