CallawayPreOwned Question/advice

LLIB

Unfittable
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just looking for some guidance here. I just got a set of CF16 w/ Recoil 110 from CPO. They were listed as "very good" condition and the club heads are. My dilemma is I had them adjusted 1* flat and I noticed that some of the ferrules are goofed up, like they started to melt from the heat on the hosel. I don't care about the ferrules but I do wonder if it affected the epoxy. It's probably fine but it is in the back of my mind. Also the listing said standard length but they are +2". Not a huge deal because I was going to have to cut them down, even from standard length because I'm short. But it's relevant because i can't send them back after I shorten them.

So THP fam, what would you do. Send 'em back or play 'em and see what happens?

Last edited:
Just looking for some guidance here. I just got a set of CF16 w/ Recoil 110 from CPO. They were listed as "very good" condition and the club heads are. My dilemma is I had them adjusted 1* flat and I noticed that some of the ferrules are goofed up, like they started to melt from the heat on the hosel. I don't care about the ferrules but I do wonder if it affected the epoxy. It's probably fine but it is in the back of my mind. Also the listing said standard length but they are +2". Not a huge deal because I was going to have to cut them down, even from standard length because I'm short. But it's relevant because i can't send them back after I shorten them.

So THP fam, what would you do. Send 'em back or play 'em and see what happens?

Maybe at least call them and mention the melted ferrules and the fact they are longer than what you ordered. Might give you a further discount.

CPO has excellent customer service. If you have issue and want to exchange them they will more than likely do it. If you are going to have them cut down to play to length you want, I would keep them and have them cut, re-ferruled and start playing.

Call Callaway customer service. They will want to know these things and get it straightened out for you.

I should've called when I got them earlier but I was agitated and disappointed and didn't feel like screwing with them. I almost went ahead and cut them down and regripped them but the epoxy possibly being compromised was stuck in my head. I'll call them in the morning. Thanks guys.

I agree with everyone else. I've bought a ton of stuff from CPO and have had to call them on a few occasions but their customer service has always been top notch.

Just got off the phone with CPO. Looks like I’ll be returning these. I was hoping they had something comparable to just do a swap but everything they have is in average condition and mine were listed as very good. Oh well, looks like I’ll have some play money back in my account in a couple weeks.

Back