2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

weigh in this morning, 186.2. That means 2 things to me. Either I hit 185 or less last week and gained(no big deal), or I maintained throughout the week as I was 186 when I left Sunday morning. Either way, I'm taking it as a win because the diet was non existent last week.

Weight loss isn't linear, on this 70+ pound journey I have seen 5-6 pounds one week then gain a pound then lose 2 then lose 0.5 etc.. Tracking averages is what matters. As long as you are expending more calories than you are taking in, you are losing weight. The scale is important, but inches and the way your clothes fit matter just as much. Keep on keeping on everyone, you will get there!

Weight loss isn't linear, on this 70+ pound journey I have seen 5-6 pounds one week then gain a pound then lose 2 then lose 0.5 etc.. Tracking averages is what matters. As long as you are expending more calories than you are taking in, you are losing weight. The scale is important, but inches and the way your clothes fit matter just as much. Keep on keeping on everyone, you will get there!

So true. I was looking at some stuff today with my progress. I have been fluctuating on the scale within a 1lb range for the last two weeks but when I checked body fat monitor and I have dropped almost 2.5% body fat and I'm down about 1" on the waist.

so what do we think, improvement?

8cc072ad497e0de8a894dfbda30bcc1b.jpg

34226b9d527668a61e678a501a1deb7e.jpg

0d00a9f0e4b7513aa1c47c453c77b26a.jpg

f7d35a5366bf8d2d6f776c3121b261af.jpg

Absolutely dude. What is the difference poundage wise between those two?

DDEC doing work, looks good brother

Absolutely dude. What is the difference poundage wise between those two?

around 20. Still more to go, but I feel a hell of a lot better after looking at last years pics today and comparing them.

around 20. Still more to go, but I feel a hell of a lot better after looking at last years pics today and comparing them.

Absolutely dude. I am noticing more and more with each pound I lose.

I saw this awesome analogy the other day. Consider your weight (especially if you have a lot to lose) as a roll of paper towels. Your first 5-10 pounds, like 5-10 sheets, doesn't make a huge difference on your outward appearance, but as you get closer and closer to the goal weight (the end of the paper towel roll) each sheet/pound looks a heck of a lot bigger. Now that I am about 20 pounds away from my ultimate goal this is making a ton of sense to me

Slim shady

just wait until I have my speedo body ready for Club Clash. #BananaHammockAtHammockBeach #SoWrong
Ruh roh

just wait until I have my speedo body ready for Club Clash. #BananaHammockAtHammockBeach #SoWrong

Please no.

c5959a8f407bf1869d6c8fad3e311e42.jpg

Hmmm maybe just the peel hahaha

Lots of awesome losses going on.

As for me, I'm down 1 lb. better than a gain, for sure. But down only 3 lbs since the start.

Not sure what the issue is with not being able to drop more than 1-2 lbs in a week.

Eating clean, and taking in appropriate calories. Working out a ton as well with a lot of cardio. According to what I am doing, pounds should be dropping but they just aren't.

1-2 lbs a week is normal and healthy unless you are hugely over weight. It's hard to stay healthy and get the nutrients you need and lose massive amounts week in answer week out. 2 lbs a week is almost 100 lbs in a year.

You can see it in your face. Its way skinnier.

1-2 lbs a week is normal and healthy unless you are hugely over weight. It's hard to stay healthy and get the nutrients you need and lose massive amounts week in answer week out. 2 lbs a week is almost 100 lbs in a year.
I know, dude, I know. Just last time I went on a big diet, I was dropping 5-6 lbs in a week. Granted I was 60 lbs heavier

I know, dude, I know. Just last time I went on a big diet, I was dropping 5-6 lbs in a week. Granted I was 60 lbs heavier

Like I said. The heavier you are, the bigger the losses can be for obvious reasons. It's a percentage thing. You'll get to your goal. Patience grasshopper. Just remember, it probably took a while to get overweight. It works both ways.

Tonight we are making Chicken Bacon Apple burgers.
Each burger is one boneless skinless chicken breast
1 slice of bacon
1/4 apple
Sage, Salt and Pepper

Put bacon, chicken and apple into grinder (Kitchenaid attachment for us, but any food processor will work)
Grind it to make ground mixture.
Add salt, pepper and sage and mix thoroughly.

Form into 6 oz patties and cook (all the way through obviously)

Never tried them before and hoping they are good.
Im not sure I will ever buy ground meat again. So easy to do your own and control what goes in it.

That sounds kind of interesting and possibly pretty good

Sounds fantastic JB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonight we are making Chicken Bacon Apple burgers.
Each burger is one boneless skinless chicken breast
1 slice of bacon
1/4 apple
Sage, Salt and Pepper

Put bacon, chicken and apple into grinder (Kitchenaid attachment for us, but any food processor will work)
Grind it to make ground mixture.
Add salt, pepper and sage and mix thoroughly.

Form into 6 oz patties and cook (all the way through obviously)

Never tried them before and hoping they are good.
Im not sure I will ever buy ground meat again. So easy to do your own and control what goes in it.

I'm curious how these taste. Let us know

I'm curious how these taste. Let us know

I sure will. They are somewhere between 9-11 points depending on a few things.
Im literally shocked at how long it took me to start grinding our own meat.
Grabbed a sirloin to do as well that is super lean and will add some fat to it for meatballs.
Then no pasta, but some cheese and it will be delicious.

Back