What is the difference(s) between W/S C & D irons?

Mach2

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.7
Curious as to the differences between the Wilson Staff C & D iron designs.

C are going to be smaller profile, less offset, lower launch (though still learning GI) - "crossover". D are maximum GI, distance-focused.

Short answer full of info, thanks.

C are going to be smaller profile, less offset, lower launch (though still learning GI) - "crossover". D are maximum GI, distance-focused.

Pretty much it from my limited understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious as to the differences between the Wilson Staff C & D iron designs.

Thought "C" stood for "Control" and "D" stands for "Distance"
C irons are going to be more Workable less Distance help
D irons emphasis Distance and less on Workability

Short answer full of info, thanks.
I saw you just sold your Hogan Edge irons on the classified section a couple days ago. The Edge is almost identical to the Wilson C300 Forged. They felt exactly the same and performed the same when I tested both of them!

Thought "C" stood for "Control" and "D" stands for "Distance"
C irons are going to be more Workable less Distance help
D irons emphasis Distance and less on Workability

I think it was changed to “crossover” on one of the recent releases.

Yeah, the "C" was changed from "control" to "crossover."

I'm looking at the W/S D7iron thread, JB's. This year, my 74th on this earth, all my distances have dropped at least 1 club & 2 with the long irons. Playing Cleveland Launcher CBX irons and will swing the D7 irons s when they are available at the local PGASS.

Yes sir. Why did you get rid of the Edges?

Basically what the second poster said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got a copy of the 2018 Wilson Product guide. Here’s how they outline it.

Attachments

• D81C1113-1B4A-4107-894A-8C7257AF7E36.jpeg
    D81C1113-1B4A-4107-894A-8C7257AF7E36.jpeg
    879.8 KB · Views: 0
Yes sir. Why did you get rid of the Edges?
They didn't perform better than the Cleveland Launcher CBX irons, and I think it was the graphite shafts. They felt too stiff even though they were senior flex.

They didn't perform better than the Cleveland Launcher CBX irons, and I think it was the graphite shafts. They felt too stiff even though they were senior flex.

i was under the impression from what i have been reading that the cleveland's are the cats meow. and i hope at 74 i am still walking the earth and thinking about my golf game.

i was under the impression from what i have been reading that the cleveland's are the cats meow. and i hope at 74 i am still walking the earth and thinking about my golf game.

The only other iron that matched the CG CBX peak height when I tested was the TM M CGB

If you've been following my multi buys of sets of irons, you'll notice I keep returning to the Cleveland Launcher CBX irons. They are a great iron and the Miyazaki C Kua 6A senior flex graphite shafts fit my swing better than any shaft I've played in a number of years. I'll keep buying sets of irons till I finally realize there's nothing better for my game than the Clevelands, or I run out of money.

I've got a used set of Srixon Z 565 irons with regular flex Miyazaki 5433 graphite shafts being delivered today or tomorrow via FedEx. We'll see how I like those, heard & read lots of good poop on these irons.

Being 74 and single digit cap is awesome, kudos to you! I was out in your neighborhood the week after Thanksgiving staying at the Hampton on Saint Rose for work. It was a nice break from the midwest, but a bit colder than I thought it would be.

Dave

Back