Live Update Thread & Contest - UST March Shaft Spectacular

Just, WOW! What a great day!!!

16 yards with the 6i and 15 yards with the driver.

Chances of Spencer going over a bunch of greens tomorrow? #Guaranteed

UST just changed his game, unreal!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is JB still awake??!! Bet he sleeps well tonight.

He's still going. Has an early flight out in the morning, so probably not too much sleep.

What a day guys. Thanks for keeping us updated all day. Can't wait to follow along tomorrow

GOT called away this afternoon and missed the QA part. But that's fine it was an awesome read catching up. Enjoy tomorrow.

Very good stuff in here! Thanks for great coverage today, guys!

Tomcatxiv – what was the most interesting thing you learned about UST while taking the tour?

I'd have to say that while the painting process is pretty neat to see, I liked watching them apply and roll the carbon fiber on the mandrel. What was fascinating was how they would add smaller pieces of fiber in various places to strengthen either the tip, midsection, etc.

tomcat: How surprised were you that properly fit clubs could make such a difference and how excited are you to get them on the course.

It was eye-opening to say the least. Looking forward to getting them in my hands tomorrow morning. Not looking forward to the cold and wind. :)

tomcat: What did you learn that most stood out to you as something that EVERY golfer should know?

A proper fitting cannot be stressed enough.

Caught up on a pretty epic day. Those wedges tho!!!!! So happy for you guys. That coverage was amazing. Have fun out there tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

One a terrific day capped off by what looks like an amazing dinner. Sleep well tonight gents and ladies...you deserve it.

Current Drivers:
- TM M1 with Fuji Pro 60 Stiff
- Callaway 815 Alpha with AD DI-6 Stiff

First question... Did you boys both just get new clubs, Driver to wedge?

Technical Question: since today's shafts are made for today's equipment, would today's shafts work with your older clubs?

Spencer got a driver, irons (4 and 5 hybrids and 6-A), and a Miura SW

I got a driver, shafts for all of my irons, and 3 of the wedges

Question for both of the guys. Lots of great new equipment today, what has you the most excited to use with your new shaft pairings?

My setup:
Driver Head: GBB
Shaft: Fuji Speeder 665 Evo II Stiff (65g)

I am super stoked to take the new driver out to see what I can do with it.

Just catching up on here. What a day for the both of you! Love reading up on the fittings.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

EvinKc05: For you what was the most interesting thing that you saw in the shaft making process?

I thought the hand rolling process was really cool. I think it would be really cool to be able to be a part of the testing on their products.

Evinck05: What aspect of the experience is he most mind blowing in regards to equipment for you?

The combination of Recoil and Miura is heavenly!!!

EvinKc5: how did getting the right shaft affect the performance of the Miura wedge?

it made a club that is already as smooth as they come, and made it softer with BETTER feel....

Evinck05: Now that you have had this experience, what will you share with your playing partners?

I have already been telling my friends about this awesome experience!!! UST Mamiya blew my mind and their shafts are the best in the business!!!

tomcatxiv: can you describe the feeling going from your old equipment to the newer irons and driver?

It was amazing. With the exception of my driver (which was probably 5 years old), my irons were ancient (from approx the Flintstonian Era, from what I understand :thumb:), so that was a big difference.

Tomcatxiv- Has this experience changed the way you look at golf? Are you an addict yet?

Absolutely. It feels like I actually have a direction to move in now. Since I previously have had a few lessons, that gave me a good base to start from in regards to form, etc. Now it feels like I have proper equipment to hone the skills that I'm learning.

I got into golf primarily due to a knee surgery limiting my ability to play tennis like I'd want, but I'm hooked now. Not sure how much I'll be able to play, but will feel more confident when I do get to play.

tomcatxiv - Was there any shaft information that busted a previous thought on shafts that you had before entering UST today?

I was a completely open book going into today. I didn't have any preconceived notions about shafts in general, specific or broad. I suppose that made it easier to listen to what Danny had to say.

Fitting they are playing the Tribute. For those that don't know about the Tribute it's a collection of famous golf holes from Scotland, sort of a Tour 18 of sorts. Gonna be cooler and windy tomorrow so perfect course for the elements.

Nice. Royal Links in Las Vegas is like that too. So cool to play replica holes.

Back