Santa, I need rain gear

annsguy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
The wife saw me come back from playing last weekend with some ancient rain gear and wet as could be and said Santa might have to fix this. I don’t want her to spend over $300. Can we find a good rainsuit for that. Or am I better off with just a good pant. I’m thinking a trip to Ireland/Scotland is a year away so want something decent.

The wife saw me come back from playing last weekend with some ancient rain gear and wet as could be and said Santa might have to fix this. I don’t want her to spend over $300. Can we find a good rainsuit for that. Or am I better off with just a good pant. I’m thinking a trip to Ireland/Scotland is a year away so want something decent.

Go on eBay and do some searching. I locked down a brand new goretex jacket for about 65 and change.

Go on eBay and do some searching. I locked down a brand new goretex jacket for about 65 and change.

I fear the funk of a used rain jacket (glad to hear yours was new).

I love the PUMA one I got from Budget Golf. Used the THP coupon, it ended up being affordable and it’s solid.

I fear the funk of a used rain jacket (glad to hear yours was new).

I love the PUMA one I got from Budget Golf. Used the THP coupon, it ended up being affordable and it’s solid.

Didn’t think about that used scent, that’s a good point. I never considered used cause that’s a bit gross on a waterproof outfit at that.

If budget has solid ones and coupons work, that might be a great option as well

Golf Galaxy has the adidas climastorm provisional II jacket and pants (order separate) for $80 total.

Free Shipping as well.

and someone mentioned 25% off coupons going out this week so not sure if u can use that as well.

I love my Galvin Green Goretex, but no chance you are finding it for your target budget. Has anyone had experience with SunIce rain gear? I really like the different length pants that Galvin Green (short/medium/long) and think SunIce has some pants that have the same. Think I remember seeing some goretex options that if you shop around could be had for around or under that budget.

My advice is to get Goretex, it is worth spending the extra money if you are going to be using it in Ireland/scotland.

Dude you absolutely can. I have two....
UA storm pants and jacket never get wet and don’t sweat at all. Just a little noisier than my Puma gear. Both are fantastic and I have never gotten wet in either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 ways to make something "waterproof"

1. DWR coating (Nikwax wash-in or otherwise) to make water bead off the surface, disallowing moisture penetration

2. miltilayer fabric with a membrane, i.e. eVent, Gore-Tex, Hipora, Polartec, etc (they all have differences but generally work the same)

If going the membrane route in a non-insulated shell, you will want a 3 Layer fabric. For Gore-Tex, this means the membrane is fused to both the outer fabric as well as an inner liner (this liner prevents your own skin oils from clogging the membrane). The downside of 3 Layer is that these items are typically more expensive and have a stiffer "crunchy" feel to them.

Gore-Tex is far and away the dominant brand out there, but not necessarily the best, especially when it comes to breathability

Dude you absolutely can. I have two....
UA storm pants and jacket never get wet and don’t sweat at all. Just a little noisier than my Puma gear. Both are fantastic and I have never gotten wet in either.

Thanks Dude! Good info. Still using the Nexus bag you sent me!

Thanks Dude! Good info. Still using the Nexus bag you sent me!

Good!!!!! It’s a great bag of sho. I will say the sizing of these rain suits is something to consider. When I was Javier I bought the puma too large and now it’s like enormous. At least the jacket is. The pants are fine. The UA stuff was a little snug when I got it but now that I lost some weight it fits perfectly.

If your interested in either one I’ll let you know the sizing I got just in case it’s close to compare

Good!!!!! It’s a great bag of sho. I will say the sizing of these rain suits is something to consider. When I was Javier I bought the puma too large and now it’s like enormous. At least the jacket is. The pants are fine. The UA stuff was a little snug when I got it but now that I lost some weight it fits perfectly.

If your interested in either one I’ll let you know the sizing I got just in case it’s close to compare

You changed your name? What is it now? :clown:

Following along for rain gear info. This is a good conversation.

You changed your name? What is it now? :clown:

Following along for rain gear info. This is a good conversation.

Hahahaha Javier .....heavier......a heavier Javier?

Love the Puma gear from the Championship. You have a link to the rain gear you're talking about?

Hahahaha Javier .....heavier......a heavier Javier?

Gotta love Tapatalk and autocorrect.

I have always had good luck finding Goretex rain gear at www.nbgsd.com. Their prices are pretty dang good. JMHO

Great explanation on ways to produce waterproof product. In my days as a rep I sold off thousands of Frank Shorter Gortex jackets and pants to the Sports Authority. I’m not wild about the lack of breathability in Gortex but it’s the daddy in terms of staying dry. Wish I had kept one of those jackets.

Have done well at TJ Maxx and Marshall’s. Bought Nike rain gear $59.99 for jacket and pants and Under Armour rain gear for $49.99 for jacket and pants. But it’s hit or miss what golf gear they’ll have in stock at any given time.

Back