That's awesome. Congrats to your son! We're just now looking at pre-schools for our oldest so we're a little ways off from college, lol.

Enjoy them at every age and start saving now!

0d8126ffce2c748e39d960af70d38dfc.jpg

I see her face and it makes me happy!!!

As many here are young parents you will one day appreciate the sense of relief and pride my wife and I feel after finding out that oldest got accepted yesterday to his top college choice. The big brown envelope came in the mail late yesterday from St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota. It's a small school with only 3,100 students but it routinely ranked about 50th in the country for liberal arts colleges. As parents we couldn't be more happy and proud. He's gotten in to a couple other schools that he liked but has also recently got a rejection letter from one of his top choices so this really makes him happy. We've had some challenges with him over the high school years including the normal teenage boy apathy about school work, opposite sex highs and lows, and 2 concussions which caused some tough times academically but he turned his GPA around the last few semesters. He's not a straight A type of student but his sports, student council, essay, interview, and test scores were obviously a big part of the admissions criteria. It's a big relief as a parent, now the trick will be keeping his senioritis under control. Last week he actually asked us if he could skip school to go skiing! The apple does fall very close to the tree.

http://ctcl.org/st-olaf-college/
Congrats Tahoe, that's awesome. Good parents > good kids.

I was really happy for my daughter today. She was lukewarm about playing basketball. Her team is a split 3rd grade / 4th the grade team. There was more than one night early in the season when she came home crying because the older girls didn't include the younger girls, she wanted to quit, etc. She has come a long way. She hustles, plays hard defense, and is developing instincts for the game. She got a bunch of shots today as a result of being smart and playing the right way, actually made one or two and made her first free throw ever. It was fun to see.

My kids. Man it goes by fast.

1e2a2cb2ea840e9bcf6b2875a209fa6d.jpg

34cb1eef9a3c4e4e023144aee20679eb.jpg

Jace, 21 mos and Jaxon will be 6 in a few short weeks. Unbelievable that my babies are almost 2 and 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife sent me pictures to brighten up my night while I'm at work uploadfromtaptalk1454304729729.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454304744712.jpg

Flying to Orlando Friday as a surprise trip for my oldest son's 5th birthday. We found a guy on fiverr that does Disney character voices, so we had him do a personalized message to our son in Mickey's voice. We have a recorder wrapped for him to open Friday morning that will play the message. Hopefully we get the reaction we are looking for! I'm a little nervous about flying with our 16 month old, but maybe he'll sleep the entire time. Thank you JetBlue for non-stop or MCO from Syracuse.

4 years ago around 2am today my wife went into labor with our oldest son. I remember every moment like it was just yesterday. My how time flies.

Minor panic yesterday: My birthday boy decided to stick a sequin in his ear during nap time. He kept trying to get it out, which pushed it even further into his ear. I got a call to pick him up, and when I got there, I couldn't even see it. I decided to take him home to see if I could remove it, before going to the walk in. I had to pull his ear back to expose his canal before I could see the sequin lodged in there. I was able to get it with a pair of very fine tweezers. I'm still amazed at how far back it was. I did a few simple tests to make sure there was no damage done to his eardrum and all seems fine. I wanted to yell at him so bad about doing this stupid stuff 4 days before we go on vacation, but he still doesn't know we are going. He felt terrible about doing it too and was on the verge of tears when I picked him up, and I just can yell at him when he gets that way. We did have a talk though. I'm sure the first of many about sticking things where they aren't supposed to go....

2.5 year old Daughter used the potty every time she went to the bathroom yesterday, its amazing she went from not wanting to use it, to being so happy to use it so she can show us she went on the potty.

All these baby pics are making me happy......and remembering the times we got em to sleep through the night for the first time. Was like winning the Super Bowl for a parent.

You guys Do a great job of taking good pics. I just go for the ridiculous ones.

ad3aa0ddb3d80ff1a77cfe3c6ec02345.jpg

That's hysterical.

Ho long did you have to hold the camera up to get that one?

There are about ten in that progression, but he went for a yawn halfway through and created Daddy gold.

Perfectly awesome.

4 years ago around 2am today my wife went into labor with our oldest son. I remember every moment like it was just yesterday. My how time flies.

Dude I wish I could bottle and sell the awesome feelings I got when the dr placed my daughters in my hands for the first time. Everything I thought was important didn't matter. Those girls & momma were my sole purpose in life now. What a great feeling.

Minor panic yesterday: My birthday boy decided to stick a sequin in his ear during nap time. He kept trying to get it out, which pushed it even further into his ear. I got a call to pick him up, and when I got there, I couldn't even see it. I decided to take him home to see if I could remove it, before going to the walk in. I had to pull his ear back to expose his canal beforehand and I could see the sequin lodged in there. I was able to get it with a pair of very fine tweezers. I'm still amazed at how far back it was. I did a few simple tests to make sure there was no damage done to his eardrum and all seems fine. I wanted to yell at him so bad about doing this stupid stuff 4 days before we go on vacation, but he still doesn't know we are going. He felt terrible about doing it too and was on the verge of tears when I picked him up, and I just can yell at him when he gets that way. We did have a talk though. I'm sure the first of many about sticking things where they aren't supposed to go....

Similar story my oldest when she was about 18 months old kept saying she had an "eyeball" in her ear. We laughed it off as a kid being a kid and moved on. A couple of days later her ear was really bugging her so we took her to the ENT for a checkup. He laughed and pulled out one of those googly eyes kids use on construction paper. Turns out she pushed it in her ear and we couldn't see it. We all got a good laugh, but scary at the same time.

That's a great one. Kids give some awesome opportunities for pictures. Never a dull moment!

The first of many! haha.

That's a good one too. I know we have a bunch like that of our girls and it will be great to embarrass them later in life with them. ?

My son has now forgotten to bring his recorder into school with him 2 weeks in a row. But it's not his fault, though. Nope. All mine, according to my wife. Apparently a 10 year old shouldn't be expected to remember things like, oh, bringing his recorder in every Tuesday for music class.

My son has now forgotten to bring his recorder into school with him 2 weeks in a row. But it's not his fault, though. Nope. All mine, according to my wife. Apparently a 10 year old shouldn't be expected to remember things like, oh, bringing his recorder in every Tuesday for music class.
Or bring a school book home some time other than the night before a test in order to study for said test.

We are living in parallel worlds, russtopher.

2.5 year old Daughter used the potty every time she went to the bathroom yesterday, its amazing she went from not wanting to use it, to being so happy to use it so she can show us she went on the potty.

Be thankful it happened so early. My 5 year sometimes decided she can't make it. SMH

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

In the coming days I'll be signing my 4 year old up for kindergarten. I know it's been said many times in this thread, but where has the time gone?

Time is going by way too fast.

Back