Your Bonus gift to yourself

annsguy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
If you get a company bonus (And I hope you do) that’s substantially larger than what you expected and suddenly you have some “ me” money what’s the one thing you’d buy yourself.

I always put my bonuses straight into my daughter's college fund. Only exception was if there were pressing home repairs or appliances that needed to be purchased then those got taken care of first and residual to college fund. She start in fall of 2019 and I believe she should be good for at least 4 years.

You get “me money”??? I’ll have to play this as a hypothetical...I’d have a new putter in the bag ASAP.

You get “me money”??? I’ll have to play this as a hypothetical...I’d have a new putter in the bag ASAP.

I get it and I painted this as a fantasy situation. Since I am home bound with ice and cold weather I am starting to get a little crazy.

Maybe a new driver and then put the rest into college savings or an IRA. We started saving for college when our kids had their first birthdays and we are damn glad that we did now that we have 2 of them in private colleges and another in a private high school.

Another round of lessons with Kristin Price at GolfTec in Knoxville!

I want the new Skycaddie SX500, for no other reason than I love gadgets. My Skycaddie Touch is fine and does the job well but it’s in my head now.
I think I’ll also get the GameGolf Pro when it comes out.......if it ever comes out.

I'm thinking I'll buy myself a new putter and a push cart with my bonus this year. The rest gets saved/invested.

New irons with a fitting and a new golf bag

Got word about my end-of-year bonus a couple of weeks ago, so we'll be taking a trip to Florida next week to celebrate.

If it was just money that I could use on golf, probably get a new set of wedges for 2019.

We don't get bonuses at my company :angry:

I get it and I painted this as a fantasy situation. Since I am home bound with ice and cold weather I am starting to get a little crazy.

I hear that. Stuck inside here too. I may be home bound for several days based on all this.

Generally I always do boring responsible things with "extra" money. But since this is fantasy, I buy a Wilson Cortex and maybe a putter.

Probably some irons. I’m getting the itch to upgrade.

Launch monitor/simulator setup.

GCQuad

Indoor simulator.

Just got mine last week and a part of it took care of s very pricey trip to Disney.

Part of that can be "me money"

Your Bonus gift to yourself

I guess depending on the size of the bonus.

Would probably be an extra round at Harbor Town after the Morgan Cup

Nothing like playing as a Tour Pro on a Tour Course #amirite

We get a small one, it paid for my new irons. The rest is going into investments.

Lessons for sure. Quality teachers around here are pricey especially as a student

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If lucky enough, a putter fitting and new putter.

Possibly a Tour Edge EXS and a couple of wedges - 52* and 56*. Not sure what brand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Retired LEO, so no bonus checks. But as per our contract, I do get a tidy supplemental check every December that NYC likes to deride as a holiday bonus.

In recent years, it, along with the mrs' bonus and our tax return money, goes straight to pay down the kids' student loans. This year they'll go mostly towards financing a pending master bath renovation.

But... I've already bought myself a new bag (Ogio Silencer stand) and may take a stab at a Cortex driver if/when I can score one for around $250 on eBay.

Back