Vitamin Water offering $100k to ditch your smart phone for a year

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
I could win this easily but, frankly, I don't care enough to go through the hassle of trying to win the spot.

I often think about going back to a flip or candy bar style phone. Sure it's nice to have emails and access to things like THP, but I really don't NEED it. I know folks who rarely ever put their phones down and it really annoys me.

What say you, are you hooked to your smart device?

No problem. Days that I "accidently" leave my phone at home are the most peaceful days ever.

I could do it in a second. Like you said, its nice having access to things like email, Instagram, Facebook and other apps but I dont need it. I could easily go back to a burner phone. The only thing that I would miss is being able to listen to podcasts while in the car but Id survive.

Easier to carry the phone then laptop. :D But for 100K, I could manage.

For $100k I could EASILY ditch my smartphone.

If it wasn't a work requirement, easy peezy. Even as a millennial (barely), I thoroughly enjoy time away from my phone, which is why it stays in the golf bag most rounds.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’m a millennial. Sign me up

Sent from HTX

This would be tough for me. I burn through a ton of audiobooks on my daily commute and love having Waze available for traffic updates and whatnot. But, for $100k, I think I could give that up for a year.

Maybe for 3 minutes past that I don’t think I could get my job done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back