2016 Olympic Golf

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I can't wait to watch, it's been interesting to learn about how team's qualify!

Those look good!! Are there any American's that will qualify that wear Adidas? I'm sure the other guys will have their own brand's shoes right?

Icey loves him some twitter

those shoes are sweet!!

I'm ready for it to. I just hope security will be ready down there.

Interesting to see why an American company like Nike wasn't designing the script.

I like what I see in the pics.

Icey loves him some twitter

You know it buddy.

Was there an adidas section/booth attached to the taylormade at the show? I might have totally spaced it if it was posted.

I would guess that the water hazards are going to be serious hazards.

I'll do my best buddy!

Whose favored...US?

Can't wait for this

Those look good!! Are there any American's that will qualify that wear Adidas? I'm sure the other guys will have their own brand's shoes right?

I would think it would be like other sports, where the US Olympic Committee determines which company outfits all of their athletes.

FWIW, a country can send up to 4 golfers if all 4 are ranked in the top 15 in the world. Right now, the US team would be Spieth, Fowler, Watson, DJ (ranked 1, 4, 5, 8). If a country doesn't have more than 2 golfers in the top 15, then they can only send 2 golfers.

Honestly, I couldn't care any less about Olympic golf.... yaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwnn

I would think it would be like other sports, where the US Olympic Committee determines which company outfits all of their athletes.

FWIW, a country can send up to 4 golfers if all 4 are ranked in the top 15 in the world. Right now, the US team would be Spieth, Fowler, Watson, DJ (ranked 1, 4, 5, 8). If a country doesn't have more than 2 golfers in the top 15, then they can only send 2 golfers.
I was thinking more along the lines of Ryder Cup but I suppose The Olympics are different.

The previews ive seen of the course look pretty nice. Sounds like it was a major pain to get completed

Im super excited for it. It will be amazing seeing the guys competing for their country, not just for the money, Like the Ryder Cup, but with all countries, or as many as can field at least 1 guy, fighting

Wait! The US can send 4 but Sweden only 2. How does that shake out? The US has more chances at gold. How about we send two from each country the qualifies?

Wait! The US can send 4 but Sweden only 2. How does that shake out? The US has more chances at gold. How about we send two from each country the qualifies?

As of right now I think the US is the only country sending more than 2. Numbers game. US has more golfers and 4 really good ones who will stay inside the top 15. It's a weird system and I would like to see it be same from all countries too.

As of right now I think the US is the only country sending more than 2. Numbers game. US has more golfers and 4 really good ones who will stay inside the top 15. It's a weird system and I would like to see it be same from all countries too.

It happens in a lot of Olympic sports, countries with the highest performers can send more athletes into the events than other countries. Prime example is track and field, countries like USA and Jamaica can have 3 athletes in the 100 meter dash field while other countries only have 2.

Here is the current projection of the men's Olympic golf field. Again, this is a projection, not how the field would currently be set (that's why the USA team differs from what I posted above), but it gives you a sense of how the majority of the field will not be well-known players.

CZpmFUzW0AACRlQ.jpg:large

The shorts are very interesting for the women's uniforms

Those shorts look awful imo.

It happens in a lot of Olympic sports, countries with the highest performers can send more athletes into the events than other countries. Prime example is track and field, countries like USA and Jamaica can have 3 athletes in the 100 meter dash field while other countries only have 2.

Here is the current projection of the men's Olympic golf field. Again, this is a projection, not how the field would currently be set (that's why the USA team differs from what I posted above), but it gives you a sense of how the majority of the field will not be well-known players.

CZpmFUzW0AACRlQ.jpg:large

Thanks for posting, I didn't realize how they qualified. I always love watching the Olympics and now having golf, I'm really excited!

I think it is based on how many players you have in the top 10 or 15 in the world. If you have enough you can get four but otherwise they only get two. I not positive but I know it is something like that?

Back