bigtazz53

@bigtazzGOLF
Reaction score
Handicap
13.3 GHIN
Hi guys,
Curious if you polish your shoes and if you do, what do you use?

Tazz

@bigtazzGOLF
Sent from Big Orange country
using Tapatalk #GoVols

I typically use the standard Kiwi black for my uniform shoes but Parade Gloss will put that mirror like shine on them. As of late though, I've been cheating and taking them to the local shoe repair shop to get them shined.

Sorry I mean your golf shoes.

@bigtazzGOLF
using Tapatalk #GoVols

Any polish will work on golf shoes. I don't personally polish my golf shoes, but I do polish my work shoes (to varying levels of shine). I use a neutral wax polish on my brown shoes (I have several shades of brown, so it's just easier), and alternating coats of navy and black for my black shoes. The navy adds some depth that black doesn't give. If you're looking for a simple shine, you can use neutral on all your shoes and be fine.

Don't forget to condition and clean your shoes before polishing. Lexol works fine, although there are plenty of dedicated shoe specific types out there.

Also not a bad idea to use a spray water proof on them. Above all rip out the cheap a-- insoles and put a decent pair in them. It makes sooo much difference.
Any polish will work on golf shoes. I don't personally polish my golf shoes, but I do polish my work shoes (to varying levels of shine). I use a neutral wax polish on my brown shoes (I have several shades of brown, so it's just easier), and alternating coats of navy and black for my black shoes. The navy adds some depth that black doesn't give. If you're looking for a simple shine, you can use neutral on all your shoes and be fine.

Don't forget to condition and clean your shoes before polishing. Lexol works fine, although there are plenty of dedicated shoe specific types out there.

I take my shoes to get polished about once/week, but when I do it myself it's kiwi. The best shine I get are the shoe shine guys at Lambert Airport in St. Louis. They use nothing but kiwi also. My cordovan shoes look like mirrors when they are done with them.

Man i love getting shoe shines.

I take my shoes to get polished about once/week, but when I do it myself it's kiwi. The best shine I get are the shoe shine guys at Lambert Airport in St. Louis. They use nothing but kiwi also. My cordovan shoes look like mirrors when they are done with them.

Man i love getting shoe shines.

So, you wear your golf shoes while traveling, eh?

So, you wear your golf shoes while traveling, eh?

After I posted it I realized this was a golf shoe question.

When I do polish my golf shoes it's kiwi natural.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I use saddle soap to clean/condition them. On my black and brown Mizuno wingtips I use black and neutral kiwi. On my white Eccos I've only used white kiwi since I'm afraid that the saddle soap might darken the leather.

I use cordovan for the same reason you use navy.

Not anymore! The newer shoes don't really take polish well, do they?

After I posted it I realized this was a golf shoe question.

When I do polish my golf shoes it's kiwi natural.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No worries, playing off of mr.hicksta's comment. Me, with my golf shoes I just give 'em a good scrubbing every now and then.

Thanks guys. I went with ole faithful, kiwi. And it did fine.

@bigtazzGOLF
using Tapatalk #GoVols

I don't wear leather golf shoes anymore, so don't need to worry about them, but when I did, I used to use dubbin. Cleans, softens and helps the leather remain waterproof.

I don't wear leather golf shoes anymore, so don't need to worry about them, but when I did, I used to use dubbin. Cleans, softens and helps the leather remain waterproof.

Never heard of dubbin before. After Googling, I might have to give it a try.

On synthetics, in a pinch, a Gripe wipe does wonders on stubborn stains.

Which after market insoles do you use?

Also not a bad idea to use a spray water proof on them. Above all rip out the cheap a-- insoles and put a decent pair in them. It makes sooo much difference.

Back