SeeMore Giant M1t - THP Review

Will these be available as special order only or will Golfsmith and galaxy carry them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check this out Johnny..

1-L.jpg

These new ersions are a lot more pleasing to my eye. Love the M1t - nice choice! If I had to choose one based on this view, I'd grab the M1t. I wonder if they'll do a Giant FGP2 version?

Really looking forward to Dans thoughts vs the original Giant he rolled last year.

"Mini Giant" - things that make you go hmmmm.

Custom to Canadan, awesome! Look forward to giving this a roll.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Here is some rolling of the Giant M1t and sound. It's relatively close to actual sound, but that's quite tough to commit to with every speaker offering a different layout.

Sounds good to me. Size looks pretty solid too.

Very interested in this!

Sound is nice. It does look weird to me though but only because I have been rolling a m8 so much lately that barely goes 2 balls wide from heel to toe.

The sound is good and the setup doesn't bother me. Time to add a giant of sorts to my ponder list

I'm not sure that I got what will be in production. It came with a grey giant FGP cover. It's quite large in comparison.

ahh, gotcha. Thanks for the info!

I was able to roll the M1t the other night. Having seen first hand the benefits the Giant FGP can provide I was expecting more of the same. When compared to the Giant, the M1t is much more manageable size wise. Canadan had to remind me how much bigger the Giant is and the comparison pic posted earlier does a good job of comparing the two. Again, I was expecting a heavier putter than what is the case. The sound is nice, a pleasing "click" on good strikes.

Here is some rolling of the Giant M1t and sound. It's relatively close to actual sound, but that's quite tough to commit to with every speaker offering a different layout.

Those are some nice golf balls.

First round in the books with the M1t and I walked away pretty impressed overall. A tough task for the head as the course greens are being left long during the crummy months of Ohio, causing a pretty dramatic speed difference between my indoor green and the course. Long story short, I was short.. Often. It'll make my critique of lag putting very difficult for the time being, so I'll just leave it out. With that in mind, I was on line all day. It was ridiculous how many stopped just short of going in, or well short of going in but dead on line. Still made five birdies and four of the five were putts of 6-20 feet.

Control wise, I find the head to be of nice balance, which shouldn't come as a surprise. The flow through the stroke is simple and typically doesn't waver open or closed much during the stroke.

Weight, I'm not sure SeeMore couldn't go heavier here. It's heavy, sure, but it's not shocking. Adding some weight might balance out the stroke even more which would be another benefit.

Size, I guess it depends on how open minded you are. I look down at the same putter for 18 holes and start to get comfortable. Some look down and can't get out of their own way if it's not a traditional shape. For anyone focused on getting help making putts and not focused on simple/boring, they may as well give this putter a run... It's not THAT different by comparison to a standard SeeMore shape of the M1, and I personally think people are overreacting when they talk about the size in total.

Sound, it may as well be a standard offering. Nice and simple, with nothing shocking despite the material used. I am a big fan of that.

For those worried about headcovers, you can definitely get away with using a magnetic standard SeeMore cover on this one, which i did (the groovy black). I don't care for the overly massive size of cover included (it says Giant FGP so I am not sure it's even what will go to production with the giant M1t), and this may sound silly, but I feel better with it on a standard sized cover in the bag. #HeadGames

Definitely intrigued. I'm always a believer of RST. My biggest concern about FGP is lack of forgiveness, I prefer heel toe weighting. Then, Giant was simply too giant. It's like looking down a brick.

M1T could be what I need with copper weights to boot!

Additional time on course with the M1t generated positive feedback. My numbers would still be better on faster greens, but my line was fantastic all weekend, and I didn't seem to have any issues controlling the speed from overly long putts like I saw with the original Giant.

There's a lot of value in the gating that will make a huge difference for golfers struggling to produce a fluid, balanced stroke back and through the contact zone. I really didn't have to concern myself too much with making sure the face stayed in the appropriate angle for the entire stroke because it just seemed easy.

Weight wise, I don't think it's overly noticeable after a round with the M1t at 355g. If anything I think SeeMore would benefit by cranking the weight up a big higher to take advantage of additional MOI production. Based on the fact that I see plenty of normal gamer weights in the 350 range, I think I'd probably pursue the tungsten weights if they do bump it up to 365 or more.

I can't stress this last part enough, those who can't get over the size need to just stop being silly and try it. After a round of golf everything looks "normal" and with the sound being as neutral as it is, you're simply benefiting from that larger face.

Do I think this changes the game? No.
Do I think it makes it easier to stroke? Of course.
Do I think people will benefit from a more 'normal' head shape being in the giant lineup? You better believe it.

Oh, and I won't be using the giant FGP cover any time soon on course. I've got about 50 SeeMore covers, and while they don't fit all that well, I can still game them with the Giant M1t with just a bit of the heel combating the top magnet. Much MUCH preferred from the massive Giant FGP cover provided. Hopefully they improve on that design for production.

With the previous Giant, and now with this one from your thoughts, I am surprised at how light the Giant putters are. They always look like they will be super heavy, but always seem quite light.

With the previous Giant, and now with this one from your thoughts, I am surprised at how light the Giant putters are. They always look like they will be super heavy, but always seem quite light.

Aluminum tends to have that effect, eh?

I think it's great. Nothing strange in sound, with the opportunity to absolutely load the perimeter with weighing.

To quote Cousin Eddie, "She's a beaut Clark".

I'm having a putter shootout here to see which putter(s) will end up in the bag this year. One of the putter contestants is the original Giant. The Giant's size really does not bother me. Typically I don't put a premium on looks and sounds of any golf clubs, but like most others, I do have preferances. Mine was ordered counter balanced and it came with the 17" SuperStroke 1.3 grip, so I obviously wanted a heaver putter. If it wasn't counter balanced the Giant really is not that heavy. YMMV.

Will these be available as special order only or will Golfsmith and galaxy carry them?

I confirmed with SeeMore that these should be available in your typical big box store. They are still essentially in pre-release, so expect a date from SeeMore sometime soon regarding release and when they will be available for purchase.

This putter looks so good. Your setup and roll looks perfect. What are your specs Canadan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back