Cure Putters Review Thread

We'd love to meet some THPers this week at the PGA Show - Booth 801

12471621_905429706176744_2810251435336698819_o.jpg

Happy to hear that you are enjoying your putter Dan. I have a couple of High MOI putters but my RX3F is without doubt the best, people really should give these a try to experience the difference.

Where we do differ on is the looks. I rather like the looks and I suspect that the looks alone will be drawing attention to you on the practice greens. Admittedly the sound is not the best and many others here have also made comments to this. When I changed the grip to a longer CB rubber grip, not only do I putt better, but it lowered the pitch of the original "tink" sound. To me it sounds so much better now.

Continued success with your RXi putter.

It's so hard to shake what you grow up 'knowing' it seems. It's funny, I had my dad over for dinner tonight and made him roll the Cure with an open mind... And he just couldn't do it. Kept being goofy and making faces because in his mind, it doesn't matter what it does if it doesn't look or sound right. Makes sense for a guy who has a broken stroke (yet he's a very good putter). Just a bit streaky as any stroke that wasn't neutral would be.

No matter. From an educational standpoint, I think I accomplished what I wanted. There is an awful lot of sense built into high MOI, as you can clearly sense it every stroke made. Especially when you switch back to a smaller blade.

Shortly thereafter, my wife rolled a few in with the Cure... Methinks I just lost another putter to her bag.

I spent some time with a Cure for the first time yesterday. I'd picked one up in the local shop a few times before, but they were always adjusted with the shaft at strange angles that didn't really work for me, so I would just hit a few putts and put it back. Everything I've been reading about high MOI and Cure in particular this past week on THP made me curious though, so I went over yesterday specifically to give these a run.

I was hoping they'd have the new Cx line or an Rx3, but no luck--just 3 of last year's Rx1s. But I'd come to try out a Cure, so I figured I'd give those a shot. I'll admit I was hesitant going in. Sound has never been a big deal for me with any club, so I wasn't too worried about that, but I wasn't sure at all about the looks. At the very least, I knew my dad and uncle would give me never-ending crap for something so non-traditional, so I knew I would really need to like it to even consider one.

Color me impressed. With both the offset shaft and the straight center shaft (which I usually hate), I made more 15-20 footers in 15 minutes than I probably would in 30 with most putters. And even the misses were close. Let's just say I'm in serious ponder mode--it seems that these may work exceptionally well for me. I'm really bummed that I don't have a way to try the Cx2 or the Rx3 and I'm not sure I'm willing to gamble without trying out the specific model. I'd also like to spend a little more time on shorter putts, just to be sure, but if I can find one at a good price (the place I was at is still charging full freight for the 2015 model), I'd say there's a really good chance I'm going to put one of these in the bag and give it a shot at some point this year.

Good feedback bigsky. Hope you get to test the other models.

Came away very impressed by the improvements Cure has made to their new line. The improvements to the audible feedback just show how Cure has listened to consumer feedback and formulated a plan to move forward as a company. CX1, RX3, and RX5 got some good attention from me, and honestly I want more time with them.

Came away very impressed by the improvements Cure has made to their new line. The improvements to the audible feedback just show how Cure has listened to consumer feedback and formulated a plan to move forward as a company. CX1, RX3, and RX5 got some good attention from me, and honestly I want more time with them.

Completely agree. The sound was significantly improved and man it put a solid roll on it.

I'll say this about Cure and it's an even stronger opinion now after the PGA show.

One thing I absolutely love about the Cure putter is its visible technology based on a theory that's being proven truer and truer by the day. So many companies are going down the high MOI path and I really believe Cure is the brand out in front of it all. And their putters have a very unique look to them. I really wish they would have stayed with that look through their entire release this year and avoided the Classic line. Yes I understand that's what it's going to take to get the putters in more conventionalist hands, but I would have loved to see them stick to their original ideas and not go the route they did. I know I may be in the minority who feels this way but it's just my $.02

Well hello there. Made a trade for a CX1 putter and I really like this line. Rolled a few putts after I got it today and it just felt good.

Well hello there. Made a trade for a CX1 putter and I really like this line. Rolled a few putts after I got it today and it just felt good.
Is it coming with you to AL? Would love to give it a roll!

You better believe it. I am bringing both my RX2 and CX1. Will definitely stick with the RX2 for the #THPKickoffClassic
Is it coming with you to AL? Would love to give it a roll!

Solid putter practice session today. Rolled putts from all different lengths with the CX1. Last putts of the day were from 20ft out. Small dbl break. With a grouping like this from 20ft, I'm more than fine with!

0537b3349168314727b53f8878da59a8.jpg

That is awesome X. That is how I was with my RX2 and looking forward to the same with the CX1.

Got the lie, grip and weight figured out on the rx2 tour. It is staying in the bag for the foreseeable future. Scotty now has office duty lol.

Got the lie, grip and weight figured out on the rx2 tour. It is staying in the bag for the foreseeable future. Scotty now has office duty lol.
It does take a little while to get everything adjusted, but once it is, the Cure is MONEY!!

I'm curious as to which grip you ended up using on your RX2 Tour?

I have a RX3F and I'm having very good results with the 13" round Lamkin Sink grip. Like this grip but still want to try the RX3F with the 15" Garsen MAX grip. This Garsen grip is lights out on my Cleveland 2135 8.0 and hoping it will do the same on the RX3F.

I'm curious as to which grip you ended up using on your RX2 Tour?

I have a RX3F and I'm having very good results with the 13" round Lamkin Sink grip. Like this grip but still want to try the RX3F with the 15" Garsen MAX grip. This Garsen grip is lights out on my Cleveland 2135 8.0 and hoping it will do the same on the RX3F.

Actually ended up using a Karma large pistol grip. Went through numerous super strokes and decided for 6 bucks i would try the Karma and it is money for me.

Had 28 putts last round with the rx2 tour. My regular playing partner has noticed the difference in my putting lately and asked where I got my putter lol. He is now gaming my old RX2.

Had 28 putts last round with the rx2 tour. My regular playing partner has noticed the difference in my putting lately and asked where I got my putter lol. He is now gaming my old RX2.
I spent time yesterday doing some indoor putting with the RX2. Adjusted the shaft angle and tinkered with weights. Right now have it set up so it feels good to me weight wise. While some will take this as a joke, I was rolling it with a headset on for par of the day, which eliminated the sound. The actual feel of the putter felt surprisingly good. The sound just masks it, which is improved on the newer lines.

It's great to see all the satisfaction with these putters. It will make my purchase much easier!

I spent time yesterday doing some indoor putting with the RX2. Adjusted the shaft angle and tinkered with weights. Right now have it set up so it feels good to me weight wise. While some will take this as a joke, I was rolling it with a headset on for par of the day, which eliminated the sound. The actual feel of the putter felt surprisingly good. The sound just masks it, which is improved on the newer lines.

I did this as well with the CX1. Actually started doing it with just about every putter to eliminate the sound = feel bias. Surprising how sound is HUGE in terms of feel

Back