Wedge advice/opinions

Question for the group:

What's the best way of going about finding some of these wedges, or where to look? 2nd Swing has alot of used ones, but would like to find new if possible.
-I'm having trouble finding any new Mizuno S5 with the right bounce and loft. Even used is tough to find with the specs I'm looking for (54* loft and 12* bounce)
-I am having better luck finding the Ping Glide, but again struggling a bit with the right loft and bounce.
-Can easily find the RTX-3, but they don't offer a 12* bounce like I'm looking for (either 11* or 14*)
-588 RTX-2 can only really be found used, and even then same problem - right loft & bounce.

Any suggestions for my search?

Question for the group:

What's the best way of going about finding some of these wedges, or where to look? 2nd Swing has alot of used ones, but would like to find new if possible.
-I'm having trouble finding any new Mizuno S5 with the right bounce and loft. Even used is tough to find with the specs I'm looking for (54* loft and 12* bounce)
-I am having better luck finding the Ping Glide, but again struggling a bit with the right loft and bounce.
-Can easily find the RTX-3, but they don't offer a 12* bounce like I'm looking for (either 11* or 14*)
-588 RTX-2 can only really be found used, and even then same problem - right loft & bounce.

Ebay.

Takes some navigation and diligence wrt vetting sellers. But ebay is the most vast and therefore offers perhaps the best opportunity to locate hard to find items.

Question for the group:

Looks like RockBottomGolf has a CPO S5 in 54/12, at least they allowed me to select it:

https://www.rockbottomgolf.com/golf...d-mizuno-golf-s5-white-satin-wedge-very-good/

Bounce is our friend. I used to play low bounce wedges and it felt like it hurt my game.
Also, CBX is a great wedge. Worth awhile trying it out.

Another question for group. I've had success with 12 degree bounce before, can't hit 8 or 10. Seems like alot of wedges not have 11 or 14 bounce (ex. Cleveland RTX 3 and RTX 4). Which way should I go? Up to 14 or down to 11? Wasn't sure which would be better given previous success with 12*, wasn't sure if 12 to 11 or 12 to 14 was that drastic of a difference, etc.

Another question for group. I've had success with 12 degree bounce before, can't hit 8 or 10. Seems like alot of wedges not have 11 or 14 bounce (ex. Cleveland RTX 3 and RTX 4). Which way should I go? Up to 14 or down to 11? Wasn't sure which would be better given previous success with 12*, wasn't sure if 12 to 11 or 12 to 14 was that drastic of a difference, etc.

Replied in pm

I would go with more bounce. The difference between 10* and 11* is negligible. Also, how wide the sole plays a huge role as well.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Mizuno S18?

Back