THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Ok guys

20 words or less...straight up....why should Jeremy or I pick you
All I can think about is contributing to a W and my first HOF tag! Team golf = best golf!
Monday February 8th, 2016
All will be revealed
Monday Monday Monday! Time to clear out the meetings!!
Question: THP had some amazing coverage of the PGA show and new products coming out this year. Which one was your favorite and are you looking to add anything new to the bag this year?
Matte Black PM Grind is a must and it will happen. Maybe even a pre-order today haha.

The coverage was awesome. I wish I had more time to keep up.
Thanks JD. Hopefully some of the guys check out the hundreds of new threads and THP TV episodes with tech talk straight from the source of experts in this industry. Ya never know, maybe they will need that knowledge to enter... :D
Soooooo much content from the show. Today should be pretty slow. Time to catch up on some of it.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Can't wait for the details on Monday!

Jeremy,
The products from the PGA show that I'd consider adding to the bag was that sleek GPS watch, and of course some Black PM wedges!

Can't wait for the details on Monday!

Jeremy,
The products from the PGA show that I'd consider adding to the bag was that sleek GPS watch, and of course some Black PM wedges!
And any other camping equipment, I'm sure :alien:

Alright hopefuls, a little twist on asking what the best part of your game is:

If you had to pick one specific type of shot to beat 10 other people in a competition...what would it be? For example: 150 yard approach, or 20 foot putt. What's one thing you have confidence that you'd perform really well at under pressure?

And follow up to that...do you think you'd be able to travel that under the pressure of RR?

If you had to pick one specific type of shot to beat 10 other people in a competition...what would it be? For example: 150 yard approach, or 20 foot putt. What's one thing you have confidence that you'd perform really well at under pressure?

And follow up to that...do you think you'd be able to travel that under the pressure of RR?

Judging by the end of last year, it was just having a ball in play off the tee. I could hit driver with 100% confidence knowing its going to be out there in play. Come this year who knows, we probably still have a solid two months before I can evaluate where my game is right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

73 yard shot about 3 yards past a false front and long sloping away into a bunker. I also like my chance in any sort of over 50 foot non 3 putt competition.

As far as the pressure I should be fine. I have done plenty of bowling tournaments as a kid and have played a lot of poker and poker tournaments where one hand might cost you 4 and 5 figures. Combine those and I would like to think I can do well in this setting. There also are a few golf tournaments I will be doing this year before #THPRgionalRivalry to get used to at least some pressure while golfin

a 20 ft putt! That's what I'd like to sink in front off everyone. And I have the confidence to do it.

Last edited:
115 yard approach. Or a greenside bunker

Guess I'll answer my own question.

I'd go 50y pitch shot. I'm very comfortable and confident with my wedges, and have good success with that shot that I know a lot seem to struggle with.

And yes, I fully believe I'll travel that to Boulder if I get in.

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Great question. 120yd sand wedge that hops and stops safely on the green inside of 15-20' like clock work. Does it travel? Absolutely....I love that little extra stamina rush with some people watching or in a pressure situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

60-70 Yard approach shot they seem to be one of the shots I can typically pull off with success. Yes it travels. I play the same whether its a casual round or league or THP rounds.

150 yard shot is money for me. Add on the pressure and I don't see any issues of me pulling it off.

20 foot putt all day long

Give me a 60-70 yard shot. Think that's where I would like to be if the time came

Gimme a simple, straight forward 100 yard shot. I don't like things too complicated.

Put me in a bunker, any bunker with actual sand in it.

Specific shot I'm not sure about, but I would have no problem being the last group out and having to hit shots on 18 to win. I guess if I had to pick a shot it would be a putt.

To be honest about the pressure and the traveling part. I just don't see where there is any pressure and I have no idea what travel means. If I get picked I am going to show up that day and give 100%, play hard and do my part to help OHIO win.

Good question. I'll go with the 150 yard approach. Pretty confident in that part of my game and would enjoy the pressure.

Ok guys

20 words or less...straight up....why should Jeremy or I pick you

My scores are dropping & my enthusiasm is already high. I know how to have fun & compete!

40 foot putt. Or any really tough putt. I enjoy them and have the mindset of putting it close (or in). My game will travel (in this case 20 minutes worth of traveling)

Tough bad lie around the green.. I have tried to build my game turning 3 shots into 2 . I spend most of my time on short game.. It travels.. Bad lie is a bad lie no matter where or when it is... TEAM MICHIGAN BABY!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The tap in putt. I'm money from there.

Can't wait until Monday!

Either a long breaking putt or a 30-40 yard wedge shot. But we'll see what's working best come June

Back