Ft Worth area housing

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
Guys, I recently submitted the initial application to attempt to become a police officer in Northlake, TX. I've been browsing Zillow looking at houses in the area, but figured I'd come here to ask questions from people with local knowledge.

I'd like to be in the sub-$300k range for the house. My/our requirements are:

MUST:
4+ beds
2.5 MINIMUM baths
2 car garage minimum
Good schools
20 mile radius of Northlake, TX

PREFERRED:
3 full baths
3 car garage
Gas range
Gas heat/fireplace

... and go!

my folks live in ft worth. Prices been shooting up there. Not sure about north lake. I have found my last 2 houses through realtor.com

If you still like some room to move around, we’ve been looking at Argyle for quite some time.

For what you are seeking, there are PLENTY of options south of Northlake. The only problem you are going to have is finding it for sub-300k... This area has seen home prices skyrocket over the past 5-7 years, and that obviously carries thru for property taxes too.

My house has appreciated in value by over 100k! Nice to know, but I would only benefit from this if I were to sell...but then I'd just "overpay" on the next one.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

For what you are seeking, there are PLENTY of options south of Northlake. The only problem you are going to have is finding it for sub-300k... This area has seen home prices skyrocket over the past 5-7 years, and that obviously carries thru for property taxes too.

My house has appreciated in value by over 100k! Nice to know, but I would only benefit from this if I were to sell...but then I'd just "overpay" on the next one.

Yeah, I know that. I said I applied to work in Northlake. I have no dreams of living in Northlake on that budget. That's why I stated a 20 mile radius. Figured I'd have someone point me in the right direction. I'm seeing some stuff, but not sure where the best schools are with houses in that range. Ain't like I'm buying this week so I've got time to look around.

I live in Keller, which is an option for you to consider. Other options south of Northlake include Roanoke, Alliance Gateway area, and Haslet. Basically the east and west sides of 35W are options for you...

Houses for sale in my area do not last long, as numerous friends who have sold had listings last less than 3-5 days....yes, 3-5 days or less!!!...and they got full offers, a couple had full cash offers or bidding wars push prices over asking.

As for schools, I can only speak for Keller ISD...and its one of the best in the state. I can't point you toward proof, but I recall this "stat" being referenced in PTA meetings the last couple years. There are a couple private and enhanced learning options in the Keller area too.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Look in Justin, I lived there for 14 years. I had a house just as you described and it is just under 300 now. If you need a realtor, I know a very good one in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look in Justin, I lived there for 14 years. I had a house just as you described and it is just under 300 now. If you need a realtor, I know a very good one in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM me with the name and contact info if you don't mind. I'll keep it in the PM box until I am ready to use it. Thanks.

I live in Keller, which is an option for you to consider. Other options south of Northlake include Roanoke, Alliance Gateway area, and Haslet. Basically the east and west sides of 35W are options for you...

Houses for sale in my area do not last long, as numerous friends who have sold had listings last less than 3-5 days....yes, 3-5 days or less!!!...and they got full offers, a couple had full cash offers or bidding wars push prices over asking.

As for schools, I can only speak for Keller ISD...and its one of the best in the state. I can't point you toward proof, but I recall this "stat" being referenced in PTA meetings the last couple years. There are a couple private and enhanced learning options in the Keller area too.

Good luck!

Good stuff! Thanks for the input!

I have a buddy down in San Antonio that just bought and sold and his experience was the same down there. Just a few days on the market for his to sell and the one he bought was on the market just a few days before he bought it. Apparently, the housing market is heavy toward the seller down there now.

Good stuff! Thanks for the input!

I have a buddy down in San Antonio that just bought and sold and his experience was the same down there. Just a few days on the market for his to sell and the one he bought was on the market just a few days before he bought it. Apparently, the housing market is heavy toward the seller down there now.
Same here....seller has all the options and will make $$ pretty easy.

Back