The Official 2016 MLB Thread

They couldn't do it when they needed to. So the Royals have already spoiled the Mets ring ceremony.

Haha. True but it's a new season.

Rockies traded Dickerson to Tampa for Jake McGee. I really hope there is something else to the trade because I think it's an awful deal for the Rockies.

Rockies traded Dickerson to Tampa for Jake McGee. I really hope there is something else to the trade because I think it's an awful deal for the Rockies.
Tell me about this guy

Tell me about this guy

Left handed outfielder has a lot of power to all fields and hits the ball hard a lot. Not great defensively and may spend time as dh. Really high ceiling offensively.

McGee is good but coming off injury and lost his job as closer. Dickerson looked to be an OF mainstay, good hitter. But of a curious deal for the Rockies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left handed outfielder has a lot of power to all fields and hits the ball hard a lot. Not great defensively and may spend time as dh. Really high ceiling offensively.
I like all of that except for the defensive woes. You will like Mcgee, if healthy he is flat dominant.

I've heard you are getting a pitching prospect as well, but don't know who.

I like all of that except for the defensive woes. You will like Mcgee, if healthy he is flat dominant.

I've heard you are getting a pitching prospect as well, but don't know who.

Yeah he's scary though. From what I've been reading is he throws a lot of fastballs and has a fairly high fly ball % which typically isn't a good sign for coors field. My hope is he has a good first half and they can flip him for a good return at the deadline.

Awesome another guy in my AL only keeper league gone

McGee is good but coming off injury and lost his job as closer. Dickerson looked to be an OF mainstay, good hitter. But of a curious deal for the Rockies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is the farm system is good and they have a good chance to be pretty good in a couple years. Instead they trade away a young guy who they have control over until 2020 and is going to hit in the middle of the lineup for years to come. In return they got a 30 year old relief pitcher who becomes a free agent in two years. So even if he turns out to pitch well it doesn't matter because the team is going to be awful.

I was hoping the would trade cargo and get as many prospects as possible primarily pitchers.

Yeah he's scary though. From what I've been reading is he throws a lot of fastballs and has a fairly high fly ball % which typically isn't a good sign for coors field. My hope is he has a good first half and they can flip him for a good return at the deadline.
Not many of them reached the warning track going off memory. Alot of weak pop flys. His k/9 has always been really sick.

Not many of them reached the warning track going off memory. Alot of weak pop flys. His k/9 has always been really sick.

Yeah his k/bb ratio is really good too. I think he's a solid reliever but we're not in a position where it makes a ton of difference. I think they needed to get either prospects or a starter.

Greg Bird to miss the entire 2016 Season.

That hurts the Yankees big time

I fully expected this to be a post about how he was on your AL only Keeper League team hahahah

HAHAHA, the team oddly doesnt end up with too many yanks

Could hurt. His playing time was going to be dependent on the health of guys in front of him. Certainly stings the development though.

Could hurt. His playing time was going to be dependent on the health of guys in front of him. Certainly stings the development though.

After his year last year I figured he was a lock for some solid Playing Time, but admittedly I don't follow the Yanks all that closely.

After his year last year I figured he was a lock for some solid Playing Time, but admittedly I don't follow the Yanks all that closely.

they could only put him at 1st or DH, although there was talk of the OF to get some AB's. When Tex gets hurt, it will be a loss.

I don't seeing it hurting the yanks too much right away. They have some options if tex goes down or needs a break.

Back