DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're looking down on Pawleys Island, close enough to MB, but far enough away to not have deal with MB

And closer to the Fish House...My favorite local restaurant in that area...Place looks like a dump from the outside but the seafood if fresh and cooked perfect.....

I need to head down soon!!!!!

We're looking down on Pawleys Island, close enough to MB, but far enough away to not have deal with MB

I would consider that area too. I like the pinehurst area as well.

I used to think I would like to retire to one of those areas but I'm starting to think I'd like to play golf where there isn't a million tourists and rounds take 5-6 hours everyday. Just can't make up my mind!!

And closer to the Fish House...My favorite local restaurant in that area...Place looks like a dump from the outside but the seafood if fresh and cooked perfect.....

I need to head down soon!!!!!

Went there this past summer - was packed, but worth the wait!

Yea, that's the actual area we are looking at - Murrells Inlet - Pawleys Island area. Spanish moss on the trees ftw!

Yea, that's the actual area we are looking at - Murrells Inlet - Pawleys Island area. Spanish moss on the trees ftw!

Great area....We used to golf up North a bit...about 5 years ago we moved our trip South to the Murrells Inlet area.....No going back....Great courses and great restaurants all in one area. We stay right at Wachesaw East. the condos there are great!!! We go every October.

Great area....We used to golf up North a bit...about 5 years ago we moved our trip South to the Murrells Inlet area.....No going back....Great courses and great restaurants all in one area. We stay right at Wachesaw East. the condos there are great!!! We go every October.

We were looking at condos / houses the other day, and some were available on Wachesaw - very reasonable too. Our ponder mode is definitely engaged!

We were looking at condos / houses the other day, and some were available on Wachesaw - very reasonable too. Our ponder mode is definitely engaged!

Hey think you will love it there...I'm pretty sure all the one's for sale are behind the gate...All the condos out front are time shares or weekly rentals.....Wachesaw is a great course. The LPGA used to play a tournament there.

Good luck with your purchase...

Can anyone suggest a simulator in the area that can be rented for a few hours (and hopefully has a good LM and software to play)?

I can only find the Needwood course that has one and I'll use it if no one else has any suggestions. Id drive anywhere up to about 2 hours from DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone suggest a simulator in the area that can be rented for a few hours (and hopefully has a good LM and software to play)?

I can only find the Needwood course that has one and I'll use it if no one else has any suggestions. Id drive anywhere up to about 2 hours from DC.

Getting stir crazy?

Getting stir crazy?

Not really, actually traveling a ton for work. But I haven't been able to take a full swing in weeks now and I was just starting to lock in some positive swing changes. I don't want them to completely atrophy. I figure a simulator is better than nothing.

Not really, actually traveling a ton for work. But I haven't been able to take a full swing in weeks now and I was just starting to lock in some positive swing changes. I don't want them to completely atrophy. I figure a simulator is better than nothing.

I try to hit Golfsmith once a week for that reason. It's not perfect but it's good for getting a few swings in.

I'd be up for some sim golf too if I could find some time somewhere.

Getting stir crazy?

If he isn't I am. I' m not sure how far I would actually drive but make a suggestion and we'll see. Winter sucks!

If he isn't I am. I' m not sure how far I would actually drive but make a suggestion and we'll see. Winter sucks!

I'll quote my father: "Spring's just around the corner."

I know Beaver Creek Country Club near Hagerstown has one but it's probably over an hour from DC depending on where you live. Not sure what they have but my cousin is a member there and says it's pretty accurate.

Just spent 2 hours at golf Smith instead of top golf. Really no one in there so I just keep hitting clubs, felt like all of them. Guys there did not mind either.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Just spent 2 hours at golf Smith instead of top golf. Really no one in there so I just keep hitting clubs, felt like all of them. Guys there did not mind either.

Yeah they're pretty laid back in there. Did you find the demo irons?

Yeah they're pretty laid back in there. Did you find the demo irons?

Yes hit Ap1 and 2, Apex, C200, F5, and then played around with some blades

Yes hit Ap1 and 2, Apex, C200, F5, and then played around with some blades

The Wilson irons always get some of my attention. How was your takeaway?

The Wilson irons always get some of my attention. How was your takeaway?

I liked them. The C200 was beyond easy to hit and got up high. The F5 was smooth but I had to make real solid contact to get the distance I was getting from the C200. Most distance I got was from the apex and the Ap1. I really just used the time to work on what Freddie told me about trying to get my hands out of my takeaway and get my shoulders starting it.

I liked them. The C200 was beyond easy to hit and got up high. The F5 was smooth but I had to make real solid contact to get the distance I was getting from the C200. Most distance I got was from the apex and the Ap1. I really just used the time to work on what Freddie told me about trying to get my hands out of my takeaway and get my shoulders starting it.

Pretty easy to kill two hours in there. Good job working on Freddie's tips. Sounds like you'll be a force once you get that squared away.

Pretty easy to kill two hours in there. Good job working on Freddie's tips. Sounds like you'll be a force once you get that squared away.

I hope so.

Garth Brooks was freaking great. But the damn snow will melt before I can ever get out of this city. With another show still to go tonight it is a mad house in Baltimore

Ha, love it.

Gotta be honest, I didn't hate playing in short sleeves on Friday afternoon :banana:

It's amazing this area is sadly lacking in these. I mean, heck I passed two places in Orlando that were specially built for indoor simulator golf. I know from talking to ranges and course owners around here, they feel it's not financially realistic for what they feel will be a two to three month window of business. But I think they are horribly short sighted. I think there would be a call for these inthe spring and summer months as well. Obviously not the volume as during winter, but I know I tried to book the Needwood one a couple times last summer and it always seemed busy.

Gotta be honest, I didn't hate playing in short sleeves on Friday afternoon :banana:

It's amazing this area is sadly lacking in these. I mean, heck I passed two places in Orlando that were specially built for indoor simulator golf. I know from talking to ranges and course owners around here, they feel it's not financially realistic for what they feel will be a two to three month window of business. But I think they are horribly short sighted. I think there would be a call for these inthe spring and summer months as well. Obviously not the volume as during winter, but I know I tried to book the Needwood one a couple times last summer and it always seemed busy.

I think there would be in the spring and fall months with the days still being fairly short. If they kept the sims open past dark they would get some play I would think.

It is a pretty substantial outlay though, especially if you don't already have indoor space available. Using the sims for lessons would help offset costs some as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back