Magicals golf courses

Forevergolf

Reaction score
Handicap
What golf courses have you played that just walking on the fairway makes you feel special?
In my experience, this is the golf course that it made me feel that
[video=youtube_share;OLWdQ-8oNW8]https://youtu.be/OLWdQ-8oNW8[/video]

Looks like a beautiful course, thanks for sharing. From my perspective, my home course (Trillium Woods) up in Canada is very similar, in the forest, no houses or buildings, plenty of deer (unafraid), foxes and other wildlife, completely free from traffic or other outside noise. First thing in morning and after 5 pm are my favorite times of the day as more wildlife on course and the beauty created by the rising/setting sun creates some unique perspectives you don't see in the middle of the day.

I happened across this place out in the middle of the dessert. I am going to play here on Christmas day.

For me it was Currahee Club in north Georgia. This place was ridiculous, every hole was unbelievable. There was a lot of up and down and it was a very difficult course, but I really enjoyed playing it.

https://curraheeclub.com/

Cabot Cliffs. It's in my backyard, yet feels like an entirely different country.

Speaking of which, I still need to get those reviews up.

Despite its issues, I've always said that walking the grounds at Chambers Bay I feel like I'm on a different planet.

Also, The Hideaway is one of those places where you keep thinking you've seen all the beauty there but then you drive around a corner and bam, theres another breathtaking vista. It's just non stop beautiful.

Magicals golf courses

The Hideaway - perfectly manicured courses with scenic backdrops. The Clive with the white sand that pop are beautiful juxtaposed against the perfectly green grass.

Bandon Dunes - the first time you see ocean on the dog leg 4th was and will always be magical.

Lahich - my favorite course we played in Ireland. Original Tom Morris holes remain. Holes that play into town just like a British Open. I absolutely love this course. VERY special

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Despite its issues, I've always said that walking the grounds at Chambers Bay I feel like I'm on a different planet.

Also, The Hideaway is one of those places where you keep thinking you've seen all the beauty there but then you drive around a corner and bam, theres another breathtaking vista. It's just non stop beautiful.

The USGA didn’t do them any favors letting the greens get away from them. I’ve heard from many that the greens are awesome and nothing like what we saw on tv.

It’s on the list of courses to get to. I love that set up.

The USGA didn’t do them any favors letting the greens get away from them. I’ve heard from many that the greens are awesome and nothing like what we saw on tv.

It’s on the list of courses to get to. I love that set up.

I’ve tried 4 times and never encountered good greens. Still, I agree with Army that you have to play it at least once.

Sand Hollow will always hold a special place in my heart. It's such a beautiful place, you can sometimes forget it's a golf course

Posted on Tapatalk via my Motorola RAZR

Cabot Cliffs. It's in my backyard, yet feels like an entirely different country.

Speaking of which, I still need to get those reviews up.

Speaking of Nova Scotia, Highlands Links was one of those magical courses for me. The seclusion, the beauty (Ocean to Forest to Mountains and back!), and the amazement that they could build this course in the 1930s made for an incredible round of golf. Now, if they could just improve on the conditions...

Speaking of Nova Scotia, Highlands Links was one of those magical courses for me. The seclusion, the beauty (Ocean to Forest to Mountains and back!), and the amazement that they could build this course in the 1930s made for an incredible round of golf. Now, if they could just improve on the conditions...

The Highlands is pretty awesome. The issue is how many times it's changed hands over the past decade, which plays into the issues with the conditions. Given it's built on a lot of rock, time of year heavily influences it as well. That's sort of a region wide issue. Many argue it's Stanley Thompson's greatest design though and it's hard to argue that.

Great avatar btw haha.

Raspberry Falls in Virginia and both courses at Kananaskis have that special feeling.

I travel to the USA in March, I will play it if you recommend it :)

I have been fortunate enough to play in 30 different states over the last 10 years and in that time I have only had 3 that really made me do a double take and pinch myself. First one was Old MacDonald at Bandon Dunes. Just such a surreal feel playing that course. Second was SandHollow in Hurricane, Utah. This course might be my favorite course that I have played. Lastly is Pebble Beach. It gets knocked for the inland holes but the holes that run along the pacific are absolutely breathtaking. Number 8 to me is the greatest hole in golf. The tee shot on #18 has to be one of the most intimidating. That’s what I got.

I have been fortunate enough to play in 30 different states over the last 10 years and in that time I have only had 3 that really made me do a double take and pinch myself. First one was Old MacDonald at Bandon Dunes. Just such a surreal feel playing that course. Second was SandHollow in Hurricane, Utah. This course might be my favorite course that I have played. Lastly is Pebble Beach. It gets knocked for the inland holes but the holes that run along the pacific are absolutely breathtaking. Number 8 to me is the greatest hole in golf. The tee shot on #18 has to be one of the most intimidating. That’s what I got.

I will play Pebble one day

Back