PUMA Ignite NXT Golf Shoes

PUMA Ignite NXT Golf Shoes

62d269f2c5f411a1a51f36798d9cf43b.jpg

Just tried these on for S+Gs.... Puma has something here. May be grabbing a pair of these. Color me impressed.

They feel like they are very well made (heavier than I thought they’d be) and fairly substantial. Sometimes you touch a product and you know its cheap, this didn’t have that feel at all. Surprised me to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Just tried these on for S+Gs.... Puma has something here. May be grabbing a pair of these. Color me impressed.

How did the disc work for you?

They feel like they are very well made (heavier than I thought they’d be) and fairly substantial. Sometimes you touch a product and you know its cheap, this didn’t have that feel at all. Surprised me to be honest.

Looks good.

Any comparison thoughts to the PWRAdapt shoes from '18?

How did the disc work for you?

Ya know, it wasn’t as easy as my Nikes. Is this one a bit different? It was a smidge difficult to loosen and get my foot into. Having said that, I was also just trying these on very quickly and wasn’t paying too much attention to the mechanism.

Looks good.

Any comparison thoughts to the PWRAdapt shoes from '18?

Sorry, I’ve only ever bought one other pair of puma shoes in some time (titan tour I think they were called, still have them actually). Heres a pic....
8a9c37d46322fdc20a7848042ff69bc2.jpg

Ya know, it wasn’t as easy as my Nikes. Is this one a bit different? It was a smidge difficult to loosen and get my foot into. Having said that, I was also just trying these on very quickly and wasn’t paying too much attention to the mechanism.

It is different than the boa system. Boa you pull out to unlock the laces, in disc you turn it the opposite direction than you tightened it to unlock it.

It is different than the boa system. Boa you pull out to unlock the laces, in disc you turn it the opposite direction than you tightened it to unlock it.

Makes sense, thank you for pointing that out. These click wheel shoes are awesome. So easy to get going and adjust on the fly.

Really look great and I love how the material in the forefoot wraps the foot without bunching up. Just had a quality look.

And its literally a quarter inch turn to unlock.
One of the issues I have with the placement of BOA is the once a round "flat tire" I get.

Yeah, IMO disc is better than Boa if for no other reason than I never had mine pop and lose tension mid round with the disc. I’m just hoping this release of shoes fixes the wear and durability issues some of us saw on the past line. If so, these will likely be in the closet soon enough.

25% off on Budget golf gets these pups to a nice price.

I absolutely love the Puma disc. Can't imagine having to tie golf shoes ever again. And it's great to make tiny adjustments on the course.

Only thing I wish Puma would do is make the opening a little bigger. On the shoes that don't stretch/open (i.e. PWRADAPT), I have a hard time getting my foot in the shoe. Super comfy to wear though.

Been checking these out and they look awesome. I love the disc system already and has lasted no problem throughout this season. Will be picking up a Gray and black in these for sure in the spring. When’s the Hi-Top version coming? Lol

These are some awesome looking shoes, definitely gonna be looking hard at these!

I need a pair of blue disc!
192245_04_1.jpg

Hey D, did they have these at PGATSS? How do you think the stability will be?

My grey Solelace NXT arrived today.

d92febcbf4a8f77df07bae543840dbfc.jpg

5e0ac83a0e01a4fed4911314dde49089.jpg

2364713affaf770a087d2422cbe88c1b.jpg

a869aa3f28940482fd747665bba07314.jpg

5d1af39ab2d8a0132715c98012592a13.jpg

Promptly put them on for a brief 15 min dog walk. First things first, these have a quality look to them, from the sole to the mesh upper to the PWRFRAME, they appear to be well built shoes. IMO they look better in person than pics show. Also, kudos to Puma for introducing a new lace system to go along with the disk and the traditional style. Big fan of innovation and it's what led me to get these instead of the other styles.

Putting on the shoe, much like the previous version, the soleshield was a little snug. It required a little bit of effort getting them on. The mesh upper is extremely breathable and feels very light. I haven't tried the Nike Roshe shoes which I guess would compare to these, but hard to imagine anything being more breathable. That's a big plus for me, given the high humidity in my area. Fit felt true to size to me, maybe just a little more space in the toe box than usual but it may not be worth going down a half size. I typically wear a 9 and think these will be fine.

The big question will probably be about the Solelace. I purposely tightened my left foot more than the right. Before walking outside I thought the right would be too loose. Well, I can confidently state it's possible to over-tighten the Solelace and yes, if you're not very bright about it the inside of the heel will still feel the effect a while after taking the shoe off. Both feet felt snug, actually really well supported in that midfoot area. You don't have to over-tighten these, at least in my early experience. I don't know that that area of the foot has ever been a real issue for me, but I'm probably not overly sensitive to it. I felt more connected to the shoe for sure though.

I was walking on the sidewalk, and in that scenario the insole was slightly more firm than I would prefer. Took a few steps on grass and immediately felt A LOT more comfortable. This isn't a "squishy" shoe by any means. Adding to that, the compound used on the sole felt very resistant. Initial impression is that it won't wear out as quickly as other spikeless designs.

No swings yet, but have a round planned for Wednesday and will wear these to try out. I believe it was c.a.eleric who asked about toe support. I'll be curious to see how these do, because they're on the minimalist end in that regard. I've gone to the range in soft trainers and have had slight discomfort on the right toes. I may have the same issue with these; can possibly get away with it for rounds but not heavy range sessions. That's one of the bigger items I want to circle back to. I'm cautiously excited; needed a lightweight, comfortable, breathable pair of golf shoes and these hit those boxes nicely.

Let me know if there's anything in particular you're curious about and I'll try my best to get back to you.

My grey Solelace NXT arrived today.

d92febcbf4a8f77df07bae543840dbfc.jpg

5e0ac83a0e01a4fed4911314dde49089.jpg

2364713affaf770a087d2422cbe88c1b.jpg

a869aa3f28940482fd747665bba07314.jpg

5d1af39ab2d8a0132715c98012592a13.jpg

Promptly put them on for a brief 15 min dog walk. First things first, these have a quality look to them, from the sole to the mesh upper to the PWRFRAME, they appear to be well built shoes. IMO they look better in person than pics show. Also, kudos to Puma for introducing a new lace system to go along with the disk and the traditional style. Big fan of innovation and it's what led me to get these instead of the other styles.

Putting on the shoe, much like the previous version, the soleshield was a little snug. It required a little bit of effort getting them on. The mesh upper is extremely breathable and feels very light. I haven't tried the Nike Roshe shoes which I guess would compare to these, but hard to imagine anything being more breathable. That's a big plus for me, given the high humidity in my area. Fit felt true to size to me, maybe just a little more space in the toe box than usual but it may not be worth going down a half size. I typically wear a 9 and think these will be fine.

The big question will probably be about the Solelace. I purposely tightened my left foot more than the right. Before walking outside I thought the right would be too loose. Well, I can confidently state it's possible to over-tighten the Solelace and yes, if you're not very bright about it the inside of the heel will still feel the effect a while after taking the shoe off. Both feet felt snug, actually really well supported in that midfoot area. You don't have to over-tighten these, at least in my early experience. I don't know that that area of the foot has ever been a real issue for me, but I'm probably not overly sensitive to it. I felt more connected to the shoe for sure though.

I was walking on the sidewalk, and in that scenario the insole was slightly more firm than I would prefer. Took a few steps on grass and immediately felt A LOT more comfortable. This isn't a "squishy" shoe by any means. Adding to that, the compound used on the sole felt very resistant. Initial impression is that it won't wear out as quickly as other spikeless designs.

No swings yet, but have a round planned for Wednesday and will wear these to try out. I believe it was c.a.eleric who asked about toe support. I'll be curious to see how these do, because they're on the minimalist end in that regard. I've gone to the range in soft trainers and have had slight discomfort on the right toes. I may have the same issue with these; can possibly get away with it for rounds but not heavy range sessions. That's one of the bigger items I want to circle back to. I'm cautiously excited; needed a lightweight, comfortable, breathable pair of golf shoes and these hit those boxes nicely.

Let me know if there's anything in particular you're curious about and I'll try my best to get back to you.

Great initial thoughts Obed. Curious how these feel once you’ve broken them in. Less stiff and firm but too loose and squishy. I will be following along closely

Great initial thoughts Obed. Curious how these feel once you’ve broken them in. Less stiff and firm but not too loose and squishy. I will be following along closely

That's what I'm hoping for - will try and have them somewhat broken in by the time your MC equipment order date arrives.

I have never purchased the newest models of golf shoes, usually getting them at least a year or two after they came out. After seeing the Puma Ignite NXTs on here and the Puma website, I’m about to end that streak. I’m heading over to PGATSS tomorrow to decide if I want the disc version or Solelace.

Love the looks; hate the lack of wide sizing....

Love the looks; hate the lack of wide sizing....
:angry:

Then again, maybe I won't be buying Puma Ignites after all. Guess I'll try them on and see.

I need to win the lottery. I want these but I bought 2 pairs of Puma cleats in the last year and my wife will murder me if I snag a third pair. Would like to see follow up reviews after they break in a bit. Both of my Puma cleats hurt my feet after walking the first round with them and then they were fine after that.

Back