Cleveland TFI 2135 Putter Preview

I have rolled the 6.5 and while I find the concept behind the raised sightline interesting, I question whether it is really that groundbreaking. Wouldn't most putters that have a higher sightline than low on the rear flange already be accomplishing the same thing as these putters? For instance, the sightline on my Ping Ketsch is certainly higher as is say the sightline on a Callaway #7 and countless other putters. Not trashing the concept here, I'm just genuinely curious.

This was the video put out by Cleveland that finally made me feel like I got it.

I had watched the video before asking my question. I guess the answer to my question may be that if you have a putter with a sightline that is close to 21.35 mm off the ground then this putter would provide almost no help. It would also seem that where the 3 lines intersect for any given golfer is not necessarily as depicted in the video and would be higher or lower than 21.35 depending on how far off of being directly over the ball your eyes typically are, i.e., it would be lower if your eyes were barely inside or outside and need to be higher if your eyes are way inside or outside.

I'm about to take the plunge without trying this before I buy. Is it worth the hype it's generating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The putter has a great feel and puts a nice roll on the ball. That alone would make a blind buy worth it, especially at this price. Factor in the improved alignment and resulting confidence and I would say you should definitely take the plunge.
I need to find me a 6.5 in the future.
Yes you do. It's a shape that fits the eye very well.
I had watched the video before asking my question. I guess the answer to my question may be that if you have a putter with a sightline that is close to 21.35 mm off the ground then this putter would provide almost no help. It would also seem that where the 3 lines intersect for any given golfer is not necessarily as depicted in the video and would be higher or lower than 21.35 depending on how far off of being directly over the ball your eyes typically are, i.e., it would be lower if your eyes were barely inside or outside and need to be higher if your eyes are way inside or outside.
With 21.35 being the center of the ball, wouldn't looking at an alignment line that was either higher or lower than 21.35 increase the discrepancy between what you perceive and the actual alignment depending on how far inside or outside your eyes were?

Granted, if you were currently using a putter with an alignment mark close to 21.35 your results would probably be closer than say a sightline on a flange.

It is such a subtly sophisticated concept that it can be hard to grasp. I think (emphasis on think) 2135 is the constant. If you had a pencil going through that radius of the ball pointed at our target and if you putter was pointed on that line then it doesn't matter where your eyes are - you always have the putter on the intended line. Move the aim line from the putter up or down from that central point and your eyes need to be properly positioned to get aligned correctly. The closer your putters aim line is to 2135 the less dramatic the effect is, but it is still there.

Picked up a 8.0 CB today. Should have it in a week or two. Will post my thoughts when I get it.

Did you guys catch that stat that David Toms went from 131 to 11 in strokes gained putting this year so far with the 2135. Crazy.

Bumping this because it's incredible

I just measured my Odyssey Dart and 2 Nike Methods which all have the sight line on the top of the putter. All 3 sight lines come in at 22.22mm which is only .87mm or .034 inch higher than the 21.35 on the Cleveland. I can't imagine that such a small difference matters much at all. I did try out the 6.5 and loved the look and feel of it, however I'm not expecting to start sinking puts like crazy with such a small difference.

And my Ketsch was just under 23 mm so similar thought.

I just measured my Odyssey Dart and 2 Nike Methods which all have the sight line on the top of the putter. All 3 sight lines come in at 22.22mm which is only .87mm or .034 inch higher than the 21.35 on the Cleveland. I can't imagine that such a small difference matters much at all. I did try out the 6.5 and loved the look and feel of it, however I'm not expecting to start sinking puts like crazy with such a small difference.

And my Ketsch was just under 23 mm so similar thought.

Sounds like it's close enough but remember, an error of one degree off-true in aiming your putterface translates into 2.1 inches off-target at 10 feet. But then again if your in the 20% who gets lined up directly over the ball each time you shouldn't have any issues with alignment no matter what.

I still think I will pick up one of these this year. Played around with them every time I'm in a golf store. Love the feel of these. Thinking the 6.5 is my favorite at this point.

Quick question for any of you who ordered online from Golfsmith. How long before you got shipping notification and how long in total from order to delivery?

Nate is tempting me again

Went with the 1.0, I like blade putters. And I liked the weight.

If you like heavier putters I'm surprised that you didn't go for the 8.0. I love heavier putters myself and especially if they counter balanced. The 8.0 is a gem and its very reasonably priced. You may want to give one a go.

I was skeptical at first, but after making the plunge and trying one...it didn't leave my hands out the door. On course results have been just as good or better.

If your stroke is off nothing will help fix it but the confidence the 6.5 gives me I get upset if I miss a putt...period. (yes...I still get upset but not with the putter.)

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I was skeptical at first, but after making the plunge and trying one...it didn't leave my hands out the door. On course results have been just as good or better.

If your stroke is off nothing will help fix it but the confidence the 6.5 gives me I get upset if I miss a putt...period. (yes...I still get upset but not with the putter.)

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Seems like the confidence this one exudes is universal

My health insurance through work has a fitness tracking --- Well On Target. I get points for logging in daily and logging activities, etc. Well my reward points just went towards a new TFI 2135 6.5.

You guys have me convinced that it's something I need to try.

I think it's time for a 1.0..

Seems like the confidence this one exudes is universal

Putters are on the highest scale of being personal...but I was shocked. Have found positive alignment lines with the 6.5 that follow the thinking of my previous putter. Still feel assured I'm aligned properly using them and the 2135 helps keep my eye on the ball and not peek. Well...when I do it right anyway.

Nate is tempting me again

Ha-Ha....compared to other pieces of equipment it's not an expensive temp. I would love to see how it treated you!

I'm very curious to see what Adam and Cleveland Co. has in store for 2135 down the road. I asked Adam if he thought he could incorporate it into the SS back at the outing. He gave me a grin.

Ha-Ha....compared to other pieces of equipment it's not an expensive temp. I would love to see how it treated you!

I'm very curious to see what Adam and Cleveland Co. has in store for 2135 down the road. I asked Adam if he thought he could incorporate it into the SS back at the outing. He gave me a grin.

I would buy that one in a heartbeat.

I heard a rumor the white alignment line may be elongated.

So to all the people out there that either went to the event or have had a chance to try these, what are your final thoughts? I'm seriously considering the 1.0 version.

So to all the people out there that either went to the event or have had a chance to try these, what are your final thoughts? I'm seriously considering the 1.0 version.
It is a very solid putter at a very reasonable price. The 2135 technology works. The TFI face is excellent. If possible I would try to roll the different models before choosing a specific one.

I was at the event (as a host, not participant) and have added one to my bag.
Absolutely love the thing.

Back