You Choose The Course

Mirimichi

77.0/147/7479 yards

bethpage black

if we can stay private, secession

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played there this year and sadly the course has gone down hill in my opinion.

That's too bad. I haven't been there, but it looked great from the flyover on their website.

How bad is it? I had it on my 50 states trip list.

That's too bad. I haven't been there, but it looked great from the flyover on their website.

Hard for me to say, but it wouldnt be on my top list for the state, thats for sure.

banking on global warming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont want to derail, but it is nowhere near where it was at its best. There was a time when I longed for a THP event there, but we deserve better.

JM

Dont want to derail, but it is nowhere near where it was at its best. There was a time when I longed for a THP event there, but we deserve better.

JM

That's the former Timberlake course no? I heard it had taken a nose dive in quality as of late, which is a bummer. It looked pretty spectacular at one time.

What about Pinehurst #2? Another older-style course, it's hosted big events before. However, the new approach to agronomy would give you a VERY different look than Augusta.

That's the former Timberlake course no? I heard it had taken a nose dive in quality as of late, which is a bummer. It looked pretty spectacular at one time.

Yes, and it really was. It's very :sad::sad:

I'm heavily biased, since I played this course last year but:

Apple Valley in the NC mountains. Beautiful course, very dramatic ups and downs. 72/140 from the tips. The setting is worthy of the tournament.

http://www.rumblingbald.com/golf/apple-valley

Hard for me to say, but it wouldnt be on my top list for the state, thats for sure.

JM

I'll keep it on the list since it's in a decent location, but thanks for the info!

Karsten Creek (Stillwater, OK)
NCAA Men's Regional host in May 2016
77.2/152/7449

Public and Impeccable are Mutually Exclusive. Probably going to have to go with some type of resort.

I'm going with the Wynn!

Scratch that was thinking of The Grand Golf Club in Del Mar. You can get on if you stay at the hotel.

I would agree with Pebble Beach. Drop it during the west coast swing in February and it becomes the "New" Masters in April. Not a better place in the world to play a round of golf.

Being public really makes it hard, it definitely has to stay in the SE. Pinehurst #2 is the most b logical choice, maybe to logical. I haven't played there but maybe Cuscowilla? Farm Links?

Pasatiempo

Pebble Beach Golf Links. No question.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

Well, it's super private, but you can play it if you spend 500 a night to stay at the Colony House so it's kinda like a resort course. So I'm going with Mountain Lake.

OK that is cheating

This is brutal, I've thought about courses that could be compared to Augusta, and well I keep drawing a blank when trying to compare anything to it.

This is brutal, I've thought about courses that could be compared to Augusta, and well I keep drawing a blank when trying to compare anything to it.

Same issue I had. There are some super private courses that might be in the same zip code but public/resort really makes it tricky.

Same issue I had. There are some super private courses that might be in the same zip code but public/resort really makes it tricky.
Exactly, some Private courses would be easier, but public or resort only is tough.

Summerlin does not fit the criteria.
But even if it was, I find it hard to believe the Masters could be held at the same course that held the Shriners. :D

True and wouldn't it be funny if they added a Shriners hat along with the green jacket...I guess then my pick would be Cascada or Shadow Creek.

Back