We will have to play together first. Then he can see mine in action. That will convince him

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Man. I sold off my extra shafts with the idea of pulling the trigger on this thing. But, for some reason, I cannot get myself to pull the trigger. I am thinking long and hard on whether I want to just continue to use my rangefinder or not. So quick and easy. I don't play too many rounds away from home, so I am not sure if I would really get the full benefit of this device.

@canadan

@canadan

@canadan

During our round today, rangefinder was the quick and easy option. But, at my home course, I could play it without a rangefinder and be pretty dang close to knowing all my yardages.

The guy I play almost every round with has the same rangefinder that I do. So, chances of me having that luxury is probably 90%. Having the GPS in some situations would probably benefit us both.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thought about it at least ten times today on the course. Ugh.

Did you ever pull the trigger? Still on the fence right now. Saw one in use on Friday and I really liked the ability to quickly scope out all of the trouble on the hole. I just don't want to drop the $$$ and find out I prefer my laser.

In other words, I need someone else to take the plunge and reassure me that it is way better and a no brainer decision :)

Did you ever pull the trigger? Still on the fence right now. Saw one in use on Friday and I really liked the ability to quickly scope out all of the trouble on the hole. I just don't want to drop the $$$ and find out I prefer my laser.

In other words, I need someone else to take the plunge and reassure me that it is way better and a no brainer decision :)

haha nope, still not done.

I saw two courses this weekend where I would have loved to have the green view information, but like you, I love my rangefinder.

One of my playing partners recently had the Garmin Rangefinder/GPS combo that was pretty sweet.

haha nope, still not done.

I saw two courses this weekend where I would have loved to have the green view information, but like you, I love my rangefinder.

One of my playing partners recently had the Garmin Rangefinder/GPS combo that was pretty sweet.

I tell you what. There were a few times where my playing partner and I struggled to get a shot of the pin. We don't have reflectors on our pins so you have to have a pretty clean shot. He almost pulled a club to hit his ball to a tree behind the green without paying attention to where the yardage markers were. It got me thinking about it again. Probably not as crucial on my home course as I know it like the back of my hand now.

Question for the skycaddie users. The default hole layout has those arcs marked up to 250 yards. Is there a way to adjust them to go out further? For instance, if a guy wanted it out to 290 or 300, can it be done? Can't really find anything online anywhere on it.

Question for the skycaddie users. The default hole layout has those arcs marked up to 250 yards. Is there a way to adjust them to go out further? For instance, if a guy wanted it out to 290 or 300, can it be done? Can't really find anything online anywhere on it.

On my SGX, it kinda gives a shot in the dark tee shot distance to work with, so I just adjust from there.

On my SGX, it kinda gives a shot in the dark tee shot distance to work with, so I just adjust from there.
You can select a point on the hole though to get a distance right? So, if I were wondering if I could clear a hazard that was outside the default lines, I could just click the edge if the hazard to see how far away it is?

You can select a point on the hole though to get a distance right? So, if I were wondering if I could clear a hazard that was outside the default lines, I could just click the edge if the hazard to see how far away it is?

Scroll, click, yeah same thing. If the random yardage they give is like 242 leaves 119, and there’s a hazard in the fairway like a creek, I can scroll to it to see what’s it to the front of it and what to fly it. I’m sure if I clicked for more targets or whatever it’d do the same thing, but that’s one more step and it just seems easier to scroll away

Yes. You can drag & move the screen to where you want it. Say to the front on the fairway bunker on one arc at 200 yards & one of the other arcs says 215 to carry it

Yes. You can drag & move the screen to where you want it. Say to the front on the fairway bunker on one arc at 200 yards & one of the other arcs says 215 to carry it

Thanks! I have one sitting in my Budget Golf cart. Coupon code is applied. I have tried to click the purchase button 3 times today. Just struggling to pull the trigger.

Thanks! I have one sitting in my Budget Golf cart. Coupon code is applied. I have tried to click the purchase button 3 times today. Just struggling to pull the trigger.

I love mine if that helps :) Especially on courses that I'm unfamiliar with

They're doing a 50USD off Father's Day special...

What did you come from before this model?

I just had the Skycaddie watch that just showed me distances. Too many buttons to hit if I wanted other information such as yardages to hazards, bunkers, etc.

This is just right in front of you on a big easy to read screen.

I'll see if I can get some screen shots of it in action next time.

I love my sx500. I have had plenty golf GPS units. I have had the Garmin g8 approach, golf buddy wtx and pt4 and sky caddie wtx.

I grudged paying the fee for my old sky caddie, but the new sx500 is so easy to read, gives all the Information I need so will pay the fee no problem

Just do it.

Just do it.
Alright alright. You twisted my arm. Order placed. Sky golf wanted $20 for shipping. Plus, I wanted to support a forum sponsor so I ordered from budgetgolf.com

I'll just buy the subscription outright. It works out to be the same price all said and done.

15cbe9df589240c447323ceb66389af8.jpg

Back