What do you do with your clubs when traveling?

jdtox

Lord Tox
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
What do you do with your clubs when you're traveling and staying at a hotel whether for a THP event or just travel. Do you leave your clubs in the car? Bring them up to the room? I have seen guys do both so just curious. If you do bring them up to the room is it because you don't feel that they are safe in the car?

Keep them in the room. I don't even like to keep them in the car when I'm at home.

What do you do with your clubs when you're traveling and staying at a hotel whether for a THP event or just travel. Do you leave your clubs in the car? Bring them up to the room? I have seen guys do both so just curious. If you do bring them up to the room is it because you don't feel that they are safe in the car?

Never leave my clubs in the car even when traveling. I love them too much to leave them all alone.

They come into the room with me.

Distrust everyone and you will never be disappointed.

I leave mine in the car. May bring a putter and wedge in though if I feel like doing some indoor putting or chipping.

Leave them in my trunk. Bring them inside when home but seems like more of a hassle to lug them into a hotel and up to the room.

I used to keep them in my car all season but now I almost always bring them in the house.
I would be devastated to lose My Morgan Cup set more for sentimental reasons than Financial even though I couldn't afford to replace them.

Always bring them with me to the room. I'd rather not have the worry and I could always grab the putter and roll some on the hotel carpet if I'm bored.

Last time I left them in the car. Depends on whether they where cleaned at the course or not, if they need a cleaning they are coming into the room with me.

... I NEVER leave them in the car. I have seen too many bags stolen from friends, on golf forums and it happened to me once when I first started playing many years ago. Nothing special in the bag then so all was easily replaced, but today I have a bag that would be extremely difficult to replace so why take the chance?

I’ve done both. I prefer bringing them in with me though

I always bring them in. Always!

... I NEVER leave them in the car. I have seen too many bags stolen from friends, on golf forums and it happened to me once when I first started playing many years ago. Nothing special in the bag then so all was easily replaced, but today I have a bag that would be extremely difficult to replace so why take the chance?

Precisely. I haven't had my bag stolen, but I live in the car-jack, smash-n-grab capital of the world (Milwaukee), and I've had other things stolen from my car. It's not even the cost of replacement to me, its the time spent building the perfect bag, etc., and other sentimental items I may carry therein.

That depends on where I'm at. Most of the time, they stay in the car though.

At home they're always left in the trunk. Mainly because I park in the garage. :D

Unless I have a dedicated vehicle, I'm bringing them into the room. It's safer, it's more work, but the peace of mind makes it much more worth while.

Good stuff so far guys. I have taken them into the room about 85% of the time, sometimes people look at me like I'm crazy haha

Always in my house or within eyesight. I don’t even like leaving them with bag boys at a course if I can help it

Always in my house or within eyesight. I don’t even like leaving them with bag boys at a course if I can help it

Sameeeeeeeee, hahaha!

I HATE leaving my bag at the course anywhere I can't see it. My league course especially. Either my partner or myself will stay with the clubs if one of us has to go inside always

Good stuff so far guys. I have taken them into the room about 85% of the time, sometimes people look at me like I'm crazy haha
Nah bro, people are jealous we just played golf that morning lol

I always bring them back to the room. Don't trust valet nor course storage.

I usually use ship sticks when I travel so I usually have them sent to the course and leave them there is it’s a resort. If Vegas and playing multiple courses I have them shipped to the hotel and then haul them to my room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep them in the room. I don't even like to keep them in the car when I'm at home.

This ^^^^^^^^^ for sure. I never keep them in the car for longer than they have to be.

I’ve certainly done both for different reasons.... however, I don’t like leaving at bag stand or on a cart unsupervised... I’ve “lost” head covers and putter covers literally at the turn in the past....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back