Anyone combo set the Wilson Staff F5 and V4?

bavs

Reaction score
Hello

I have both of these sets and was wondering if anyone was gaming the v4 in the short irons 7-pw and playing the F5 in the longer irons 3-6? The specs are the same. I love the F5 but it's a tad big for my eye in the short irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello

I have both of these sets and was wondering if anyone was gaming the v4 in the short irons 7-pw and playing the F5 in the longer irons 3-6? The specs are the same. I love the F5 but it's a tad big for my eye in the short irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was interested in how the F5 and C200's would mesh, but I have neither the F5's or V4's. I suppose it would really just come down to your gaps. The F5's might be a little bit longer, but they'll also be more forgiving.

I'm curious how this works out for you.
As a V4 player, if I was going to combo set I would go C200 in the long irons to really see some performance gains.

I'm curious how this works out for you.
As a V4 player, if I was going to combo set I would go C200 in the long irons to really see some performance gains.

The F5's are no slouch when it comes to launch and forgiveness. While the C200 are definitely a jump, I think they would create a MASSIVE gap going from those to V4 in the same setup.

JMO of course. That said, I'm not a fan of creating a combo set for a lot of reasons.

The F5's are no slouch when it comes to launch and forgiveness. While the C200 are definitely a jump, I think they would create a MASSIVE gap going from those to V4 in the same setup.

JMO of course. That said, I'm not a fan of creating a combo set for a lot of reasons.

I just don't see a benefit in transition from the F5 6i to the V4 7i.

While "looking at a smaller iron" is something one may prefer, I think the drop in performance as to which iron gives you would not be worth it.

As someone who typically plays a smaller iron head, I had no issue with the short irons in these. They were money.

I just don't see a benefit in transition from the F5 6i to the V4 7i.

While "looking at a smaller iron" is something one may prefer, I think the drop in performance as to which iron gives you would not be worth it.

As someone who typically plays a smaller iron head, I had no issue with the short irons in these. They were money.

Im with War Eagle. I would never want to combo a set of two very different irons in look, sound and feel.
Both great irons, but I very much prefer the F5.

Im excited that THPers that signup for the THP Wilson Event later this year, will get to spend time with the creators of these sets, get some gear and play on the course.

Back