Ogio Luggage & Backpack Reviews

tequila4kapp

Tom Watson called to say “Hi”
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.5
The 13 guys who were fortunate to attend The Grandaddy received Ogio backpacks, golf club bags and one guy got a piece of luggage. This thread will serve as the spot where Team THP reviews the gear.

@bluehen2016, @ttucliffhanger, @armygolf, @boder, @rogt, @phillyv, @dacatalyst41, @KEV, @phil75070, @shanewu,@mpeterson, @dazeedmunds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 13 guys who were fortunate to attend The Grandaddy received Ogio backpacks, golf club bags and one guy got a piece of luggage. This thread will serve as the spot where Team THP reviews the gear.

@bluehen2016, @ttucliffhanger, @armygolf, @boder, @rogt, @phillyv, @dacatalyst41, @KEV, @phil75070, @shanewu,@mpeterson, @dazeedmunds

Looking forward to giving feedback on these two pieces! From first look and what I learned from the presentation, these are both going to be amazing pieces!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Many of the new OGIO items come with an external hard sided small case. The explanation we were given for the one with the backpack is that it allows you to leave the backpack in the overhead compartment and keep a small number of essential items with you in your lap. Let’s just say I wasn’t exactly convinced. But lo and behold I am using it that way today and it’s really smart.

The back side of the hard case has three hinged latches. You open them by pressing two buttons. Once opened they slide through little receiving slots on the backpack so that case can be carried on it.

This picture shows the hinged brackets and the slots the hinges slide through on the backpack.

7831cd6434b50414b2119be7529ae4d5.jpg

Here is the hinge in it’s open position with my fingers on the two buttons that you push to release it

2290f74f282071bb57f3c5e3be1825a5.jpg

Here is the hard sided case with a small number of electronics in it which I want to have with me in my lap

44e1e185e24dc0393af330a8b9a090fb.jpg

The Ogio Backpack we received at the Odyssey Experience didn't have that feature. Really like mine, was able to fit all the swag in it on the way home. It was pretty stuffed.

Intrigued what the golf bags are like, looking for a newbie.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The neat thing about that hard sided case is that it can be used with the golf bag as well. The same type of attachments are provided on both sides of the bag so that depending on which side of the cart you are riding on you have eased of access.

I’ll provide a more detailed review of the cart bag in the next day or two as it has lots of pockets and a couple of other really unique features that might need a video to best explain.

The backpack is a very sturdy one with lots of ways to organize things. The shoulder straps are incredibly comfortable.

Travel bag is solid. No bells or whistles to it, but seems to be very well constructed. Lots of room for other stuff in there too.

Travel bag is solid. No bells or whistles to it, but seems to be very well constructed. Lots of room for other stuff in there too.
I need one of those also because who knew, AA broke my ping bag again....I need a travel bag that's rock solid or I am going to ship sticks or something.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Alpha backpacks we got are pretty special. The MOD case is a brilliant idea and Ogio’s thoughts on using them are going to be well received I think.

I used the backpack as my sole carry on bag flying home today and there was enough room for everything I needed to carry with me. I think it’s going to be my daily driver backpack for work.

The MOD case will definitely be used a lot, for me it’s a great place to drop extra batteries, cables, chapstick, my wallet while playing golf.

The 2 shoe pockets on the travel bag can both easily fit a pair of golf shoes each, which is perfect for a guy like me who likes to bring a white and a black shoe along on most trips.

There is a ton of room at the top of the bag . You can leave the heads on (if you're crazy) and fit won't be an issue. If you remove the heads like a rational person there is a ton of room to put extra sweaters in there to further protect your amazing pre-release gear.

The 2 shoe pockets on the travel bag can both easily fit a pair of golf shoes each, which is perfect for a guy like me who likes to bring a white and a black shoe along on most trips.

There is a ton of room at the top of the bag . You can leave the heads on (if you're crazy) and fit won't be an issue. If you remove the heads like a rational person there is a ton of room to put extra sweaters in there to further protect your amazing pre-release gear.

I left my heads on. And had a minor panic opening my bag at the airport to make sure everything was fine, which it was. The protection at the top of the bag is pretty top notch, but I still packed a lot of clothing around there to be sure.

I was really surprised how much extra room there is in the bag. That's going to come in super handy for future golf trips when I try only taking carry on luggage and need extra space for clothes.

I'm not sure how how many know but on the flight to San Diego, American Airlines obliterated my bag and I spent some time trying to place a claim and figure out my contingency plan. The thought dropped in my mind to ask the Callaway team if I could just buy and Ogio bag and have the airlines reimburse me. Before I even had a chance to do that, @PhillyV had already spoken to @JasonFinleyCG and they were able to get me a Ogio Terminal Travel bag secured for my return. They grabbed it for my on Thursday night before we headed back to the hotel. That's above and beyond anything I expected!

I was honestly a little concerned because my bag looked bigger. The concern was unnecessary and you'll see why.

The bag is sturdy and the material seems much more resilient than my previous bag. Also...pockets abound. THERE IS SO MUCH SPACE!

dcd7a9b765e5adc0ab8aec87018b5536.jpg
36d5cf7dc3bf575b85acde98ec856176.jpg
73598a379d4f5ef204a475626e4e240c.jpg

The section is separated by a mesh netting that zips around the section and has a spandex-ish material that let's it stretch to protect the zippers.

Two other large mesh netted pockets line the other side with the same spandex like material. I stretched those pockets to the max and they didn't falter.

9d1e4d2e379dea282233fd15ab595852.jpg
540f9f98f194beeb83732274a88830bb.jpg
e03b2999310875fdb02ecd1afe540cbb.jpg

Excellent built quality and this is my new favorite piece of luggage.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

The extra space when combined with a stiff arm worked really well. It felt like there was enough structure there to protect everything. And with the interior anchor strap that felt like it was going to keep the space around the clubs.

The travel bag absolutely swallowed up the cart bag, which is impressive. That’s not a super small bag.

I not sure how how many know but on the flight to San Diego, American Airlines obliterated my bag and I spent some time trying to place a claim and figure out my contingency plan. The thought dropped in my mind to ask the Callaway team if I could just buy and Ogio bag and have the airlines reimburse me. Before I even had a chance to do that, @PhillyV had already spoken to @JasonFinleyCG and they were able to get me a Ogio Layover Travel bag secured for my return. They grabbed it for my on Thursday night before we headed back to the hotel. That's above and beyond anything I expected!

I was honestly a little concerned because my bag looked bigger. The concern was unnecessary and you'll see why.

The bag is sturdy and the material seems much more resilient than my previous bag. Also...pockets abound. THERE IS SO MUCH SPACE!

The section is separated by a mesh netting that zips around the section and has a spandex-ish material that let's it stretch to protect the zippers.

Two other large mesh netted pockets line the other side with the same spandex like material. I stretched those pockets to the max and they didn't falter.

I like how the bag has subtle branding. It seems like it would make it easy to see your specific bag when the hundred black bags are on the conveyer belt.

I like how the bag has subtle branding. It seems like it would make it easy to see your specific bag when the hundred black bags are on the conveyer belt.
I do too...plus you've still got this flap covering your identity card on the back of the bag. Very cool.

67613e00c1daafe2b02413bf4b81f4fd.jpg

I'm not sure how how many know but on the flight to San Diego, American Airlines obliterated my bag and I spent some time trying to place a claim and figure out my contingency plan. The thought dropped in my mind to ask the Callaway team if I could just buy and Ogio bag and have the airlines reimburse me. Before I even had a chance to do that, @PhillyV had already spoken to @JasonFinleyCG and they were able to get me a Ogio Layover Travel bag secured for my return. They grabbed it for my on Thursday night before we headed back to the hotel. That's above and beyond anything I expected!

I have this exact same suitcase and it’s awesome. My wife used it on her trip to London last year and it held up great.

After one use...

i have to say, I did miss a certain feature on my existing bag that involves extra wheels and the ability to roll the bag. That feature aside the bag is very nice and has several features that will appeal to most people.

The material is high quality and sturdy. This is obviously better and more durable than other bags I have had. The zippers are big and strong and easy to use (it was a little tight getting the zippers over the cart bags carry handle but not that big of a deal).

Looks are subjective but to my eye the bag really looks nice. The alternating colors and design are well done and it looks high end. Two people asked me if I was a professional on the way home.

The bag has a ton of room. It was easy to get a fully loaded cart bag in it and there was still all kinds of room. I put 5 or 6 dozen balls along the side of the bag, a pair of gold shoes up by the club heads and a weeks worth of dirty clothes in the bag. I could have gotten more stuff in the bag.

Last edited:
The Mutant is definitely massive inside. I think I could've packed everything I took last week to FL in it and still had room leftover.

The extra space when combined with a stiff arm worked really well. It felt like there was enough structure there to protect everything. And with the interior anchor strap that felt like it was going to keep the space around the clubs.

The travel bag absolutely swallowed up the cart bag, which is impressive. That’s not a super small bag.

I’ve got a Callaway Org14 bag that I would have to guess is about the same size as the Ogio cart bag we were given. I use it for travel in a Club Glove travel bag and the Ogio travel bag is definitely much roomier.

So while packing my bag for work tomorrow I figured I’d shoot some video of the backpack, packed like I will be taking it to work.

Camera operator had some height challenges so the camera angles are.... not the best.

https://youtu.be/HO7-SyK5r88

Please ask any questions, and I’ll be glad to answer or get better pictures.

OGIO Alpha Convoy 320 Backpack Initial Review
This backpack is absolutely awesome. It is my new work bag and has just enough space to not make the bag huge. I like the fact that there are 4 different pockets, which one being the laptop holder. Seems to be very durable material. It also includes an Alpha Convoy Hard Case which is detachable and can be placed on other product lines they have, and the one that directly applies to us that went to #TheGrandaddy is the Alpha Convoy 514 Cart Bag, but also attaches to other models of golf bags they have! I will be using this one for a long time. This is my initial review and will post more as time goes on.

I'm not sure how how many know but on the flight to San Diego, American Airlines obliterated my bag and I spent some time trying to place a claim and figure out my contingency plan. The thought dropped in my mind to ask the Callaway team if I could just buy and Ogio bag and have the airlines reimburse me. Before I even had a chance to do that, @PhillyV had already spoken to @JasonFinleyCG and they were able to get me a Ogio Layover Travel bag secured for my return. They grabbed it for my on Thursday night before we headed back to the hotel. That's above and beyond anything I expected!

Great thoughts and fantastic gesture by Finley and Callaway Clayton.

What are the dimensions of this bag? 20" 22"?

OGIO Mutant Travel Bag Initial Review
I have only owned cheap travel bags before, but with my first trip home, I had zero issues with this bag. It has plenty of space for an oversized bag and is very durable. I don’t travel a lot but based on my initial thoughts and a trip with it, I would recommend this bag to anyone. Usually I am skeptical about soft bags, but this has a ton, and I mean a ton of padding. I still took precautions of taking the removable heads off my clubs and flipping shafts, so tips were in the bottom of the bag and then put extra clothing about clubs, but honestly that is just me being over protective of my clubs. I would go to say you could do without all of that and still be just fine.

Great thoughts and fantastic gesture by Finley and Callaway Clayton.

What are the dimensions of this bag? 20" 22"?
Site says 29" H x 16" Wx 13" D and it's the Terminal Travel Bag.

Back