Found a brand new TM Burner Superfast in a discount bin for $65. Any thoughts???

TheFlyingWASP

Reaction score
Handicap
Found a brand new TM Burner Superfast (2010) in a discount bin at an old muni my dad plays at in FL for $65... I think it's like 5 or 6 years old. Can anyone tell me anything about it? I never tried it when it came out. I was on a Ping kick at the time & was making my way thru the various Raptures & G models available at the time. The old guy running the place won't let me hit it. Maybe that's why it's been here for 6 years. Ha! Anyway, I'm very curious. The shaft is REALLY long. Don't know if it was custom ordered & never picked up, or if that's just how they were made. Thinking of pulling the trigger, but wanted to see what you guys thought.

Though I appreciate the link, thank you, I'm curious of people's opinions of that driver in 2016, not 2010. I'm curious if it's STILL a good, long, forgiving, great driver like it was on 10', or has new technology & improved forgiveness left this in the discount bin for a reason? Just wondering. Thanks!!!

Ah, gotchya. There's going to be a technology gap with a 6 year old club, but that doesn't mean the club is flawed or not playable at all.

Though I appreciate the link, thank you, I'm curious of people's opinions of that driver in 2016, not 2010. I'm curious if it's STILL a good, long, forgiving, great driver like it was on 10', or has new technology & improved forgiveness left this in the discount bin for a reason? Just wondering. Thanks!!!
I'd be real surprised here if anyone still plays it (because we like to tinker with new and shiny equipment). That being said, my uncle who I play golf with occasionally has this still in his bag. He can swing the heck out of it but really struggles with consistency, can't really attribute that to the club solely though.

Hope someone else can provide recent first hand experience.

I still game my TM Burner superfast TP driver (original black paint version). I think it was one of the best drivers ever made as it fits my swing and I have had it since 2010 and keep coming back to it. I do have mine playing at 45.5".

Is that not the driver Sneds just took out of his bag?

The $65 price seems good. There are 4 new Burner drivers available on the bay. 3 are $100 or more. The fourth is only $20, which to me is so good of a deal that makes me wonder if it's legit.

I think you are correct and Shane Lowry won last year and he was still using this driver.

One of my golfing buddies still uses this club and regularly bombs it about 260-275.

He doesn't see the point in buying a new one.

I can't speak to personal experience, but I was at the range the other day next to a gentleman with this club and some original Burner 1.0 irons. He was striping everything in his bag with a beautiful flowing swing that I envied. Decent pop sound and he was just hitting it on a line.

For that price, brand new, I say do it.

Good price, not a bad club at all. Not the new really low spinning drivers but $60 might as well.

Honestly there's likely even newer and even better drivers that can be had for the same price now. Id check around

How would this compare to last years AeroBurner? I'm assuming the Aeroburner was modled somewhat on this driver...

How would this compare to last years AeroBurner? I'm assuming the Aeroburner was modled somewhat on this driver...

I think the TP superfast head is the closest to the Aeroburner head TM has made recently. The regular version of the superfast is going to spin a little more than the Aeroburner. I hit the Aeroburner and really like it as well.

I'm surprised it's even $65, I still own mine. I liked it but it wasn't nearly as effective as the drivers I replaced it with. Maybe if I took out the stock shaft and tinkered with it I would have kept it around.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Took my Z545 out today to the range & messed w/ weights & face angle. 3g weight in back to reduce spin & closing the face down just a touch did the trick. That little tweak added about length & gave me the ball flight I was looking for. Driver search is off. Guess that's why they make these things adjustable. I guess I'll be holding off on buying this "dinosaur" of a driver, even at that price.

Back