Callaway Preowned purchase

TMax14

Reaction score
Handicap
I've made about half a dozen purchases from CPO since being a member here and have always been pleased. I ordered a rogue SZ fairway in very good condition last week using the BF coupon and got it in today. I think very good was the highest condition they had listed at the time of my purchase. Upon looking it over today the sole and face are in great shape and look to have very minimal use. The down side is it has a pretty significant chip and scratches on the topline towards the toe.

My question is, after seeing these pics would you be satisfied with your purchase being in very good condition, or would the blemish bother you for the condition purchased? Just trying to gauge if I am over reacting or not. The condition guide on there site says topline "may have a small scratch or chip, but they will be barely visible."

Thanks in advance, this is in no way a bash on CPO because I have happily bought and traded with them multiple times.
13bbf218b4b0d1e5a646871c8c460ef2.jpg
87778f126e7119af3bb38b28b9f7ae7e.jpg
5bc7aa018aa131c41ee78c894307075b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You have a Satisfaction Guarantee - Get them on the phone and sent picture, Don't settle if your not happy.

"Barely visible" eh? Hmmm. I think I would be a lil disappointed. Face looks good tho so unless the chip bothers you at address I wouldn't worry too much.

Yeah, that's not very good condition whatsoever, looks like 1 sandy range ball high on the face did it in. I'd be unsatisfied and looking for a resolution. Callaway CS is as good as they come, they'll take care of it I'm sure.

It looks like someone hit a rock with it and well beyond a barely visible scratch or chip. I know they will take care of you.

that's a 3balls Very Good, not a CPO Very Good

If they have another in stock now, they will exchange, no questions asked. I had a similar issue this summer with a hybrid. The CS rep gave me a call when new inventory came in. CPO is so good at taking care of their customers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

They will help with the issue, just return and get another. CPO has awesome CS so this should not be an issue.

It's not terrible but I really have nothing to compare to as I'm a cpo newb

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Na not very good in my opinion, I typically buy like new from them and the clubs usually are spotless. I recently bought a new wedge and it was perfect, I just purchased 2 epic fairway woods on their BOGO so curious to see what they look like, although both are supposed to be in like new condition.

Curious to see the outcome, thought it was satisfaction guaranteed. Get after them!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Had something similar happen when I ordered an XR16 fairway last season. The shaft I wanted was only available in very good condition. I called and they sent me a new one right out to make it right. I'd say that is not quite very good condition as well.

I'm sure with their inventory levels condition gets missed every once in a while but I've had nothing but positive experiences with them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Had the same thing. I am a CPO fan also. I ordered a Rogue three wood and decided to splurge for the like new condition. Club arrived and it had a big nick in the shaft and a nick on top by the hosel. Very noticeable. Also there was several lines of glue on top I could not remove. I am in the refund process and have missed out on the recent sales.

Callaway Preowned purchase

Every person would have a different opinion on what is very good vs like new.

Looking at the pictures I would say yes, that looks like very good condition.

Edit: I asked a couple people in my office and they both say ok condition not very good. They agreed 6 out of 10 and would send it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it's an over-reaction on your part. I'd send it back. Maybe I'm spoiled with what Callaway CPO's traditional interpretation of what "very good" has been but if that's the trend they're now moving towards now, I'd only consider Like New.

Yea I don’t think i would consider that “Very good” condition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For CPO, that's not good. Call about an exchange.

I'd be reaching out to them and trying to exchange it. If that was closer to the sole it wouldn't bother me too much but being up toward the crown it would annoy me.

I definitely would expect better if it was advertised as very good and it would make me hesitant to make any future purchases from them. If I remember correctly, Callaway Preowned doesn't show the customer pictures of the clubs you intend on purchasing. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No way would I accept that. My OCD is just strong enough I would flip out every time I pull that club.

That is NOT "barely visible".

Thanks for all the input guys. I sent them an email after making the thread and then went to bed and havent heard back yet. If I can get out of my meeting in the morning after working all night tonight I will give them a call in the AM.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That doesn't look like my definition of barely visible and I think that I'm more forgiving that what I've seen from CPO. Their CS has been great in the past so they should be able to make you happy.

Wouldn’t bother me because I’d probably end up putting a worse mark on it with my swing. But it’s definitely not “very good”.

I don't think that's too far outside of "Very Good" as CPO has it described on their site, but certainly not the norm for them. I'm sure they'll make it right by you if you call them.

It looks like good, not very good to me. At least based on what I’ve gotten from them in the past.

Back