Hole-In-One vs. Course Record

Hole-In-One vs. Course Record

• Total voters
I gotta go with the impossible (for a hack like me) course record. Unless, like MPLefty alluded, I'm the first guy to ever play a course, the record is safe. An HIO is at least a possibility every time I tee off on a par 3.

Course Record hands down. Anyone can luck into an Ace but course records are only held by serious gamers

Course record definitely. It takes a complete game for the course record and it would be awesome to experience being in that kind of zone to pull it off.

I'd say it's more realistic for me to shoot for a HIO!

HIO is far more likely but I would go with course record...that would me at some point I will drastically improve at golf.

Course record for me. No question. You'll have to string together a pretty flawless round to take down a course record.

Absolutely agree!! A hole in one is more luck than anything and notwithstanding that I don't have one, I view a course record as a crowning achievement in a golf career that takes such an amazing combination of golf skill, mental confidence/strength and luck for us amateurs that it would be far more special to me than even my first hole in one.

Course record for me. It would mean I was playing solid golf through-out the entire round and not just on one single hole.

A course record would be an amazing thing to have. Speaks to great play and talent. Would much rather have that.

I will take the course record!!! You played above and beyond for 18 holes of flawless golf. I got my hole in one this year on Jan 3rd, and you are correct, it is an unbelievable amount of excitement and an adrenaline rush. But the course record would be awesome!!!!!!!!!

To the question, my answer is: Yes.

I'd like to bag a hole-in-one on my way to setting a course record. :wink:

I've had 1 hole in one which could be considered a fortunate occasion but a course record shows that for at least one day I was better than anyone else. Oakmont would be my wish, since that's as close to a course record as I'm going to get might as well pick a great one!!

I have a better shot at a HIO. Not that I'll ever have one. But I'd take that over a course record.

Course Record for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd rather have a course record, and I've never (YET) had a hole in one.

Course record means I am playing some great golf. I would rather have that than a HIO which comes with some luck vice skill.

hah, I'll take a 60 at my home course 10 times out of 10 before a hole in one.
Because we know what clown you're taking out.

Course record, any day. I came close once with a 63 at a little par 70 course in Chippewa Falls Wisconsin but the course was short at only 5,600 yards and a rating of 68.3 so I've had rounds of 70 or 71 that were much more impressive than that 63. I'm too old now to even have an outside chance at setting any course records. My home course hosted a Champions Tour event for about a decade and Tom Kite blistered the course with a course record 62 back in 2001. I don't see anyone breaking that -12.4 differential anytime soon.

I'd even take a Club Championship easily over a hole-in-one. That is actually possible but more likely would be a senior club championship because I'll be old enough to play in those in a little more than 4 years and if health allows I'll be playing a couple hundred days a year and should be carding an index that is a couple strokes lower than now.

Because we know what clown you're taking out.

I don't. who is it? haha

Course record for me as well. HIO requires a little bit of luck. You don't shoot low 60's from being lucky.

Assuming I had the game for a course record that is what I would want. It tells everyone that you are the best and gives them a goal to shoot for. It can be broken but there are more people who can say I have had a hole in one, than can say I hold or held the course record

Course record for me. Like others have said, it takes skill to go around in 18 holes lower than anyone else has.

Back