Keegan Bradley Penalized For 15 Clubs

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Depending on the tournament Keegan uses either a hybrid or a larger soled 3 iron. For this round, he and his caddy forgot to take one of them out.

“I don’t know what we missed to not catch that”, was Bradley's comment post round.

Steve Hale took the blame, saying, “That’s on me.”

“He’s a great caddie. We all make mistakes.”, Keegan went on to say.

I actually wonder what Bubba Watson would have said if this had taken place...haha

PGA Tour.com broke the story yesterday.

Always the caddies fault.

Man thats a bummer

Always the caddies fault.

Yep ... that's part of the his job. Count the clubs before they leave the range for the last time & once more on the first tee before they tee off for the day.

He had a great round yesterday too. Sux for Keegan and it's probably the caddie's fault more than his but a player should know what's in his bag before he tees off.

if that was bubba he was have laid into his caddie for all too see.

I guess I'm on the other side. I don't depend on others to do what I can do. They both missed it and I don't blame the caddie. Each player should know exactly what is in his or her bag. The caddie should be aware as well but to just blame him, falls short for me. Good on him to step up for his man but he almost had to because of the unwritten rule. Anyway, sucks it happens to a guy like Keegan.

Too bad. I think it is on both of them.

On the caddie. Its his job.

That must suck for the caddie. Understand everyone makes mistakes, but that's a big one. Ouch!

Suck la for Keegan, I'm sure Bubba would have thrown a tantrum like the mental toddler he is.

That's too bad, but I have to agree that it's on the caddie this time around. His job to make sure the bag is all set before they get to the first tee. It's just a minor mental slipup in the grand scheme of things, but it's on him.

This one is definitely on the caddy...but looks like both of them handled it well. Would definitely not be the case in many other instances....

Its both of their fault, Im guessing they discuss this on a regular basis depending on the day. I also think that if he didnt use all 15 clubs then nothing should be done.

More on the caddie here, however if it's a club in his bag that he alternates in and out, it's not out of the question for KB to say "hey we are going with the 3 iron instead of the hybrid." Maybe he did say that and it just got missed. But it's a silly penalty to have to take because it's so easy to count to 14.

What's the penalty for Keegan? Is it Dq?

Woopsie, but at least he didn't Bubba it. Although that would of been pure gold had it been Bubba. He would of made Woosie look like monk with his theatrics.

It's on the both of them IMO, the player is ultimately responsible but the caddy should always count the clubs before putting a ball in play on the first tee, just ask Wee Woosies caddy.

Bubba would of started twitching and had that scary look in his eye.

This isn't Keegan's fault whatsoever. Ya think he is lugging that staff bag around ? HA!! If you've ever been to a pga tour event (I've been too many), you quickly find out how little interaction there is between the player and his bag. Once on the range he may go into it once or twice, same with on the course. However, if I'm paying a guy 10% (or more) to carry my bag, give me some reads, discuss some shots, and MAINTAIN the cleanliness and integrity of the contents of my bag.....then He sure as hell shouldn't have to worry about having too many clubs nor too few....or the wrong ones for the round at hand.

I think Keegan is a pretty solid guy for sticking up for his looper. I also think he should have the wherewithal to count his clubs before teeing off....but c'mon. It's definitely his caddies fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golfer and his caddie are a team. Both should share the blame and it's nice to see them handling it that way.

Caddies vault. At least Keegan was able to continue to play a decent round.

Bubba probably would've melted down. Looks like they handled it well and moved on.

KB is taking some of the blame in front of the press, we don't know what's going on in the background... For me, this is one of the caddies jobs, I can't imagine many pros look in their bag at what clubs are there before they tee off.

Back