What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
THP'd and booked a tee time at San Juan Oaks Golf Club for Monday.

Worked on putts on my birdieball. Focused on keeping my head and eyes down a second longer. Talk about difficult.

THP'd did some scripting tweaks for #THPKickoffClassic, worked on putting, demoed the XR and the M2

Bought a custom flak 2.0 golf prizm

Finally getting around to tinkering. Not really sure when I'll get to play again but at least I'll have something to look forward to

4d57ea276c33f7653033ffbd2fc4aa90.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spent the last 30 minutes of my lunch hour taking the 60w grind out for some continued practice. still living around the toe, but the contact is so much better and the spin is getting where i want it to be. i hit some skanky shots, but i hit a lot of really nice shots and am actually starting to get some confidence and rhythm. toward the end today i started thinking about trying to swing just a hair in-to-out at impact and saw some really encouraging results. i will keep that thought up to see if it continues to pay off. today was one of the better sessions i've had so far.

Hit Golfsmith with my 7i, and put it up against the C200, D200, Cobra Max, XR OS, regular XR, JPX 850 forged, M2, and some used Fly Z's. Hit the D, OS, and Z's in both graphite and steel.

Long story short, the only club that gave me significant distance + height gains was... the D200 in graphite. 10 yards longer and around 3 yards higher. C200 was over 5 yards higher but only 3 yards longer on average, and everything was going right.

On the good side, it means my D100s are still pretty good sticks for my game. On the bad side, my G.A.S. isn't about to be satisfied. Oh well, there are worse problems to have in life!

THP'd and went to my lesson.

Had a good lesson today working with my driver.

Had a lesson this morning and I saw some instant results and good ones at that - At my fitting last week I was hitting driver with 4,100+ RPM so I knew I had things to work on, hence booking a lesson for today

At the start of the lesson, I was hitting down on the ball with driver and cutting across it creating too much spin as per above
By the end of the lesson I was hitting up on the ball, coming at it from the inside and seeing spin numbers that the pro was a lot happier with. I had the odd bad shot that resulted in serious hooks (something I have never done with a driver) and spin around 1,600RPM, others where I left the clubface open, but a lot more consistent shots that were flying high and long with the spin around 2,600 RPM

I have a few drills to work on to try and bed in certain feelings I am looking for in my swing and I have a further lesson booked for the back end of March to see how I am getting on with it - would have been slightly sooner but I am away on holiday in March so he wanted to give me a chance to hit balls when I got back before seeing him again

It is hard to try and break old habits, but he was very good with his explanations of what he was looking for and said I have a very solid base to work on and there isn't too much to do to unlock a very good swing

Got a text from the wife that my package from Budget Golf arrived. They used a saying on there blog post and sent out a free gift. :banana:

Bought some Callaway Chrome Soft Urethane to compare against my current gamer ball, W/S duo Urethane.

Shipped golf balls to mancest and TheCrest4, THP'd and watched a bit of the AT&T ProAm. I'm going to the range for a little while after I dominate this power nap!

Regripped my Works Tank Cruiser 7 with a Super Stroke Pistol GT grip...without ripping it in half.

THP and bought a few things. Waiting to get out of work to hit the range and swing some clubs.

Picked up my blue S5 60/10 with a spinner shaft.
Come on spring!!

Given that I'm visiting my folks in Jersey and it's 20* out - yeah, not much. Hahaha

THP and watching the Pebble Beach for me today

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Paid my deposit to participate in league for this year. It was eight degrees out when I stopped at the pro shop on my way to work.

First round of the year in Colorado with kc720 and j4u. Golf wasn't great at times but it was a good time and the weather was great.

First round of the year in Colorado with kc720 and j4u. Golf wasn't great at times but it was a good time and the weather was great.
Indeed great to finally get a round in

Worked on a project for someone that has developed a golf app then went to the range. Hit to buckets of balls and left feeling pretty good overall about the session. Maybe I will even have a couple of shots that are use able during the Kick Off Classic.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

THP'd and started gathering items for #KickOffClassic sponsored by @Kentwool at RTJ Grand National.

JM

Played golf.
Talked golf equipment after the round.
THP'ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back