finally getting on the course again

JayB

Reaction score
Handicap
People who take off long periods of time from the game confuse me. My season got shut down in late September and the few opportunities I have had were wash outs. I am lined up to play this Sunday in acceptable winter conditions (40 degrees, partly overcast). This will be my first round in 11 weeks. I'm expecting my game to be a dumpster fire, but I am so pumped to get out and play a little. The golf junkie itch is strong with me.

I played Sunday, nine holes only and it was just fabulous!!! I hate winter.
Have a blast.

People who take off long periods of time from the game confuse me. My season got shut down in late September and the few opportunities I have had were wash outs. I am lined up to play this Sunday in acceptable winter conditions (40 degrees, partly overcast). This will be my first round in 11 weeks. I'm expecting my game to be a dumpster fire, but I am so pumped to get out and play a little. The golf junkie itch is strong with me.

People who Play golf when it's Snowing confuse me also. I love golf and my Motorcycle but I don't do either when it's F'in cold (under 50) outside. Golf is hard enough when it's nice out. I might play golf at 45 degrees but if I have to wear mittens I am out!

Last edited:
Too cold for me but have fun!

People who Play golf when it's Snowing confuse me also. I love golf and my Motorcycle but I don't do either when it's F'in cold (under 50) outside. Golf is hard enough when it's nice out. I might play golf at 45 degrees but if I have to wear mittens I am out!

I love cold clear days, so i have no problem golfing in that weather. Now if you add any precipitation, im putting the clubs away and grabbing skis....

I have a big 8'D x12'w X10' hitting net. So when I get the itch I go out back and hit balls. When we get snow I go out and shovel the hitting mat and area within the net. Other than that I won't probably play a round of golf until Feb in our area unless we get warmer weather and I have time to go.

When Jack Nicklaus was a youngster he would spend winters hitting the Sciota CC member shag bag balls from a hut into the snow, and then once the snow melted he would do the best he could to return the members balls into their respective shag bags.

Sounds like a great opportunity to just get out and have pure fun!

My last three rounds have been played in blustery 40f. Weather. I love it, the course is empty so the rounds are fast and I move to the foreword tee to compensate for the lost distance from cold balls and extra clothing. If it turns into a dumpster fire throw the score card away and try experimenting with multiple shots. Good luck.

Have fun and enjoy the relatively warm day.

Have fun! Hoping to duck out of work early tomorrow and play. Its supposed to be 50

I've been playing in the 40's and low 50's the last couple of weeks, but have to hold off this week due to snow. Back at it next week when it melts off. Love to play in the cold, get 20-30 yds more roll off solid turf.

I think I most enjoy that the course isn't crowded. winter rounds are exceptionally quick and I love having a big thermos of coffee to nip on while playing.

I played 17 holes two weeks ago (one green still had snow on it) and am hoping to get 18 in later today and/or tomorrow. 40-45 degrees, perfect golf weather!

... I really need a home simulator.

Back