Well, it made it as far as the UPS depot in town and stopped there. Was supposed to be delivered today in time for me to try it on Sunday. But, looks like it will be here on Monday. Kind of a bummer, but what can a guy do.

Wow @radiman, you're going to make me do it, aren't you.

In the words of the guy that twisted my arm into pulling the trigger. "just do it."

Wow you absolutely went there didn't you.

WOW.
Just wow.

I think you already have your mind made up.

I thought of it this way. If I wanted to get a new rangefinder with GPS built in, then I would have the best of both worlds. But, I already have a perfectly good rangefinder. So, why not get a full featured GPS with some bells and whistles? If I ever have an issue or want to see exactly where a pin is, my bag is big enough and has a nice rangefinder pocket to make it really easy to pull it out and get a distance. Otherwise, I will buy a clip for my push cart to attach the GPS to.

Hey @jman, should I do it?

Yes.

You should get in your DeLorean, kick up the flux capacitor, go back, and have done it a long time ago!

Go time.

9333eb33e88f208450c923d231505174.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Aaaaaaand, if this helps @Canadan. It came with a card redeemable for a 1 year membership.

Bought from Budget Golf. They told me it wouldn't. So, this is a nice surprise.

906e993aca97a3cb4b840c4a5f804b8a.jpg

Well that’s a nice surprise. Curious though if it’s any year membership or whatever you want?

Well that’s a nice surprise. Curious though if it’s any year membership or whatever you want?

I believe it is the Double Eagle plan which would be their worldwide. I am putting it through it's first sync. I will know more once it's done and reflected on my account.

And, it just finished. It is the Double Eagle 1 year.

I believe it is the Double Eagle plan which would be their worldwide. I am putting it through it's first sync. I will know more once it's done and reflected on my account.

And, it just finished. It is the Double Eagle 1 year.

Nice incentive. When I renewed my subscription last year, it was cheaper to do the buy two get one free double eagle then it was the eagle for 2 years.

I suppose they’d just roll everything into one same thing, but the budget golf route doesn’t let you do the trade in for another 50 off. Small loss, but 60 > 50

Nice incentive. When I renewed my subscription last year, it was cheaper to do the buy two get one free double eagle then it was the eagle for 2 years.

I suppose they’d just roll everything into one same thing, but the budget golf route doesn’t let you do the trade in for another 50 off. Small loss, but 60 > 50

In my case, I didn't have another device to trade in. Keeping my laser just in case I really want to drill down to a flag or a target.

Has anyone found a good push cart mount for something like this? I found a nice Clic Gear branded one, but use a Sun Mountain Speedcart. Wonder if it would fit.

Aaaaaaand, if this helps @Canadan. It came with a card redeemable for a 1 year membership.

Bought from Budget Golf. They told me it wouldn't. So, this is a nice surprise.

906e993aca97a3cb4b840c4a5f804b8a.jpg

Oh wow, that might put it over the top for me.

I've always preferred the stand alone hand held GPS devices like this as opposed to using phone apps. Due to having size and dedicated to doing one thing they are able to add the latest technology to get the best accuracy.

I've always preferred the stand alone hand held GPS devices like this as opposed to using phone apps. Due to having size and dedicated to doing one thing they are able to add the latest technology to get the best accuracy.
The display on this unit is pretty impressive. I've tried using my cell phone in the past. But, the apps have never offered the features the sky caddie does. On top of that, it would absolutely eat up the battery.

The display on this unit is pretty impressive. I've tried using my cell phone in the past. But, the apps have never offered the features the sky caddie does. On top of that, it would absolutely eat up the battery.

Important question. I believe it was the SGXw told you exactly where the pin was on a green. Does this new one do the same, or do they mention that anywhere?

Important question. I believe it was the SGXw told you exactly where the pin was on a green. Does this new one do the same, or do they mention that anywhere?

From what I understand, there are some courses that can and will upload pin placement for the day. But, it is dependent on the course and you would have to sync after that info was uploaded. Otherwise, like other SkyCaddie's, you are able to move the marker on the green on the device giving you a rough idea on yardage to the pin.

From what I understand, there are some courses that can and will upload pin placement for the day. But, it is dependent on the course and you would have to sync after that info was uploaded. Otherwise, like other SkyCaddie's, you are able to move the marker on the green on the device giving you a rough idea on yardage to the pin.

Back from when I used a Sky Caddie, the nice thing I recall about that too is that you get front and back yardages on that line instead of a generic front or back like you do with units where you can't move the flag.

Back