Pros Withdrawing Due to Poor Play/Weather

He actually called a guy out. I see zero issues with him putting it on twitter. If anything, hopefully this brings the issue forward. Rory has done it in the past, along with others, unless legit reasoning, there is no need for it.

If that's the case, dont commit to show up in the first place.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Have you never called into work, just because you weren't feeling? This is no different.

Also be a man, if you want to call him out, then go up to him next week and call him, don't be a Twitter tough guy.

He just did it because Reed is a easy target because nobody cares for him. Never in a million years would he post about Tiger on his Twitter after one of his many W/Ds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you never called into work, just because you weren't feeling? This is no different.

Also be a man, if you want to call him out, then go up to him next week and call him, don't be a Twitter tough guy.

You realize they play on the same tour at the same events and will very likely cross paths soon? Twitter tough guys hide in basements and never show their face. TOTALLY different.

He just did it because Reed is a easy target because nobody cares for him. Never in a million years would he post about Tiger on his Twitter after one of his many W/Ds

Where did you get this statistic from?

I am not familiar with how 12 year old girls use twitter, but it's clear your emotions towards twitter and DeLaet's skill level far outweigh professionals finishing the events they start.

I really have no emotions towards the issue. I don't really follow either golfer, and I definitely don't lose sleep over a couple over payed athletes bickering over Twitter.

In my opinion just to drop out is a pretty crappy thing to do but it doesn't really bother me.

You realize they play on the same tour at the same events and will very likely cross paths soon? Twitter tough guys hide in basements and never show their face. TOTALLY different.

Where did you get this statistic from?

Then I hope next week I hear how DeLaet and Reeds had unfriendly words on the range. But it won't happen.

And what statistic? Tiger's W/Ds or people not liking Reed?

Seems like you are more "emotional" about the topic than me...

They are adults, they get to make their own decisions, and I'm sure they really don't care what you or I, or anyone else tweeting about it for that matter, thinks. He will go on making his millions for years to come, not losing any sleep.

I am not a fan of it, especially the higher ranked, higher profile guys....people pay good money to see these guys play...unless they have an injury they should honor their commitments.

I guess I don't really see the big deal. Weather was somewhere between brutal and dangerous (Arizona got hit by the same weather system and winds gusts were well beyond gale force last night), playing or not playing Sunday/Monday wouldn't change his paycheck much, and to my understanding his name is mud around the tour anyway, so what incentive does he really have to stick around? Would it improve his reputation? Good job sticking it out, taking your last place, and moving on?

All this is assuming he wasn't legitimately hurt, of course. This strikes me more as Graham fishing for compliments as a tough guy by picking on an easy target. I can't imagine playing golf under the circumstances, and I hope it doesn't turn into a precedent when similar weather happens next time. A 54 hole finish would have been more prudent, IMO.

These guys, I think, are independent contractors. If so, they can play or not play. The only people they are hurting are the people that pay them to play (sponsors), fans who pay for tickets to watch an their own paycheck. It is an image thing. If callaway was to cut his check for not playing, might make a difference. And he truly might have an injury. I could not care less.

I say let them do what they want. I have no problem with it. I know a lot of people will hate them for it and they lose their check and if they are ok with that then I'm fine with it. I think this is also different than team sports because the only one relying on you is you.

As others have mentioned, the people that get "hurt" are the fans and sponsors since they have monetary involvement in a player's decision to WD.

That said, this type of thing happens in other sports as well and if there isn't a policy, penalty, or fine that holds people accountable then it is totally the player's option to do whatever he wants. Like him or not, who are we to question whether Reed was hurt or not? Prove he didn't have an injury.

I have no issue with it. It happens all the time and those guys don't get called out. Reed is no different, he is a contractor and dint want to deal or at least that is what is being said. As humans we aren't perfect and we will make mistakes. As long as your willing to live with the back lash then it's your world.

Fwiw, the tournament days were over. Sponsors and fans got their fill of PR.

Not a good example to set.. but points for honesty. At least they didnt have a phantom injury (Rory tooth?) or Tiger? If it were someone way down on the money list no one would care.. It is their money they are giving up but when you think of venturi in the us open and ben hogan.. and tiger with his injury... all playing in intense pain.. thats why they were great.

I don't understand DeLaet's tweet at all. If he's going to call someone out over nothing, he should try being less cryptic.

Who cares, players WD for no reason very often.

Is this the first player to WD for awful weather? I doubt it. Just a reason for people to hate on Reed.

Reed is a quitter Delaet is a complainer. Both of them are silly babies. But I could care less and so should you. Sports fans are frickin cry babies when it comes to these minor first world problems. Look at the whole cam newton thingy, really? People complaining about some guy dancing in the end zone at a football game lol. It's football!! It's not church losers good grief

Reed is a quitter Delaet is a complainer. Both of them are silly babies. But I could care less and so should you. Sports fans are frickin cry babies when it comes to these minor first world problems. Look at the whole cam newton thingy, really? People complaining about some guy dancing in the end zone at a football game lol. It's football!! It's not church losers good grief
So you do care?

Don't like Reed anyways so this doesn't help. Suck it up and play unless the reason is legit.

Yep. Reed has made a reputation of being a self absorbed jerk throughout his amateur and pro careers. Nothing he does will surprise me.

I don't understand DeLaet's tweet at all. If he's going to call someone out over nothing, he should try being less cryptic.

Who cares, players WD for no reason very often.

Is this the first player to WD for awful weather? I doubt it. Just a reason for people to hate on Reed.

Agree what has Reed done since being on tour that has made him a jerk, just an article that some journalist put out, how trumped up is it, trust me there are many many jerks on tour, I am not a Reed apologist just that most golfers are single minded and arrogant, people love Tiger and Phil, a couple of the biggest jerks ever.

He should of still been a man and played.

Agree what has Reed done since being on tour that has made him a jerk, just an article that some journalist put out, how trumped up is it, trust me there are many many jerks on tour, I am not a Reed apologist just that most golfers are single minded and arrogant, people love Tiger and Phil, a couple of the biggest jerks ever.

He should of still been a man and played.
Honest question, what has Phil ever done to be considered one of "the biggest jerks ever?"

I can honestly say I've never heard him called a jerk and I lived next door to his sister in law for a few years

For Phil, it's more of what the perception is behind the scenes... While all speculation, go do a google search on Phils extra curricular activities and some of the speculations against him

For Phil, it's more of what the perception is behind the scenes... While all speculation, go do a google search on Phils extra curricular activities and some of the speculations against him

I've read/heard all that.

To compare him to Tiger in that respect seems like a stretch IMO. The guy is known for staying and signing autographs for hours after his round. He seems to be a great guy to play with/against. How many times have we seen him clap or give thumbs up after a guy hits a good shot?

I'm not a Phil lover by any means but comparing him to Reed or Tiger is unfair to all parties. I can think of far bigger jerks than Phil

To compare him to Tiger in that respect seems like a stretch IMO. The guy is known for staying and signing autographs for hours after his round. He seems to be a great guy to play with/against. How many times have we seen him clap or give thumbs up after a guy hits a good shot?

I'm not a Phil lover by any means but comparing him to Reed or Tiger is unfair to all parties. I can think of far bigger jerks than Phil

I will agree with you on this.... Just feel there is a bit of fake in him, that's all

Honest question, what has Phil ever done to be considered one of "the biggest jerks ever?"

I can honestly say I've never heard him called a jerk and I lived next door to his sister in law for a few years

I like Phil, but many of my friends say that he is, just his arrogance I guess,

agree with most, who is known for staying, and giving thumbs up or a clap , Tiger or Reed, IMO Reed does more, Everybody is a hindrance to Tiger

Looks like Graham DeLaet decided Patty Reed deserved a slap on the wrist for bailing on the final round of the Farmers..

Reed had withdrawn from the event after carding an 81 on Saturday. What do you guys think? Deserved twitter spanking? Poor form? "SHHHHH" memes? How do you feel about players bailing on tourneys after three rounds because they are out of contention?

While I do not care for quitters, I will say I don't really have a problem with it as the only person that it hurts is himself. The only thing it really hurts is his pay.

Back