Royal Links Vegas

sposey013168

Reaction score
Handicap
I do not think this course has been reviewed here yet.
Not doing this as an official review but want to comment on this course.

I am probably in the minority but this is my favorite course of the 3 we played in Vegas this past weekend.

First reason is the Staff is amazing. EVERYONE that worked there made you feel like you are a tour pro. From the starter to the cart girl to the bartender, just 100 percent all the way around. (I will be getting a Par Mate next time!!!!!!!!!) to little things like having a free yardage book in your cart and a group framed photo ready for you when you finish.

Excellent Range. Mike Davis has a teaching school here and if I lived there I could see myself using that range often!!!!

The course is 100 percent links style, from the firm fast fairways to the greens rolling at an 11 to the bunkers that are 8 feet deep. Just a true links experience.

If you get to vegas make sure you put this on your must play list. A++ to me

Definitely want to play this one, its been on my list for quite some time. Glad it lived up to the hype

TIGHT fairways as well. Really need to place the ball or you end up in the tall grass and good luck finding your ball and if you do being able to advance it. I came away pleasantly surprised at this course. Yes it is a links style course but it is a darn good one

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I am a huge fan of Royal Links also. Used to play there at least once every other month. Fun layout, challenging, and you don't feel at all like you're on East Sahara haha. They'll usually do a great deal if you want to play all three of his courses, or at least Royal Links plus Desert Pines back to back days. Glad you liked it!

290e2c157db639281c5c23b547238ebe.jpg

fb1987f6e943a1961a0eccfb34ea45ec.jpg

a2b1f1d8fc88d8f71d21a5e81cf5e6dd.jpg

391c54e04b811d5748955bb7d9f96dbe.jpg

33761ceb13b4e62fd7e1ae4e1a361dfe.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Played it when I was in school at UNLV. It's a fun course to play. Definitely enjoyed all it had to offer.

Did you get to check out Desert Pines? I thought that course was SUPER unique.

Shane this one is definitely now on the list. I haven't been to Vegas in quite some time so going to make that happen. Those bunkers are DEEP!

I'll be playing Royal Links soon. I may need to borrow Shane's shovel to get out of some of those bunkers...

Here is the picture they take before tee off and have for purchase after the round.

Also on Hole 8 Par 3 they have you bet any amount that you will hit the green if you miss you get the amount you bet in pro shop credit if you hit you get double the amount you bet. Hole 8 is where Shane's picture in the bunker is from. None of us hit even though we put some solid bets down

890cc038c6a89424c02eeaeae63528f6.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Definitely a great course. Very unique. Links style but the fairways are super tight. I don't remember any that were more than 40yds wide at the wide parts. Make you place your shots but you CAN hit drivers if you can avoid the really tall stuff. Bunkers are deep!

Just like Shane said this course was an amazing time and the staff was excellent. The course was a great fun layout and fairways were tough to hit, I missed a lot of them actually. Greens were fast but the ball rolled true. I would play this course every time I went out to Vegas!

One of the best I've played in Vegas. It's a great track

I played it about 15yrs ago and remember really having a great time and thinking that the course was a lot of fun. I don't usually bring clubs to Vegas but it is definitely on my list for my next trip with clubs.

I followed your rounds last weekend. Looked like a fun course and those bunkers are why 60° or higher wedges were created.

I played Royal Links the last time I was in Vegas and I loved it as well. I will play it again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhhhhh, so this is the place with all the "inspired by" holes. I would love to play this place.

It's a fun course and I enjoy my rounds out there.

Its been on my list for a while. Glad you got to play there Birthday Boy!

JM

Back