Anyone Still Gaming Mini Drivers?

I've played a full season with just an RBZ Stage 2 3 wood. Good year
I feel the same way about that club. I can't picture needing a mini unless I reconfigured my bag.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I still have mine in the bag and love the option. I do run into some rounds when it is really a one trick pony, tee ball only. But there are times that I can use it off the deck as well. I like having the club in the bag.

Still gaming a XHot 3 Deep. My go to club for tight fairways or into a stiff wind...low launch fairway finder.

I still have mine in the bag and love the option. I do run into some rounds when it is really a one trick pony, tee ball only. But there are times that I can use it off the deck as well. I like having the club in the bag.

Are the mini drivers mainly for off the tee or are they also designed to hit off the fairway? I would like to get one but only if I can use it in place of my 3W.

Are the mini drivers mainly for off the tee or are they also designed to hit off the fairway? I would like to get one but only if I can use it in place of my 3W.

I can hit it off the tee or the deck. It's not going happen for everyone but it can be done.

I can hit it off the tee or the deck. It's not going happen for everyone but it can be done.

I'm sure you can even hit your driver off the deck... I will look into the Callaway 1.5 mini driver possibly the 14* so I can adjust it up to 15* or 16* like a 3W or down 1*.

SLDR Mini Driver went back in the bag yesterday. I can hit it off the deck if needed, but rarely do I feel the need too. For me, it's just another option off the tee when I don't need driver.

I just ordered a Mini 1.5 for the holiday sale at Callaway preowned. Should be arriving this week.

I just ordered a Mini 1.5 for the holiday sale at Callaway preowned. Should be arriving this week.

Ditto. I have not hit the Mini 1.5 but have played the 3Deep and 2Deep since they came out. I ordered mine in the 12* version with a Kuro Kage x flex shaft. I only hit driver about 4 times a round so this will be my go to club off the tee. It's funny that the Mini 1.5 is only 7% smaller than the original Great Big Bertha which seemed huge when it was released 20 years ago.

Got my Mini 1.5 in the fall and moved out the XHot 3W Deep. I got more distance than from the 3W and can work the ball more than my driver.

If you regularly play tight courses, this can be a stroke saver.

tried all of them and no longer bag one. found no gain in accuracy of consistency over a regular 3 wood. being able to use a a fairway off the deck wasn't worth any sacrifice. 2deep and 3deep were playable from thr deck for me but the TM mini and bertha mini really werent. plus my driver swing has gotten much better leaving me just not using it off the tee as much. I usually drop down to a 3 iron if it's a must hit fairway or if driver too long.

I use a SLDR Mini. It's my only club longer than 5 iron. I just can't seem to hit a hybrid, fairway wood, or driver, but I'm pretty solid with that mini. I'd say it is my best club. I hit it off the tee, and for second shots on par 5s. It is the best golf purchase I've made, and I don't see it going anywhere any time soon.

After posting this I've played two rounds where I couldn't hit the Mini off the tee worth a dang. Gotta keep my mouth shut when something is working for me.

After posting this I've played two rounds where I couldn't hit the Mini off the tee worth a dang. Gotta keep my mouth shut when something is working for me.

Hate when that happens!

Callaway Mini 1.5 for me. Been in the bag since it came out. Used to be a 3Deep guy and I prefer the mini. I also use the BB815 with as well and they work great together. Never hit the mini off the deck as I switch between a 3H and 5w. Still love my mini.

I have a Mini showing up today.

I have a Mini showing up today.

My Mini 1.5 is arriving Friday. Can't wait to get it out on the course this weekend and hope it's the fairway finder that my 2Deep and XR Deep have been.

Last edited:
Had a mini 1.5 for a couple of months but Now I am back with driver at 44.5". Maybe I get another driver replacement , but then it will be a club that is playable from the deck also, as a 4w. The new XR 16 could be that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I went down to the local GG store and hit a couple of Bertha Mini 1.5 in both 12° and 14°. I started out with the stiff flex and the guy who worked there noticed that my swing speed was too slow for the stiff flex. He went and got the R flex and after hitting a few balls, my swing (club head) speed was up 5-8 mph. So after hitting both shafts, I decided to go for the 14° club with the Fujikura Speeder shaft regular flex.

Going to search for a used one in decent shape.

Placed an order for the mini 1.5 from Callaway Pre-Owned. Glad they had the club I wanted in stock.

I was wondering about the mini drivers as I hadn't heard much recently. I'd still love to try a Callaway 1.5 at 43 inches. Maybe if I can find a good deal somewhere. Car payments have taken away some of my golf funds.

UPS delivered my Mini 1.5 with Kuro Kage x shaft today and I had to go out and test it. It had the new club karma going with 10 of 11 fairways hit and 10 of those holes were a GIR. I bombed it downwind on the 417 yard 3rd hole and had a 95 yards in (20mph wind and downhill). I've been playing the 3Deep, 2Deep, and XR deep the last 4 years and I'm excited to have the Mini in my bag!

My Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 showed up today...guess I'll have to take it out for a beating.

I was wondering about the mini drivers as I hadn't heard much recently. I'd still love to try a Callaway 1.5 at 43 inches. Maybe if I can find a good deal somewhere. Car payments have taken away some of my golf funds.

Check out CallawayPreowned. They have a sale on them now. After watching Freddie and #Cookie hit theirs so well this past weekend and hitting it well myself, it will probably be my next purchase.

My Callaway mini came last week and I totally love it. I've played 3 rounds with it so far and one being a tourney. Looking forward to Spring.

Back