Wilson Staff D7 Irons

campilobaxter

Mustachioed Root Vegetable
Reaction score
Handicap
Saw this teaser on Instagram today. Not one, not two, but THREE rows of power holes! I'm guessing these are a replacement for the D300 line?

781d1cbb49455fc3ca7a6c7b17bfdf21.jpg
c48dd5c07bbe381cbfc6e6de45314b44.jpg
ef3044bbb06f749853b11c85d01d3a59.jpg

I understood the original premise and rather liked the D300 and C200 irons that had the first design. I didn't spend as much with the C300, although I did enjoy the few swings I've taken with them. I'm just super curious on how much MORE one is getting from that extra row or two.

Couple more IG pics.

65a1ffd54f76c27d408422f60e341726.jpg
06cf5beb1274ee009dc2fd543ad7ac9b.jpg

Haha. Why have an embargo date if you are going to show off the full club?

It’s pretty interesting design, and they really like what they saw in testing.

To answer the question, yes it is a D release.

Haha. Why have an embargo date if you are going to show off the full club?

It’s pretty interesting design, and they really like what they saw in testing.

To answer the question, yes it is a D release.

The only reason I can think they would work on teasing the crap out of them and even show most of the design is because I think they have more eyeballs on the brand at the moment based on DVD2 and Cortex.

Looks like Radiators on the bottom. I assume they are plastic filled like others?

Next release, be on the lookout for four rows?

Count me in as interested to hit the D7 irons.

I understood the original premise and rather liked the D300 and C200 irons that had the first design. I didn't spend as much with the C300, although I did enjoy the few swings I've taken with them. I'm just super curious on how much MORE one is getting from that extra row or two.

That was my first thought as well, I loved the C200s and liked what I've seen briefly in testing the C300s, but how many more slots do you need progressively through the set and does it actually help in the longer irons.

I thought the current D series irons looked too busy. I’ve seen these on an Australian golf site and they are much easier on my eyes. The powere holes, which are slots IMHO don’t distract me at all. But then again I hit Triton which has a grey skunk stripe on it that reminds me of my wife right before she gets her hair colored.

I hit Triton which has a grey skunk stripe on it that reminds me of my wife right before she gets her hair colored.

I got a chuckle out of this, thanks.

Interesting that they don't have power holes on the top line like the C200 and C300.

I do not think these would be for me, but I bet ball go very far off of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting that they don't have power holes on the top line like the C200 and C300.

That top line looks too narrow to add holes, slots, dots, etc.

The picture of the face of the D7 is up on IG and Twitter. It’s pretty hot.DCB656EF-8C05-491B-A4DD-7D1BAACEE99B.png

That top line looks too narrow to add holes, slots, dots, etc.

I agree. I'm guessing that they've had enough negative feedback on the top line that they took them out. Because if you'd expect power holes on any Wilson iron, I think it would be the D line.

Just a little too much off-set for me.

I’m not sure until I hit em but I am certain that they have good irons through out the line.

Already a video review up on the D7 irons. They might as well release all the info now.

JB, my local pro shop has these in stock. Is there an emarbo on them or can i snap some pics next time im there?

Last edited:
JB, my local pro shop has these in stock. Is there an emarbo on them or can i snap some pics next time im there?

Fire at will!

Fire at will!

Looks like JB has got another thread goin on these and his pics are usually a bit better than mine... LIKE LOTS.. ��

Back