2019 New Year's Resolutions Thread (Non-Golf)

c0ncept

SFT
Reaction score
Handicap
Life
2018 has been an interesting year for me and as we get closer to it being over I have been thinking a lot about the things that I want to do differently next year. Setting these goals is pretty outside my comfort zone but I really am determined to get on a better path in life. I have just been going through the motions recently and that is never a good way to do things.

1. Get in the gym starting at least twice a week.
2. Get a new prescription and actually wear glasses all the time.
3. Pay off all of my debt in 12 months.
4. Date night with the wife once a month.
5. Donate clothes that don't fit anymore.
6. Replace everything in my kitchen. Pots/pans, dishes, cutlery, etc.

Do you have any goals you have thought about yet? Anything in particular that is a must do?

I figure this thread could serve as a reminder for anyone who wants to get things done as well as a great place to update things that get checked off the list.

I am still successful with my NY Resolution from 20 years ago. It was to never make NY resolutions.

Live healthier and happier.

Spend more time with family and friends.

Remodel living room and Bath room in the house

Get my garage clean

Contribute more to my 401k’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pace myself better to avoid nagging injuries. Not as young as I used to be...

I haven't made any resolutions since 2016. I decided I needed/wanted to read more and since Jan 1, 2016 I've read 158 books.

This year I plan to add another resolution. I build websites/applications for a living. I want to launch at least 2 new side projects in 2019. I already started one and have made decent progress, I'm hoping to launch it by Feb 1st. I have a few other ideas I'm noodling, but haven't decided what my next project will be.

I’ve made the decision to get fit again. I no longer have the excuse of my job/career getting in the way but my laziness over the past year put me at my highest ever weight after our cruise vacation a month ago.

We just added a Peloton stationary bike and an abdominal/dip/pull-up bar to our fitness room and I started with intermittent fasting(no eating between 8pm and 1pm the next day)a couple weeks ago. I’ve been doing strength training 3-4 days a week for a few months and recently added cardio 6 days a week for 30-45 minutes. The Peloton bike is an easy way for me to exercise as I started cycling 9 years ago and for several years would log a few thousand miles each summer.

So far I’ve dropped 6-7 pounds and gained some strength. My goal is to get down to my wedding weight of 175 pounds or less without losing any muscle mass. It will take me a few more months to reach that weight but so far my results are encouraging.

Last edited:
Back