Odyssey White Hot RX Putter Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I really do enjoy this insert, and their journey to create it is pretty freaking cool.

Loved the review James. Definitely a ponder for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
I really do enjoy this insert, and their journey to create it is pretty freaking cool.

That was a really good read. I mean really good read.

Excellent review, James. Thanks for the detailed thoughts. This shape just screams at me, and I think it's just the perfect shape for a putter. Odyssey hit a home run here, and I really cant wait to try out the White Hot RX insert.

Your putter reviews make my wallet sad.

Excellent review, James. Thanks for the detailed thoughts. This shape just screams at me, and I think it's just the perfect shape for a putter. Odyssey hit a home run here, and I really cant wait to try out the White Hot RX insert.

Its a must for the Beags collection.

I have much wants for this putter. Its purty!

Great review James, enjoyed reading it!

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Good review. Lots of details in this one. I like the fang and the new insert interests me.

Enjoyed the review James. Interesting that the new insert produces a roll much more akin to the Fusion RX than the original White Hot. I would have expected it to be the opposite.

What's the head weight on this one?

Enjoyed the review James. Interesting that the new insert produces a roll much more akin to the Fusion RX than the original White Hot. I would have expected it to be the opposite.

What's the head weight on this one?

The face pattern produces the roll, just as the metal on the Fusion does in that one. We simply get the feel (sound) of the WHP now with this insert. They've literally got something for everyone now, mxm for milled fans, fusion RX for those wanting the benefits of the insert with more of a milled type sound (feel), and this with the roll of the Fusion but sound(feel) of the WHP (though in a totally different design/material).

Vline Fang is 345g. Some will freak about that, but if they weren't told 99 percent would never notice.

Really looking forward to rolling the vline fang. Great review James!

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

While the shape isn't something I'd normally gravitate towards, the insert has me incredibly intrigued. Awesome writeup, James, and thanks for the insight into the development of the new insert.

The face pattern produces the roll, just as the metal on the Fusion does in that one. We simply get the feel (sound) of the WHP now with this insert. They've literally got something for everyone now, mxm for milled fans, fusion RX for those wanting the benefits of the insert with more of a milled type sound (feel), and this with the roll of the Fusion but sound(feel) of the WHP (though in a totally different design/material).

Vline Fang is 345g. Some will freak about that, but if they weren't told 99 percent would never notice.

I'm intrigued. I like the fusion RX for the reasons you mentioned and now I need to roll this one

Not so much. The price point is phenomenal for this line

Yup, have a strong urge to roll a White Hot RX now. Great review James.

Still really digging the looks of that putter. Nice review, James!

Great review! It's on my ponder list especially since it looks almost the same as the current putter in my bag.

4-800x5353.jpg

img60920121.gif

Outstanding review and I'll definitely be giving these a roll when they're available locally. Strictly for research purposes of course :wink:

Just waiting on the Vline fang to ship.

Looking forward to your thoughts t2g

Great review James! Never been an insert guy, but that won't stop me from giving these a try.

Looking forward to your thoughts t2g

Man I love the Vline feel, and Jman sold me on this head style, also helps that I've been rolling the number 7 for a while. So outbid the three I'm coming away with something hahaha

I'm pretty interested in the insert. I like inserts and remember fondly my XG version from years ago. I think I'm still chasing that sound

Back