Opinions: G400 FW & Hybrids vs Cobra F7 FW & Hybrids

Va Hunter2

Reaction score
Handicap
Currently gaming the Cobra F7 FW & Hybrids, interested in the G400 FW & Hybrids. Trying to justify purchase, looking for some feedback. Thanks

Currently gaming the Cobra F7 FW & Hybrids, interested in the G400 FW & Hybrids. Trying to justify purchase, looking for some feedback. Thanks

I like my G400s but have one minor gripe. There is a plastic film they place on the face that wears off over time. It’s off putting to be pealing away plastic film during a round in the first year with $200 clubs. I think it’s cosmetic, but still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I preferred the ones you're gaming just based on sheer performance, the sound at impact and the rails.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I love the G400. the head is compact. It's easy to get into the air. And boy does it fly! I think you will be able to find a review thread with lots to say on it here on the forum.

You realize the plastic on the face is supposed to be taken off right?

I like my G400s but have one minor gripe. There is a plastic film they place on the face that wears off over time. It’s off putting to be pealing away plastic film during a round in the first year with $200 clubs. I think it’s cosmetic, but still.

You want justification? Here it is:

Because you have the means and want to buy the new clubs. Unless you hit them and get results that way, what more justification do you need?

I gamed an F7 2/3H into the early summer and I ran some H2H F7 vs G400 tests several months ago. Everyone is different, but for me the F7 hybrid provided better overall results. The one facet G400 edged it on was a higher (and more consistent) peak height. I have no experience with either fairway wood.

I love the G400. the head is compact. It's easy to get into the air. And boy does it fly! I think you will be able to find a review thread with lots to say on it here on the forum.

You realize the plastic on the face is supposed to be taken off right?

I’ll post a pic if I get a chance. It’s not a removable sheet.

Just looking for some info, thanks for replying.

You want justification? Here it is:

Because you have the means and want to buy the new clubs. Unless you hit them and get results that way, what more justification do you need?

You never know until you ask, someone else may have compared these two side by side, thats teh feedback I'm looking for. Thanks for taking time to reply.

I don't have any experience with the G400 hybrid, but I have hit the FW. I didn't care for it. I don't think it's close - the Cobras are better. IMO the F7 FWs and hybrids are probably the best by any company the last few years. So easy to hit.

You never know until you ask, someone else may have compared these two side by side, thats teh feedback I'm looking for. Thanks for taking time to reply.

Hey dude, no worries, I got ya.

I played the F7 for a piece of a season and also gave the G400 3W a run.

For me, the F7 didn't have the accuracy or forgiveness that the G400 did. If you want straight, I'm not sure there is a more consistent fairway than the G400. That said, ball speed and spin were higher on the F7 for me, and I preferred the footprint of the two.

Is it enough for you to upgrade? Only you can answer that, but both are very good fairways.

I cant comment on the F7, but I can echo what James said about the G400 (I have the 5 wood). No clue how far I hit it, but it went far enough and pretty darn straight.

and this is coming from someone that really used to hate hitting fairway woods

Yeah I'd be interested to see that. I had a plastic sticker like thing on the face of mine when I bought it, but I was able to just peel it right off. There was no issue whatsoever.
I’ll post a pic if I get a chance. It’s not a removable sheet.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I want to thank everyone for taking time to give me your opinions, I really appreciate it.

I play g400 3 wood and 19/22 hybo’s...for me they’re excellent. For some background, driver SS right around 98/100, previous I played titleist 913 fwys and hyb, the pings are solid, the 3 wood for me just pretty much goes straight, I can bend the hybrids pretty well, I have the ping tour shaft in the 3 wood and 19 and Alta cb in the 22, the tour shafts are a lower more penetrating trajectory and the Alta flies super high. I’m very happy with them and won’t be switching any time soon.

I play g400 3 wood and 19/22 hybo’s...for me they’re excellent. For some background, driver SS right around 98/100, previous I played titleist 913 fwys and hyb, the pings are solid, the 3 wood for me just pretty much goes straight, I can bend the hybrids pretty well, I have the ping tour shaft in the 3 wood and 19 and Alta cb in the 22, the tour shafts are a lower more penetrating trajectory and the Alta flies super high. I’m very happy with them and won’t be switching any time soon.

What flex shafts are you using?

I went from Cobra F7 3W, 5W and 4 hybrid to G400 MAX, 5W and 4 hybrid. I didnt really get along with the Cobra setup after I really tried to make it work. The moment I put the G400 sticks in the bag Ive been in the fairway more often and hitting more greens in regulation. As much as the F7's were built to play shots from any lie with their rails, I find the G400's allot easier to hit and hit straight. The hybrid in particular is one of my favorite clubs when in the past I couldn't not hook one to save my life. Its going to be hard for PING to beat the G400 range.

Both companies make great golf clubs but im glad I went back to PING.

The G400 hybrid is probably the best hybrid I've ever used. Solid sound/feel, long (but still playable from a spin perspective), sets up neutral, compact shape. I liked it so much that I'm trying out the G400 3W at the moment. The only drawback on the FW so far is the sound (which is pretty loud). Otherwise, I'd echo what other posters have said - long enough, and very easy to hit.

Back