Skytrak golf site now up, $$$ ?????

I think paying 100 dollars a year to see a session history is laughable.

..and let's be honest... it's a nice unit, but it's not perfect. Not even close.

You want "perfect", spend $20,000 and get something high end. For the rest of us, it is perfectly acceptable for what it provides for the price point.

You want session history for free, take a screenshot. Problem solved. I agree it's silly to have to pay for it but don't act like there's no other simple option to get around it.

That price is ridiculous.

I honestly couldn't believe it. He was only 4 hours away, so I was ready to get into the car to go see it but someone else was quicker than me. Which leaves me back in SkyTrak ponder mode. Good thing is wont need it until next winter, so I have some time to keep an eye on how SkyTrak is working out for all of you.

There is a crazy price for one on the bay right now. $1495 or best offer.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.... but based on the fact that it's SkyGolf, does it really surprise? It's how they function as a company.

Unfortunately they aren't the only ones.

It's not a bash on them in any way I just don't see how it's a good business plan when others do it as price of initial cost or a one time fee.

The price seems right compared for what you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You want "perfect", spend $20,000 and get something high end. For the rest of us, it is perfectly acceptable for what it provides for the price point.

You want session history for free, take a screenshot. Problem solved. I agree it's silly to have to pay for it but don't act like there's no other simple option to get around it.

"The rest of us" huh? I don't want to spend 20,000 dollars on a unit. That's stupid (for me)... But I don't think it should cost 20k for accuracy. There's also going to be a lack of information provided, but at what cost? No peak height, no descent angle, no smash factor.. I am sure there are other things, but the number of elements that aren't there could be improved.

I also think it's funny you think taking screen shots of each photo and then transcribing them into excel is a viable workaround. To me, it's just a nuisance.

Skytrak golf site now up, $$$ ?????

"The rest of us" huh? I don't want to spend 20,000 dollars on a unit. That's stupid (for me)... But I don't think it should cost 20k for accuracy. There's also going to be a lack of information provided, but at what cost? No peak height, no descent angle, no smash factor.. I am sure there are other things, but the number of elements that aren't there could be improved.

I also think it's funny you think taking screen shots of each photo and then transcribing them into excel is a viable workaround. To me, it's just a nuisance.

You've already said the irons accuracy is strong. And i know they are working on the woods accuracy. It's supposed to be part of the upcoming release.

As for storing session history, since they decided to use a model where it's stored in the cloud, the cost of cloud storage should absolutely be passed onto the users. I'm sure it's a tiny portion of the overall fee - and I don't think that what you get for the fee outside of sim integration is worth it fwiw - but unless they rewrite their software to store the session data locally on the computer or iDevice then it's perfectly acceptable to expect a cost to the user for accessing session history.

It would make more sense to break out cloud storage as an ala carte item rather than lump it in with the other features. The cost should be minimal, but there should be a cost for it based on this model.

Last edited:
It's not the customer's fault they built it that way... And for what it's worth I've never used the cloud for my data, so i can't say whether I love it or not... But I'd never pay 100 bucks a year just to have it... Let alone a session history..

It's not the customer's fault they built it that way... And for what it's worth I've never used the cloud for my data, so i can't say whether I love it or not... But I'd never pay 100 bucks a year just to have it... Let alone a session history..

Agree, that's why I said they should make that a separate cost. No more than $20/year would cover it.

Here's why I think they went that route. Easy syncing and viewing on any platform. If they went with local storage then you are in a model where the user can't get their data anywhere. I suspect if they kept it as a computer only software package then local data makes sense. But they went with iOS first and so little of the general smartphone using population could easily migrate files to and from their phones or tablets. It probably came down to an ease of use decision.

Video looks pretty solid for tgc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TGC is an awesome game but needs a good computer to run well and look good. I have to turn the settings all the way down to run on my laptop but it is a crappy one with average 4gb and normal video card. I just don't play computer games enough to spend a lot on a computer. Would much rather spend $2k on a skytrak not a gaming computer.

I don't think they should be charging an extra $100/yr for added driving range features. The Skytrak certainly isn't perfect, but it's a pretty damn good value for the money. I know there are those that had issues with accuracy....but there are people that have also shown it to be pretty spot on (including driver) when hitting it alongside a trackman....or actually hitting it outside and doing real time comparison. It can be finicky with ball placement/markings. But it's accuracy is there.

Some people were holding out for the ES16. However, at $4K it's not in the skytrak's price range. We'll see when it actually comes out and what the reviews say, but I think the sentiment from the PGA merchandise show is that there is overall disappointment.

If I had the money, would I get the gc2 over the Skytrak? No doubt about it. But there's still nothing out in the same price range that could compare to the Skytrak. With what data and accuracy the Skytrak provides....it's a great value for those looking to improve their game at home.

TGC is an awesome game but needs a good computer to run well and look good. I have to turn the settings all the way down to run on my laptop but it is a crappy one with average 4gb and normal video card. I just don't play computer games enough to spend a lot on a computer. Would much rather spend $2k on a skytrak not a gaming computer.

How does the game play with those settings? Is it choppy or smooth?

How does the game play with those settings? Is it choppy or smooth?
Choppy. If you want it to mostly play golf on then it really needs a good computer. I got it for the course designer so it doesn't bother me as much but if you are a gamer who expects the game to look good while playing don't play it on a laptop.

There are some amazing player built golf courses that are awesome as well and actual "tours" online every week that are popular. The mechanics of the game are really easy though so you see scores like 50 under winning the 4 day tournaments. My lowest is only like 65 but I have only played like 20 rounds total. The majority of the time I am using it to build courses.

Now if I had skytrak I imagine 99% of my time would be playing the game.

Thought of something else with regards to sim options. Installed win 10 on my much more powerful iMac and mirrored the screen to an Apple TV box in the garage and get the best of all worlds. Use teamviewer to get mouse control over the iMac from the garage. Tried it and it was awesome!! The iMac can easily handle e6 and did a good job with TGC at medium settings.

Borrowed a computer from work to try out E6 sim with SkyTrak. The computer is a little slow but I see the potential in the e6 sim with SkyTrak. Distances were pretty good. I am bringing home another computer to give it a go tonight hopefully.

For those not following the golfsimulator forums, TGC should be releasing this week!

I really want one now.

This has been on my ponder list for longer than anything else...of course it's due to cash value. Enjoying reading everyone take as they integrate Windows systems and update all the bugs.

For those not following the golfsimulator forums, TGC should be releasing this week!

I'll believe it when I see it. This has been talked about for ever. Hope it's true for all of the people who have been patiently waiting.

I'll believe it when I see it. This has been talked about for ever. Hope it's true for all of the people who have been patiently waiting.
It's at the point where they are even releasing documentation about the install and everything with tgc!

I really think its just around the corner now

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Promises promises

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's at the point where they are even releasing documentation about the install and everything with tgc!

I really think its just around the corner now

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

How doI get my hands on those docs.....? Waiting to buy a computer based on specs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A good gaming computer probably costs more than Skytrak

Back