The Best Sandwich

Wreck on wheat from Potbelly. Everything on it. Wash it down with a cold IBC creme soda.
That's my go to sandwich. Although I like it a lot I'm not sure it reaches the level of best.

They have - limited, smaller location sites but they are up and running.
I need a monte cristo for my mouth hole then!

Almost none of the places listed in here are in Utah and we are chain restaurant central.

My vote is the brisket at Firehouse.

Philly Cheese steak or Ruben from Penn Station East Coast Subs... Best bread makes the sandwich

The Italian at Earl of Sandwich.

Charleys Philly Cheese Steak is a VERY solid chain sandwich that I've had an number of times.

Buffalo Chicken from Dibella's for me. It's a bit regional, but I have yet to find a better Buffalo Chicken setup.

The Original from Schlotzskys, oh how I crave it!

I'd say a big beef sandwich from Portillos.... Although they're only in California, Arizona, Illinois, Indiana and Florida I believe.

20130826-263916-giardiniera-sandwiches-johnnies-italian-beef.jpg

I love a good cheeseburger w/swiss from Longhorn, when cooked properly.

Mcallisters Muffalata. It's not the best muffalata out there but pretty dang good for being available at a chain restaurant.

This is good, but if you haven't had the Muffalata at Murphy's Deli it has a much better olive spread. I think they are Texas based only though.

And a couple of my favorites is the pizza which at Which Wich

BmYBUucCAAAxXsR.png

...and the Smokehouse Beef & Cheddar Brisket at Firehouse Subs.

smokehouse-beef-n-cheddar-brisket-crop.png

Monte Cristo @ Bennigan's

/thread

image-1.jpg

I'd say a big beef sandwich from Portillos.... Although they're only in California, Arizona, Illinois, Indiana and Florida I believe.

I had one in Chicago on my way cross country. Ridiculously good!

Yum. I love Giardiana Peppers. I was eating some out of the jar two nights ago and my wife looks at me and says "WTF are you eating?" So good.

I'll go with the burnt ends ti-tip sandwich from Famous Dave's. Their 13 different BBQ sauces can change up the sandwich to almost anyone's taste.

Jersey Mike's is new to N. California so I'll have to go try one of their Cheese Steaks.

The cajun chicken and man-handler aren't bad either. Our local one opened up the summer before my freshman year of college, I worked their through college and the food quality is VERY good for a chain.

Monte Cristo @ Bennigan's

/thread

image-1.jpg

That thing is delicious, but should come with a side of tums. I always got major heartburn eating them.

That thing is delicious, but should come with a side of tums. I always got major heartburn eating them.

No doubt, it's definitely a beast!

I heard one of the top guys from Bennigan's is trying to open it back up.

I have no dog in this fight. We have a brisket grilled cheese here in town that can't be beat.

Maybe the Cuban from Hooters?

Man if you think that is good, you need to come down and visit JB or I and see what a Cuban is all about.

Another vote for Firehouse, but I like the Hook and Ladder. Beef and Cheddar Brisket is solid too.

JM

That's probably my answer as well, not because it's amazing, I just can't think of anything significantly better at a chain.

Ours is coming along quickly at this point, I'm hoping it's open in the next couple months.

Something from Penn Station that's for sure. Probably either the club or the reuben.

Buffalo Chicken from Dibella's for me. It's a bit regional, but I have yet to find a better Buffalo Chicken setup.

That's interesting, I could name a bunch of places with great buffalo chicken sandwiches/wraps from our area. I have never tried Rubino's version but I will check it out.

Italian Big One at Larry's Giant Subs. They are a chain (Georgia, Florida, Alabama), but a regional one not nationally just yet.

Well I hope you enjoy it as much as we do up here! I will also say that their burgers are HIGHLY underrated IMO.
Chopped salad is also fantastic. I think I just figured out what my lunch will be.....

Ours is coming along quickly at this point, I'm hoping it's open in the next couple months.

Back