Carrying a 3 and 4 hybrid

I carry 3-5H and will probably drop my 3 wood for a 2H if the Ping coming in January is adjustable and I can get it at 16 degrees.

I carry a 3h, 4h, and a 3W. Though my 3W is not used much and just a few yards longer than my 3h...so I seldom use it. Clean flat lies off the deck or tee-box only for the 3W. Like you, I’ve often thought of leaving the 3W at home. There was a period for me when I didn’t carry the 3W at all.

Big fan of the 3H and 4H. I've had them in the bag for about 3 years now. Had the Cobra S3 Max in both, then switched to the Callaway XR's, now I'm on the Rogue hybrids.

I never got along with a 3W but the 4W slots in nicely, and while I'm losing distance from a 3W to 4W, it doesn't beat confidence at address.

I've toyed with thinking about a 2H or 5H but I think 2 hybrids are just fine. They're fairway finders for me off the tee. Typically anything 350 or less I'm hitting hybrid. Then of course when I run into Long Par 5s or whatever, either hybrid is my go to club.

I recommend going the heavenwood route (I carry a 20 degree wood and love it) but if you go the hybrid route be careful with the lofts. Some of the new 5 hybrids are stronger than my 4 hybrid that I carry. You may end up with two 4 hybrids haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve ended up buying a f8 3h, I’m really impressed with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back