Unofficial Madison Wisconsin Area August 3 2016

Trappers would be awesome. Always wanted to play there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I put you down as a maybe, does the date work???
Icey, I've never played in an official or unofficial THP outing because I am not a particularly good golfer. In fact - I am a very bad golfer. If you needed to fill some gaps I'd play - but would be embarrassed to do so.

Icey, I've never played in an official or unofficial THP outing because I am not a particularly good golfer. In fact - I am a very bad golfer. If you needed to fill some gaps I'd play - but would be embarrassed to do so.

You are more than welcome anytime!

I've never played in a THP event either. I think it's safe to say that THP isn't about typical macho internet golfer "you're not good enough to golf with us" kind of bullish!+.

If you want to come out and meet other THP'ers, don't let your game hold you back. It's just golf :)

Unofficial Madison Wisconsin Area August 3 2016

You'd be surprised how many guys chunked it off the first tee at the kickoff classic. No worries really.

Too bad Lawsonia isn't a consideration as they've got 36 there. I know iced played that last year, but a few had mentioned it.

Too bad Lawsonia isn't a consideration as they've got 36 there. I know iced played that last year, but a few had mentioned it.
I could see it being an option, especially if we could play both for 36!

What does everyone think???

Where is that one at in relation to Madison? I've never heard of it so I'm assuming it's up north farther?

Where is that one at in relation to Madison? I've never heard of it so I'm assuming it's up north farther?
Green lake. Fwiw, the links is one of the oldest in the state. They have an all day rate of 110 which includes cart.

Last edited:
Lawsonia sounds good to me, and you can put me down for 36 wherever we end up playing.
btw U. ridge sounds good as well.

Don't hit it right here. The flop up to the green is a long way up from that cart path.
178e54754f598ffb5a4a62d0a28ed27d.jpg

Lawsonia sounds good to me, and you can put me down for 36 wherever we end up playing.
btw U. ridge sounds good as well.
Cool, what say you: sgbani, Nappy and blakehall?

Lawsonia is probably an hour shorter drive for me, and I've never played there, so I'm game.

Madison is fine too. I took the day off, and have a golf budget so I'm game to go with whatever the group wants to do.

Yeah I'm in the opposite boat, Madison is a lot closer for me and Lawsonia looks to be a 2+ hour drive.

That said it looks like an excellent course.

Selfishly I'd prefer to play somewhere in the Madison area, but if you all decide to do the Lawsonia - I could probably make it work. It would just require a little bit more planning on my part.

With $20 difference, I'd say Lawsonia vs Ridge is a tight race, there is something to be said for playing different courses for each 36.

What do the maybes think?

Maybe
Rambler
Blugold
kb1042
jfone
Nighthawk
MSH134
Dhart
bjosh
myndcraft

Two amazing courses. I'm wondering if they could do any better on the $110 for all/cart with a handful of people

Two amazing courses. I'm wondering if they could do any better on the $110 for all/cart with a handful of people
Great minds think alike, I just sent them a note asking them exact same thing, hopefully they'll be willing to negotiate more than Ridge!

Ha. I was going to say, if we were willing to travel a little, did anyone consider the courses over by Wisconsin Dells, but i'm guessing that time of year, they may not be a bargain. #TouristTrap

Do not forget about The Bog.

Well the bog is pretty Far East from where we were talking. But north of there about that.

The Bull is close to Sheboygan Falls and The Bog is near Saukville (about 34 miles south and a bit west of Sheboygan falls). Either of these would be a good choice also, with the Bull being a selfish choice for me since I've been meaning to play the Bull anyway. It's like 15 minutes from my GF's place in Sheboygan.

Back