ebay 15% off price ?

DG_1234

Reaction score
Handicap
I've had a buyer pay and subsequently write me that "ebay is now offering 15% off so may I cancel my order and resubmit with the 15% off price?".
Later he messaged me that it was up to me to cancel his purchase order, that he could not do it.
My question (s) are who is giving 15% off my buy-it-now price, me or ebay ? If it's me I don't want to lower my price by 15%. If i's ebay I question how the company can afford to pay this money to buyers.
Also, is what the seller requesting I do normal procedure and, or, condoned by ebay ?
Thanks in advance for any replies.

I've had a buyer pay and subsequently write me that "ebay is now offering 15% off so may I cancel my order and resubmit with the 15% off price?".
Later he messaged me that it was up to me to cancel his purchase order, that he could not do it.
My question (s) are who is giving 15% off my buy-it-now price, me or ebay ? If it's me I don't want to lower my price by 15%. If i's ebay I question how the company can afford to pay this money to buyers.
Also, is what the seller requesting I do normal procedure and, or, condoned by ebay ?

eBay. nothing changes on your part.

The 15% comes from eBay, not you. The buyers need to put the code in at checkout. Sellers get full price.

Thank you gentlemen.
I've just now did what the buyer requested, which is cancel his previous order.
Presumably now he will input the code and repurchase my item.

Back