Golfboard - 2016 PGA Show

Going with one of these would not go well for me. Besides where do I put my music, drink, laser, towels, snacks, camera?

There is a cup holder and a cooler can go,on the back. Laser can be clipped to the bag.

I want to try one! Serious question and skim alert....... I wonder if there is any relevant test data on what these would do for pace of play. I could see them helping quite a bit with the right demographic.

JM

Going with one of these would not go well for me. Besides where do I put my music, drink, laser, towels, snacks, camera?
Ya know, I never thought about that. Where do store your stuff?

I want to try one! Serious question and skim alert....... I wonder if there is any relevant test data on what these would do for pace of play. I could see them helping quite a bit with the right demographic.

JM

their website say avg 2:37 for a round

these things are bad a$$! still have yet to come across a course that offers them but I would be game

You can rent these at Las Vegas National golf course. I haven't yet, but might just to give it a whirl.

Definitely pretty cool.

I could get down with 2.5 hour rounds

These look cool, but that price is gonna hold back their growth. Especially since it takes two if them to replace a cart. There's also no way in heck I'd pay extra to use one of these.

i must be too conservative because i have zero interest in using this for a round

i must be too conservative because i have zero interest in using this for a round

Why? Just curious?

Probably a lot less harsh on the grass than carts. Personal transportation, seems it would make a round quicker and less back log.

These look cool, but that price is gonna hold back their growth. Especially since it takes two if them to replace a cart. There's also no way in heck I'd pay extra to use one of these.

Unless courses are going to allow these everywhere on a hole when carts are rough or cart path only, I would never pay extra to use one. At the same price per person as a cart, I'd give one a try. However, I am very skeptical that they would work well on courses with a lot of slopes, hills and/or longer rough - between the weighting of the bag on the front, turning difficulty (particularly when not at speed) and user error, hills could create a lot of problems. If you have to get off and walk when you get to certain slopes or areas in the rough (when compared to carts or push carts) then they do not present a good option in my view for courses that are not relatively flat.

Why? Just curious?

Probably a lot less harsh on the grass than carts. Personal transportation, seems it would make a round quicker and less back log.

Accordimg to the website these are better for the courses because of size and design. Sme good info on their site about this.
Unless courses are going to allow these everywhere on a hole when carts are rough or cart path only, I would never pay extra to use one. At the same price per person as a cart, I'd give one a try. However, I am very skeptical that they would work well on courses with a lot of slopes, hills and/or longer rough - between the weighting of the bag on the front, turning difficulty (particularly when not at speed) and user error, hills could create a lot of problems. If you have to get off and walk when you get to certain slopes or areas in the rough (when compared to carts or push carts) then they do not present a good option in my view for courses that are not relatively flat.

from what I have tread you can take these up to the fring of the green without any issues. Not sire if every course would allow that but it's safer for the course than a regular golf cart. With some of the pieces that Matt Ginella and others have done he said they are good on hills and rolling golf courses.

Why? Just curious?

maybe it's ignorance about the product,..... but i have no interest in balancing myself on a foot wide plank with wheels. in my mind, if i wanted to skateboard, i would. and i see slow play from the golfer. friends i play with that are slow, and man is it irksome, would be slow if they had a rocket strapped to their ass

We have these at the club, nearly killed myself the first round but got the hang of it after awhile. My daughter was a pro right off the bat.

Local course just got these recently. Can't play there without riding one now. Makes the rounds faster and more enjoyable.

Used these this past weekend at Crumpin Fox in Bernardston MA. Blows riding in a golf cart out of the water. These are absolutely fantastic. Price was a little higher than riding in the cart, however it was still pretty similar and not overly excessive.

Took me a few holes to really get used to the steering, but after that it was smooth sailing and ton of fun.

Used these this past weekend at Crumpin Fox in Bernardston MA. Blows riding in a golf cart out of the water. These are absolutely fantastic. Price was a little higher than riding in the cart, however it was still pretty similar and not overly excessive.

Took me a few holes to really get used to the steering, but after that it was smooth sailing and ton of fun.

We had the opposite experience. I hated every minute on it, it made my round last longer and it was not as responsive as I expected.

We had the opposite experience. I hated every minute on it, it made my round last longer and it was not as responsive as I expected.

I was somewhere in the middle. I had a ton of fun, and liked the added freedom of being able to split up and have all of my clubs. But there were some cart paths between holes that snaked up/down hills that were somewhat frustrating to ride.

My gut tells me it was about the same time as riding would have been.

Did you surf/skate/snowboard at all? What did you hate about it thats pretty all encompassing haha

Back