Bridgestone JGR Driver Review Thread

Are you saying 12 degree head with the right shaft or 10.5? I have the 12 in J715 and have on order the 12 in JGR just hoping didn't go to high loft.

I had a J715 10.5 head for a while and still have a J815 12* head and from what I saw I would say the JGR that I tested in 10.5 launched for me about the same as my J815 12* even with the differences in the shafts. IMO if you are looking for more launch than your 10.5* J715 you could be fine with the JGR in 10.5 with the same shafts installed. As always I would suggest trying before buying but understand it's not always possible. It's not on sale until March here in the states so if you can't demo them I would wait until hearing feedback from Club Clash in April to see what all the testers have to say with direct comparisons and flightscope on hand.

I say run with your feedback. As long as its a recent head, its similar.

Ok thanks JB, don't want to post false info.

So yup! I still really want to hit one of these.

Will this his driver make an appearance at The Kickoff Classic JB?

JM

I had a J715 10.5 head for a while and still have a J815 12* head and from what I saw I would say the JGR that I tested in 10.5 launched for me about the same as my J815 12* even with the differences in the shafts. IMO if you are looking for more launch than your 10.5* J715 you could be fine with the JGR in 10.5 with the same shafts installed. As always I would suggest trying before buying but understand it's not always possible. It's not on sale until March here in the states so if you can't demo them I would wait until hearing feedback from Club Clash in April to see what all the testers have to say with direct comparisons and flightscope on hand.

Ok thanks JB, don't want to post false info.

ok thanks for info, was just looking for same launch, feel as my 12. I didn't like the feel and dispersion of the 10.5 so my initial thought was to go with a 12 in the JGR????

I liked the few swings I took with this last week. Interested to get some more time with it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I often wonder about choices and direction. We always hear that there is no influence by what is used on tour, but I think this is the perfect example of just how much impact there really is.

I often wonder about choices and direction. We always hear that there is no influence by what is used on tour, but I think this is the perfect example of just how much impact there really is.
I've been wondering this as well. Success on tour seems to be arbitrary when compared to how a club will help the public. Do you think the nature of snedeker beefs up the argument for this JGR driver? ie, he's a guy who doesn't seem to change clubs just for the sake of changing clubs (his old burner driver). I know there are other variables such as a new coach, but do you think the public is more likely to latch on to the driver, rather than his training, for his current success?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I've been wondering this as well. Success on tour seems to be arbitrary when compared to how a club will help the public. Do you think the nature of snedeker beefs up the argument for this JGR driver? ie, he's a guy who doesn't seem to change clubs just for the sake of changing clubs (his old burner driver). I know there are other variables such as a new coach, but do you think the public is more likely to latch on to the driver, rather than his training, for his current success?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I think so.
And FWIW I say this and also say that I have this driver, have tested it and it performs exactly how Bridgestone describes it in the Home Page video about the technology in it.

But we hear constantly about wanting lower spin, wanting lower ball flight and needing the ability to change shafts and face angle on the forums. This does none of that. Again I say that and say that it does what it says it should do VERY well. Its quite forgiving, it spins more and hits the ball high high high.

I think Sneds could definitely have an impact on the sales of this driver. He also gamed his last driver for a long time compared to most so people immediately see this switch as special. I know for me it's piqued my interest because of that and really made me want to hit it. The tech is also pretty fascinating and I'd like to see it in hand and if it works. JGR is really the only driver so far this year I want to put up against my GBB.

jb makes a good point. we say that we don't what the pros play, but then a pro plays it and a lot of people are interested! for me, i was interested because it sounds like the next evolution of the j815 which i adore.

This is a very good point. I was first attracted to this club solely on the looks of the head, I love the shape and price point is great also. I don't typically take what a pro plays in to consideration but with Snedeker it is a little different due to the fact of how long he holds on to equipment if it works for him. It seems so many pros change to the new model every year (I know there are certainly exceptions) but just knowing Snedeker's tendency to keep equipment it holds a little more weight. It still doesn't affect me personally much because I have nowhere near his ability or swing but his endorsing it has more effect than others may have for me.

JB, sorry if I missed it, but do you have the stock shaft in this thing? And what degree head? I really want to try this thing when it hits the stores...

JB, sorry if I missed it, but do you have the stock shaft in this thing? And what degree head? I really want to try this thing when it hits the stores...
I believe he said he had stock and 10.5 but thought 9.5 would fit his game a little better.

JM

I have every loft they offer right now.
Stock shaft in all of them as that is what is used at Club Clash.

If you make it to a THP Event this year, you are welcome to try mine on the course.

If you make it to a THP Event this year, you are welcome to try mine on the course.

So will they be at Kick off classic? Don't think I have seen if you have said?

Thanks,

Do you find that the lower lofted models suit you better? High launch sounds good, but only to a point. Did you get spin numbers with each loft by any chance, and if not, how does it compare to your normal driver set up? TIA

Do you find that the lower lofted models suit you better? High launch sounds good, but only to a point. Did you get spin numbers with each loft by any chance, and if not, how does it compare to your normal driver set up? TIA

I have taken a total of 20 swings with it as we have been at the PGA Show for the last 8 days.
It launches high and spins more than my current driver.

Sure the feedback will start rolling in as we just gave one away too.

Interested in this club but not sure how "high" I will hit it. I hit my 715 high IMO.

I have taken a total of 20 swings with it as we have been at the PGA Show for the last 8 days.
It launches high and spins more than my current driver.

Sure the feedback will start rolling in as we just gave one away too.

You can give one to me, I would love to roll out my feedback!!! :)

You can give one to me, I would love to roll out my feedback!!! :)

Should have entered the contest, you might have won.
Or you could get into the THP Vegas Event and win a whole bag.

Somehow I always see these contests after they are finished.... I may have to looking the Vegas event....

This is a perfect scenario with Sneds winning with the new driver and ball in the bag. I'm hoping it will bring more attention to Bridgestone's equipment for the casual golfer who may know them more strictly for golf balls.

JB, I'm assuming you will have the JGR at the Kentwool event for those of us who are dying to take a few swipes with it?

This is a perfect scenario with Sneds winning with the new driver and ball in the bag. I'm hoping it will bring more attention to Bridgestone's equipment for the casual golfer who may know them more strictly for golf balls.

JB, I'm assuming you will have the JGR at the Kentwool event for those of us who are dying to take a few swipes with it?

Yes sir. And yes you will hit it into orbit with your swing speed.

Oh hey. Good news!

JM

Back